Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm 

I have a registered version of Panotour Pro and would like to embed the .swf file on a website. The tour was built with desktop and mobile device options with xml embedding option unchecked.

The .swf file sits in the same folder as the .xml, .html, krpanoiphone.js, krpanoiphonelicense.js, a folder named swfobject (generated by Panotour Pro) that contains swfkrpano.js and the _prodata folder.

When I attempt to view the panorama in the browser I receive this error:

FATAL: .../images/pano.xml - loading error (IO Error)

There is no "images" folder in the path I have selected, so I don't know where this is coming from.

When I disable plug-ins to view the html5 version, I receive an error stating that Flash player is required.

When I initially created these tours on PanoTour (not pro) I was able to embed the .swf without any issues. I have upgraded to Pro in order to create panoramas that work on mobile devices in addition to desktop computers.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm 

Welcome to the forum...

Can we have the URL for the tour that's generating the error message?

To ensure you have uploaded all the file required for tour, use the Build as...option and build the tour into a new folder then upload all the contents of that folder to your Web server maintaining the file and folder stutcure.

For the relevant version of a tour to be loaded on the viewing platform you must access the tour via the HTML file created when you build the tour, or customised version of it that retains its functionality.

The HTML file invokes a script that detects the browser user-agent and if the browser user-agent is asociated with an iDevice it loads the HTML5 version of the tour, in all other cases it attempts to load the Flash version of the tour.

The HTML5 versions of tours created with PTP 1.8 x are designed solely for iDevices.

PTP 1.8 incorporates the krpano 1.0.8.14 Flash and HML/javascript (HTML5) panorama Viewers.

The most recent version of krpano (1.16) offers more extensive support for HTML5 on wider range of platforms.

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=45020#post45020

PTP 2.x which Kolor will demonstate publicly for the first time in June at the IVRPA meeting in Iceland will incorporate the latest version of krpano.

http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2013/04/11/kolor-panotour-pro-2-0-prepare-for-the-next-generation-virtual-tours/

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 pm 

OwensAG wrote:
When I disable plug-ins to view the html5 version, I receive an error stating that Flash player is required.

The only way (that I know of) to view the HTML5 version of a tour created with PTP 1.8 on a non-iDevice - for example on a Window PC - is to view the tour via the HTML file using the Safari browser with the user-agent set to that of an iDevice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 pm 

Hello,
Thanks so much for your help. Addressing the .html file did indeed help.

The panorama is now working as it should on the desktop (invoking the .swf file). While the panorama now appears on mobile devices, the resolution is reduced and the zoom function is very limited. Do you have suggestions of how to achieve the full zoom functionality of the desktop version? The panorama is very simple--no hotspots and zoom is set to image resolution.

The panorama can be viewed here:
http://www.mta.ca/owens/360/kaeli-cook.html

Thanks again,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm 

OwensAG wrote:
Hello,
Thanks so much for your help. Addressing the .html file did indeed help.

The panorama is now working as it should on the desktop (invoking the .swf file). While the panorama now appears on mobile devices, the resolution is reduced and the zoom function is very limited. Do you have suggestions of how to achieve the full zoom functionality of the desktop version?

The panorama can be viewed here:
http://www.mta.ca/owens/360/kaeli-cook.html

The panorama is very simple--no hotspots and zoom is set to image resolution.

I am sorry but hardware limitations of iDevices and other mobile deviecs do not yet permit the krpano HTML5 Panorama Viewer to support multi resolution tiling which would provide the deep zoom capability you seek.

So when tours are viewed by iDevices a set of lower resolution cube faces (created automatically when the tour is built with mobile-comaptiblity option selected) compatible with the capabilities of the device are displayed, which means much lower resoluton and little zoom.

If you wish to take a different approach look at this - it even worked quite well on my lowly ancient Nokia N810 Internet Tablet:

http://www.bigmike.it/gigapx2pano/

I believe that Gigapan.org claims that panoramas displayed there can now be viewed with mobile devices too, I've yet to test that claim:

http://www.gigapan.com

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm 

That explains it. Thanks for the link to "big mike"--it's always useful to have an alternative if need be.

Gigapan.org does work on iDevices. I wish though, that it had more scope for embed and interface customizations like those offered by Panotour Pro.

Thanks for all your time.