Maps fail when loaded to website  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
KyleR

Maps fail when loaded to website

by KyleR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I created a tour and it includes a map using my google API key. I updated Adobe's security key for my local and web address as "allow".
The local version works fine, but when I upload the contents from the "build" folder to my web page, then access the page with the URL I uploaded to, I get an error saying the initialtion failed for the map load and says to check the API key, etc. The tour finishes loading and everyting else seems to work fine, tour, sound, hotspots, etc. The only thing not working is the map.

I used a FTP program to upload the tour to my web site. Have I missed something?? :(

Kyle

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

KyleR wrote:I created a tour and it includes a map using my google API key. I updated Adobe's security key for my local and web address as "allow".
The local version works fine, but when I upload the contents from the "build" folder to my web page, then access the page with the URL I uploaded to, I get an error saying the initialtion failed for the map load and says to check the API key, etc. The tour finishes loading and everyting else seems to work fine, tour, sound, hotspots, etc. The only thing not working is the map.

I used a FTP program to upload the tour to my web site. Have I missed something?? :(

Kyle

Google Maps Flash API keys are domain specific and Google stopped issueing new Flash API keys quite along time ago (they are switching to a Javascript API which is not yet supported by krpano/PTP)..

So unless you already had a Flash API key for the host domains from long ago you can no longer use the Google Maps layer with the Panotour Maps feature in PTP.

Instead you should use the Bing maps layer with the Panotour Maps in PTP.

When you get your Bing key it can appear (from the imfo on the Web site) also to be domain specific but it isn't.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8