Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 pm 

Using APG3b3 to stitch 6 FE images together.

Initial stitch comes up with some links and then I go over each pair of images to increase the number of RMS<5.0 links to get a better, overall RMS.

What I am finding with one pano is that when I use "Add auto control points", "Quick optimisation", "clean bad control ponts" (<5.0), "full optimisation". I do this for each of links between images. i.e. one linking image 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 .... 6 to 1 etc.

What I am seeing that in 3b3 is that where I have previously had a good set of control points between two images, when working on another pailr and using the above workflow, those previously good links are either then losing ALL of these good control points or they are changing to +10 or +20 RMS control points when full optimisation is run!?!

Tried same set of images in 2.6.3 and have no issues with this.

Having trouble to replicate to show screen shots as when I encounter it, reverse the change to take the before screen shot and re-do it doesn't replicate!!??!

I'll carry on trying to catch it but any thoughts or unique to myself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm 

Found an example.

First image I am linking images 1 & 2 together by auto-adding further control points. Quick optimisation gives the following good CPs. Then auto removed >5.0 RMS CPs. As you can just see, Img 4 is linked to 3 & 5 in the CP editor window.

Second image shows Img 4 with what CP's are linked.

Third image is after a full optimisation. as you can see Img 4 now has had all CPs deleted!!??!! WTF!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm 

Another example.

Had patience and managed to get all 6 images linked together as the first screen shot shows. Number of CP between 2 and 3 was low so went back to add further CPs.

Used same process as above. Auto added CP to the upper part of the wardrobe door, quick optimised and auto removed >5.0 RMS CPs.

Screen shot at this moment shows that globals RMS is good at 2.95 and all 6 images are linked together.

So .... run a full optimisation as per before

.... and CP's between images 2-3 are then all removed apart from 1 CP
.... and previously good CPs for links between other image are also removed resulting in a mess

Not impressed. 2.6.3 runs this no problem at all

Is it my workflow? Is it the images? Not sure it is as they were showing as good links before fully optimising for the 1-2 linked images.

Last edited by UK Pano on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 am 

Hello,

I think you may check the optimizer settings. Here, you can change the optimizer stages. Please uncheck the 'Clean control points or links'.
It should preserve the links.

Regards,
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm 

Thanks Thomas. I'll give that a go and try again tonight.