Some thoughts about enhancing the Map feature  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
mediavets

Topic author
Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Some thoughts about enhancing the Map feature

by mediavets » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Some thoughts about enhancing the Map feature:

1. I would like to have the ability to determine the closed' dimensions of the Map image. This would seem to be something that is simple to implement? All we need in the UI is a second set of domension controls - see mockup screenshot.

2. If choosing to relatively scale the display of the Map image rather than specifiying absolute pixel dimensions then I would like to have the option to control/restrict the max. zoom/size to 100%.

3. I would like to have the option of controlling the display of the Map from a button on the navigation bar rather than having a small version of the Map image permanently displayed. So if one chose to have a Map button on the Navigation bar one could also choose not to have the map image displayed at all unless the user clicked on the Navigation bar button for display the Map image.

4. Couple with 3 above - I would like to be able to specify a central position for the display of the Map image, as well as the current corner options.

I think the mockup screenshot - first - below contains all the user controls that would be required?

The second screenshot shows the current controls as a comparison.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

renan
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by renan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 pm

listed in ideas box