From Windows to Mac?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Baldev

From Windows to Mac?

by Baldev » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

HI

I created quite a big tour with about 15 panoramas. Now I have to work on it in another office where they have only macs.

So can I somehow export from my Autopano Giga for windows to Autopano pro for mac ??? Or do I have to do the whole tour again on the "Mac Software" ???

THanks already

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Baldev wrote:HI

I created quite a big tour with about 15 panoramas. Now I have to work on it in another office where they have only macs.

So can I somehow export from my Autopano Giga for windows to Autopano pro for mac ??? Or do I have to do the whole tour again on the "Mac Software" ???

THanks already

Yes. You can edit tours made with PTP on Macs in PTP on PCs and vice versa. Take care using the same version of the application . . ;-)

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Baldev

by Baldev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi

But I used Autopano Giga(windows) before and in the other place they have only autopano pro(mac). Does this work?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:06 pm

All our software exists in all versions for all platforms. Just use your windows key on the mac version and it will work.

no avatar
Baldev

by Baldev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Jeah ok. But I cant open the panotour file, which I created on the windows computer, on the mac computer. Or maybe Im just to stupid, because I never worked really with mac?! So is this possible?

And as I understand has the key nothing to do with mac or windows? Right?

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Baldev wrote:Jeah ok. But I cant open the panotour file, which I created on the windows computer, on the mac computer. Or maybe Im just to stupid, because I never worked really with mac?! So is this possible?

And as I understand has the key nothing to do with mac or windows? Right?

yes & no.

yes... you can use your license bought for Windows on a mac too. install the binary from downlaod section and than use your key.
no... if you wanna open a Project created on one platform on the other one you've to take care on all paths of your drives and Folders used on both platforms.
Windows paths are like C:\foldername\subfoldername\myhtml.html on macs it is rather than working with Linux like /users/myuser/myfolder/mysubolder/myhtml.html...

so jsut open your saved Project file (ist plain XML you can open with any Texteditor capable to open ASCII text....) and adopt the paths...
Georg

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8