Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: FtpUpload Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:04 am 

when uploading via ftp if the folder is not present already the software gets stuck and have to restart the upload process. i.e. if the directory is not present it creates a directory but doesnt upload the files and get stuck at the check directory stage... when you cancel the upload and start again it checks the directory is there and then just uploads the files need help :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 am 

adnanmateen1 wrote:
when uploading via ftp if the folder is not present already the software gets stuck and have to restart the upload process. i.e. if the directory is not present it creates a directory but doesnt upload the files and get stuck at the check directory stage... when you cancel the upload and start again it checks the directory is there and then just uploads the files need help :|

Welcome to the forum...

Why not use a separate FTP client?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:46 pm 

Its not an option. because i am not the one uploading the tours. its one of my clients and he wants to use Panatour Pro. i really need help with this. please can you suggest a fix. if there is none. even then is fine but i need to be sure to raise the issue to my client that it cannot be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:47 pm 

and thanx for the welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:36 pm 

I had this problem before and a gent helped me here with it but now i lost the notes he was very helpful !

I have a tour that works with no problems and now want to up load it via FTP Filezilla

What is the best way to save 'name' my tour when rendering ? so when I up load it works right off the get go

this is a preview tour just to test the upload process http://virtualphotoservices.com/ChapmanRd/ChapmanRd.html

Do I need to index the tour in another directory called 'index' also?

I had been told to use index at the end of my file name also could anyone shed light on that

Thank you Tom Jelen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:55 pm 

Tom,

If you put each tour into a separate folder/directory when building it, and then upload each tour to separate directory/folder on your web server then you can just rename the HTML file to index.html - before or after uploading it - regarecdlss of the 'save' name of your tour, and most web servers are configured so that if you enter the URL to the folder/directory it will automatically load the index.html file to start the tour.

Is that the information you wanted?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:33 pm 

so I need to upload the tour 'all the files' as I understand into the 'public_html' in the 'chapmanRd folder' and then also to the 'index' folder as chapmanRd.htm file for it to work ?

The program renders to file as '/Users/tomjelen/Desktop/Chapman Rd Horsefarm/build/virtualtour.swf" then I can change the name to what ever I want before I upload it so I can keep all the folders separate online on the server.

I hope thats it? but need the files in the 'index' and the 'public_html'

Thank you Tj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:00 pm 

tomjelen wrote:
so I need to upload the tour 'all the files' as I understand into the 'public_html' in the 'chapmanRd folder' and then also to the 'index' folder as chapmanRd.htm file for it to work ?

The program renders to file as '/Users/tomjelen/Desktop/Chapman Rd Horsefarm/build/virtualtour.swf" then I can change the name to what ever I want before I upload it so I can keep all the folders separate online on the server.

If you use the Build tour as ... option you can name the tour whatever you wish and place it in whatever folder you wish, I recommend you create a new target folder for each tour.

Then upload the entire folder to your web server within public_html.

Then within each tour folder rename the HTML file as index.html and you are done.

Does that make sense to you?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.