Point Hotspot can´t be moved  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
rruiz

Point Hotspot can´t be moved

by rruiz » Mon May 12, 2014 12:51 am

Windows 7
Panotour 2.1

I can´t move a hotspot created; if I clic and try to drop doesn´t move always... in most of the cases don´t. It´s horrible because if a hotspot is not localed in the correct place, I need to delete and create anew one instead of trying to move the current spot. (For your info) I can select it and turns "blue"

Why?

Roberto

bdd
Kolor Team

Re: Point Hotspot can´t be moved

by bdd » Tue May 13, 2014 8:46 am

rruiz wrote:Windows 7
Panotour 2.1

I can´t move a hotspot created; if I clic and try to drop doesn´t move always... in most of the cases don´t. It´s horrible because if a hotspot is not localed in the correct place, I need to delete and create anew one instead of trying to move the current spot. (For your info) I can select it and turns "blue"

Why?

Roberto

You cannot move a spot created automatically on the GPS coordinates of a panorama.
But you can change the GPS coordinates of this panorama. There you can move the marker to set the correct coordinates.

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... CALISATION

Gérald

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 am

bdd wrote:
Panotour 2.1

Why?

Roberto

You cannot move a spot created automatically on the GPS coordinates of a panorama.
But you can change the GPS coordinates of this panorama. There you can move the marker to set the correct coordinates.

Gérald

I could not move a normal Point hotspot.

PTP 2.1 64-bits on Windows 8.1 pro.

no avatar
rruiz

by rruiz » Tue May 13, 2014 10:20 pm

mediavets wrote:
bdd wrote:
Panotour 2.1

Why?

Roberto

Gérald

I could not move a normal Point hotspot.

Yes... I think it is a bug because as he said happened with a normal hotspot, not a GPS hotspot !

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed May 14, 2014 11:55 am

rruiz wrote:
mediavets wrote:I could not move a normal Point hotspot.

Yes... I think it is a bug because as he said happened with a normal hotspot, not a GPS hotspot !

To move a spot, you have to select the icon correponding to the spot type.
If you selected the "move" icon, you can move the panorama, not the spot.

The hotspot editor did not change between the 1.8 version and this one. This behaviour is the same as before.

Gérald

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed May 14, 2014 12:06 pm

bdd wrote:
rruiz wrote:
mediavets wrote:I could not move a normal Point hotspot.

To move a spot, you have to select the icon correponding to the spot type.
If you selected the "move" icon, you can move the panorama, not the spot.

The hotspot editor did not change between the 1.8 version and this one. This behaviour is the same as before.

Gérald

I guess I'd forgotten how to do it.

I tried using the Select icon to select the hotspot I wished to move by dragging it after selecting.

That seems an intuitive approach

Note it's named 'Select' not 'Move'.

The method that works seems quite counter-intuitive to me.
Attachments
1-ptp21-move-hotspot.jpg

no avatar
rruiz

by rruiz » Sat May 17, 2014 11:52 am

Guys thanks.
We have to move within the hotspot editor and not with the select tool. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat May 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Any of the features in the Spot Editor can be edited after placement, as long as you select the relevant feature first.. So if you need to move a hotspot, you first select the hotspot.. Then you can drag it or right mouse to remove.. If you need to move the points on the Polygon, you first select the Polygon then you can move the node on the Polygon.. Same with the other features, Picture, Video and Sound....

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat May 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Destiny wrote:Any of the features in the Spot Editor can be edited after placement, as long as you select the relevant feature first.. So if you need to move a hotspot, you first select the hotspot.. Then you can drag it or right mouse to remove.. If you need to move the points on the Polygon, you first select the Polygon then you can move the node on the Polygon.. Same with the other features, Picture, Video and Sound....

Destiny..

Yes, so what's the point of the Select icon?

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat May 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Thats to side the entire pano left to right to change the position.. In case you might want to draw a polygon, picture or video that goes over the ends...

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat May 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Destiny wrote:Thats to side the entire pano left to right to change the position.. In case you might want to draw a polygon, picture or video that goes over the ends...

Destiny..

Should in be named something other than 'Select' then?

You can use it to select a hotspot but having selected the hotspot you cannot drag it...that's counter-intuitive (for me anyway).

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat May 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Emm... Never thought about it.. If a TV was half on the right and half on the left, I have just dragged it over, drawn the polygon then dragged it back.. Really hang tool.. Perhaps call it the Pan tool.

Destiny..

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8