"missing" hotspots on initial load  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
chrusion

"missing" hotspots on initial load

by chrusion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 pm

First time posting and I DID do a search of the forums, but came up empty...
I created my first pano tour using Panotour 1.8.0 consisting of 10 rooms of my house imported as cube faces, blah, blah, blah.
http://chrusion.com/build/tour.html
and built with both Standard and Mobile Device boxes checked.

After many unsuccessful attempts to get the tour to display in forced html5 mode in any html5 compliant browser (PC Win7 and iOS6 iP4s and iPad2... I'd just get an empty black or white screen), I replaced the Panotour supplied swfkrpano.js and krpanoiphone.js files with those in the standalone KRPano 1.0.8.15 zip. This made everything happy. Yay! I'm using this to embed (commented line is the original Panotour generated code) in order to test cross-device and cross-browser html5 compatibility (flash works just fine)...

Code: Select all
 embedpano({swf:"tour.swf", xml:"tour.xml", target:"panoDIV", html5:"always", passQueryParameters:true});
<!-- embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"tour.swf"}); -->

On to the real issue per the subject...

When the tour is viewed for the first time or when its html page is refreshed in any of the aforementioned browsers/devices, many of the hotspots fail to display in each pano. Luckily, most of the point hotspots linked to a pano DO display, but various hotspot rectangles filled with an image label or hotspot points with a popup image do not. Even though they do not show up, the ones that do something still work, if you know exactly where to click or touch (iOS). But here's the kicker. If you go to any other linked pano and then go BACK to the pano you just came from, THEN ALL the hotspots in the previous pano show up! Do this for all the panos in the tour, leave and come back, you finally get all the hotspots in each pano to appear.

What could be the cause of this behavior?
Dean A. Scott, mfa
Owner/Lead Artist,
chrusion | FX

no avatar
chrusion

by chrusion » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Really? None of those that actually viewed my tour site above bothered to respond with "Confirmed. Have no idea. Doesn't do it on my tour builds. Don't know how to help" or "Your tour loads fine for me. All hotspots (red direction arrows, green info buttons, and image labels) are visible in all panos for me. Don't know why not for you?"

Something, anything is better than silence.

Thanks.
Dean A. Scott, mfa
Owner/Lead Artist,
chrusion | FX

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello,

I looked at the generated xml files, and did not see any rectangle hotspots with an embedded image.

So It seems quite normal that I did not see any rectangle hotspots when looking at your tour.

In which room should we see such rectangle hotspot ?

Regards,
Gérald

no avatar
chrusion

by chrusion » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 pm

tour0.xml = Foyer, which has two rectangle hotspots filled with png images that get exported as spot01.png (coat closet) and spot02.png (half bath)...

<hotspot name="spot1" hview="-3.48" vview="30.16" fovview="61.47" hcenter="-1.57895" vcenter="4.15385" onclick="looktohotspot(get(name),get(view.fovmin),smooth(400,20,100));mainloadpano(tour2.xml);lookat(get(hview),get(vview),get(fovview));" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" crop="0|0|65|65" frame="0" lastframe="9" frameheight="65" framewidth="65" onloaded="set(stopSequence,false);animate(spot1,0.1);" onhover="showtext(Livingroom);" ath="-1.57895" atv="4.15385"/>
    <hotspot name="spot2" hview="167.61" vview="20.32" fovview="61.47" hcenter="18.1579" vcenter="-29.8681" onclick="looktohotspot(get(name),get(view.fovmin),smooth(400,20,100));mainloadpano(tour6.xml);lookat(get(hview),get(vview),get(fovview));" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" crop="0|0|65|65" frame="0" lastframe="9" frameheight="65" framewidth="65" onloaded="set(stopSequence,false);animate(spot2,0.1);" onhover="showtext(Second Floor Hall);" ath="18.1579" atv="-29.8681"/>

tour02.xml = Livingroom, which has one popup image (object1.png) attached to point HS (spot4.png)...

<hotspot name="spot13" onclick="closeallobjects();set(plugin[spot13object].visible,true);tween(plugin[spot13object].alpha, 1);" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot4.png" onhover="showtext(Size: 16' 6" x 13' 2" | Area: 217 sq ft);" ath="-13.3896" atv="27.5"/>
    <plugin name="spot13object" visible="false" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/object1.png" align="center" alpha="0" onclick="closespot13object();"/>
    <action name="closespot13object">
        if(plugin[spot13object].visible,
        tween(plugin[spot13object].alpha, 0);
        delayedcall(0.5,set(plugin[spot13object].visible,false));
        );
    </action>

Below are two of the three rect. HS image labels...
    <hotspot name="spot16" handcursor="false" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot5.png" distorted="true" ath="6.3872" atv="12.2004" width="206" height="28" rx="11.7163" ry="-7.52549" rz="1.07658"/>
    <hotspot name="spot17" handcursor="false" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot6.png" distorted="true" ath="162.17" atv="1.94264" width="156" height="26" rx="0.788687" ry="12.7769" rz="-0.373101"/>

I wish Tourpano Pro had fields in the Hotspot Properties pane to NAME hotspots and fill objects rather than auto naming everything "spotXX."
Last edited by chrusion on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean A. Scott, mfa
Owner/Lead Artist,
chrusion | FX

no avatar
chrusion

by chrusion » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

The above is just a sample. Most rooms have similar treatments. Spot0.png is the red sequenced direction arrow common to all panos and is the only one "garanteed" to show on all panos. All the other SpotXX.png's are hit and miss. It appears all ObjectX.png (the room info popup images) appear on demand whether or not its associated green (i) point HS is visible or not.
Last edited by chrusion on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean A. Scott, mfa
Owner/Lead Artist,
chrusion | FX

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8