Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm 

Hi i take a 360, but the client want to hide some buildings for example make a horizontal 330º and vertical 180º I try but the actions happens on other section of the 360º how can i do thanks. exactly over the buildings that i need to hide.
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 pm 

Use the Vanishing point tool in the Panorama editor in APG to move the center of the pano where you wish then use the Crop tool to reduce the HFOV to 330.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 pm 

Air Photo Colombia wrote:
Hi i take a 360, but the client want to hide some buildings for example make a horizontal 330º and vertical 180º I try but the actions happens on other section of the 360º how can i do thanks. exactly over the buildings that i need to hide.
thanks.

reducing from 360 to 330....than the sphere is no longer a sphere, you cant create a tour, only a "flat" panoimage.
hiding objects is only possible when the part that should be removed is covered by several Images which are overlapping, min. one of them without the object...etc. this can be handled with the masking tool. but only usabel for small moving objects like cars, People, etc.
static objects like houses: render your pano, use krpano Tools or panotour 1.8 to create cubefiles from your pano and use masking algorithms provides by photoshop or other Software

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
thanks.

reducing from 360 to 330....than the sphere is no longer a sphere, you cant create a tour, only a "flat" panoimage.

Nonsense - of course you can use an image with a spherical projection with a pano FOV of less than 360 HFOV - just set the Field of view values correctly in PTP - or let it happen automatically from the Kolor EXIF tag if that hasn't been stripped by pre-processing before input to PTP.

You can also Crop an image with a 360 HFOV to limit the viewable HFOV in PTP; the trick is to temporarilyreduce the HFOV value to 2359 the apply the Crop too, then set the HFOV back to 360.

OTOH IF you wish to create iDevice compatible tours the the HFOV of the input image has to be 360, but I think teh Crop 'trick' still works?

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm 

Some one try whit this, remove the building but have the tour on 180º vertical. just for example. i find a way, but is long way.
don`t remove just block the 2 directions, we don't want to see the building.

Last edited by Air Photo Colombia on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 pm 

mediavets wrote:
gkaefer wrote:
thanks.

Nonsense - of course you can use an image with a spherical projection with a pano FOV of less than 360 HFOV - just set the Field of view values correctly in PTP - or let it happen automatically from the Kolor EXIF tag if that hasn't been stripped by pre-processing before input to PTP.

You can also Crop an image with a 360 HFOV to limit the viewable HFOV in PTP; the trick is to temporarilyreduce the HFOV value to 2359 the apply the Crop too, then set the HFOV back to 360.

OTOH IF you wish to create iDevice compatible tours the the HFOV of the input image has to be 360, but I think teh Crop 'trick' still works?

I say, that if you crop 30" from a 360" full spherical Image you cant Close the sphere using panotour.
thats fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
I say, that if you crop 30" from a 360" full spherical Image you cant Close the sphere using panotour.
thats fact.

True but you don't have to select a planar projection which was what you implied - at least that's how I 'interpreted' what you wrote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:01 pm 

mediavets wrote:
gkaefer wrote:
thats fact.

True but you don't have to select a planar projection which was what you implied - at least that's how I 'interpreted' what you wrote.

my wrong writing, sorry. with "flat" Image I wanted to express that the resulting Image cant be used for a tour with (full)spherical Image.

if I look at the Panorama attached... I've no other solution in mind than postprocessing/retouching to erase the buildings. Because the "skyscraper" is near the horizontal line you could try erasing it without converting it to cube files. the base can be retouched with grass area and the building with a tree area... but the trick will be to create invisible seems/joining areas.

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 pm 

Thanks i solve my problem whit other solution, i open my Autopano Giga, and move the building on a different position on the flat image, then use the panotour pro an ready. here is the example from the new image.

wow is a different photo but the concept is the same.

Last edited by Air Photo Colombia on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.