Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm 

First of all Hello to everybody as it's my first post.

I'm a photographer based in Dublin Ireland. Recently I have started to do spherical panoramas which looks like a good fun :) At the moment I'm facing a problem with krpano tools which I cant solve on my own.

After dragging and dropping a panorama on a most of droplets I'm getting an error "is not recognized as an internal or external command".

Please see attached below. I'm on windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I'm using last tools 1.0.8.15. Few days ago everything was working perfect but now, whatever I do it doesn't.

Any help much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm 

Hi Leo (?)!

Better post it in the KRPano-Forum: http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=1

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm 

Thnx. I have tried to register over there for last few days but with no luck. I have also sent them an email asking why I cnt register and now I'm waiting for a reply ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:14 pm 

LeoNeon wrote:
Thnx. I have tried to register over there for last few days but with no luck. I have also sent them an email asking why I cnt register and now I'm waiting for a reply ...

you can visit the forum without being registeted afaik.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm 

Sure, I was looking there for a solution for my problem but with no luck. Anyway my registration was just approved so I will ask there as well.

Thnx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm 

in your screenshots I see you use Mac as OS but the paths shown in the krpano Windows are Windows specific.
Did you download & use the Windows package or the Mac one?

the mac package contains "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.app" you use a "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.bat" which is for Windows and I doubt it works with parallels and others under Mac...
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:34 pm 

:) It's just an aero theme, system is windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as I have mentioned. Thanks but that's not this. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out this, I will post a solution if I find it, maybe somebody one day will need this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm 

LeoNeon wrote:
:) It's just an aero theme, system is windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as I have mentioned. Thanks but that's not this. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out this, I will post a solution if I find it, maybe somebody one day will need this.

uups. ok. I've overlooked...

in krpano Forum I find your error message one time:
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1377&highlight=is+not+recognized+as+an+internal+or+external+command#post1377
worth a try... retest it with same Image but take case that NO spaces are in the involed paths...
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm 

I have already seen this topic. It doesn't help. I will ask on that forum as my registration finally has been approved. Fingers crossed, I seriously don't wont to reinstall windows, hopefully there is other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm 

LeoNeon wrote:
I have already seen this topic. It doesn't help. I will ask on that forum as my registration finally has been approved. Fingers crossed, I seriously don't wont to reinstall windows, hopefully there is other way.

ok... final Q: did you also fix the spaces in the Image path AND in the krpano Tools path? (in your second Image are many spaces in the krpano Tools path...)
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 pm 

that's how my path looks at the moment:

C:\Program Files(x86)\ActiveStateKomodoIDE7\;C:\Program Files(x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\C:\windows\system32;C:\windows\;

It doesn't point to the krpano tools as they are on a different drive. As far as I'm concern it doesn't have to. On my other computer it looks quite the same and it works. Regards to the image path, could explain what do you have on your mind? It doesn't work even if a image and droplet is in the same folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 am 

LeoNeon wrote:
that's how my path looks at the moment:

C:\Program Files(x86)\ActiveStateKomodoIDE7\;C:\Program Files(x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\C:\windows\system32;C:\windows\;

It doesn't point to the krpano tools as they are on a different drive. As far as I'm concern it doesn't have to. On my other computer it looks quite the same and it works. Regards to the image path, could explain what do you have on your mind? It doesn't work even if a image and droplet is in the same folder.

ok. one more guess. sorry to play micado...
I did search for the error message and found:
http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/
i would not try to correct the variables in your case.
I would download the krpano package to a seperate new Directory and would give it a try. Maybe some env.variables got modified on your "mac" Win7 PC...
Klaus from krpano Forum will be without doubt better place for finding a solution. So when your account is active...

your error message in the screenshot: there is a // inside the path before the executable... shouldnt it be only one /

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm 

All right. Regards to Klaus you were right for sure :)

The fix is adding to the PATHTEXT extension .EXE I steel don't know what have removed it from there but now it works fine.

Thnx everybody for trying to help me.