Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm 

Hi,

I am new in PTP use. In my first project I added panotour map. It worked fine and google map opened instantly in Hotspot Editor. I added two hotspots on the map to mark locations of panoramas. Then I entered an API key to be able to see the google map and saved the project. After saving the project program crashed when I tried to click on the map - the Loading map progress bar stoped at 50 % and program stopped to respond. I restarted computer and program still crahed when I click on Panotour Map, sometimes progress bar stops at 50%, sometimes no progress bar is displayed. I reinstalled PTP but problem is the same. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks
zm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm 

welcome to forum...

the API key you did use... which version is it?
panotour 1.8 only accepts google flash api v2 and is since several months no longer available to aquire from Google.
the html5 based v3 API from google will be available with panotour 2.0 which is coming (hopefully January 2013)...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am 

Thank you Georg for response.

I put v3 API key there. But today I found old API key and I put it to a new project. Before touching a map I saved the project, however the behavior of PTP is the same. It crashed when I clicked on the map and it is not responding any more.

Can it be related to communication with Adobe Flash? I use Windows 7 64-bit system and Flash version is 11.4.402.287
Are there any logs I could look at to see what is the problem?

What I can do to make PTP usable on my computer again?

Thanks,
zm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 am 

Hi,

I uninstalled PTP 1.8 and updated Adobe Flash. Next I cleaned registry and I installed again PTP but this time 32-bit version (I have Win 7 64-bit OS). I run PTP and this time it worked. I created very simple project with one pano and OSM map. It is uploaded to:
http://iga.vot.pl/virtualtour_blok.swf
I closed PTP. When I opened the project again to start improving it the problem occured again: Loading map stops at 50% like on the image below and program is not responding. It seems that progress of loading of the map stucks at 50% due to some display issues.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
zm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm 

if you've a 64bit OS, I never would use the 32bit ptp...
you write you found a v2API key for Google maps... but you than say you tested it with OSM...

in ptp 1.8 hotspot editor google maps is always displayed and it makes no difference which map provider you selected on project properties tab under panotour maps.

so on my test it stays about a fraction of a second at the same 50% level before going to 100% and displaying google maps.

I do not believe its ptpt installation nore Flash...
can you check your firewall... maybe this internet access to google is not allowed. start ptp with admin rights to check the same from another point of view...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am 

It crashes both 32 and 64-bits versions. It works fine only after reinstalation. When I open ptp second time Panotour map stucks on 50 %. What can be wrong? Configuration of my system? Which settings shall I check? Google Maps works fine in all browsers on my computer. I have not any problem with display of Flash.

I am wondering what stops loading map at 50%. And why it does not crash on freshly installed software?

Georg -, I checked it on Admin account and my firewall does not stop any traffic with google.

zm