[PTP 1.8.0 Win7 x64] keep aspect ratio for thumbnails does not work  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
vklaffehn

[PTP 1.8.0 Win7 x64] keep aspect ratio for thumbnails does not work

by vklaffehn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi!

If I select the stacked thumbnail plugin and check the 'keep aspect ratio' box, i only can input a width (what's absolutely right), but all thumbnails seem to get their aspect ratio from the first image, so if i mix a 2:1 image with an 16:9, all thumbnails will displayer in 2:1.

MfG
V.Klaffehn

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm

In a thumbnail stack, all thumbnails will and must have same size.
The "keep aspect ratio" parameter allow you to set only the width and then the height is computed according to the size of all the panoramas thumbnails.
It is computed according to the greatest width and greatest height of all your panoramas.
So even if you have many panoramas with 16:9 ratio, if your equirectangulars are wider than the 16:9, then your thumbnails will have a 2:1 ratio.

no avatar
vklaffehn

by vklaffehn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi!
Thanks for the info, didn't know that. So if I have different panos with different spect ratios, I just have to use another thmbnail plugin :-)

http://vklaffehn.vk.funpic.de/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57:fjaerland-2012&catid=35:meine-panoramabilder&Itemid=53

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8