Tour loads too slowly  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Dizzy View

Tour loads too slowly

by Dizzy View » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:38 am

I have created several virtual tours for a client in Panotour 1.8 and they load fine if viewed on an iPad but extremely slowly if viewed in a web browser on Mac or PC. There are only 5 panoramas in the tour, plus floor plan navigation but it takes over 3 minutes to load no matter how fast the internet connection is.
Here is a link to the tour: http://www.arv.org.au/virtual-tours/ebbs-lane/

They were created with Mobile devices Tour selected but Standard Tour wasn't. Should I be checking both boxes? Should I advise my client to link the HTML5 and Flash versions for faster loading?

I had Partial Panorama Width at 2500
Cutting Size 1024
Max Preview Size 800
Jpeg Quality 9
Auto Rotation Delay 1 second
Speed 2

I really can't work out why its taking so long to load. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Tour loads too slowly

by mediavets » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Dizzy View wrote:I have created several virtual tours for a client in Panotour 1.8 and they load fine if viewed on an iPad but extremely slowly if viewed in a web browser on Mac or PC. There are only 5 panoramas in the tour, plus floor plan navigation but it takes over 3 minutes to load no matter how fast the internet connection is.
Here is a link to the tour: http://www.arv.org.au/virtual-tours/ebbs-lane/

The tour loads quite quickly for me here in the UK on a relatively low bandwidth ADSL Net connection (about 2Mbps). A Flash version of the tour is displayed when I view with Firefox 27.0.1 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

When do you consider loading to be 'done' when measuring load time?

They were created with Mobile devices Tour selected but Standard Tour wasn't. Should I be checking both boxes?

Yes. Check both boxes.
Should I advise my client to link the HTML5 and Flash versions for faster loading?
What do you mean?

If you select one of the HTML template options and access the tour via that HTML file then a script is invoked to determine which version of the tour should be loaded depending on the detected browser user-agent.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8