Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 am 

Looks like about 75 hours of work is trashed. This was several individual buildings. Each building was arranged nicely on the screen, and had numerous internal links. Opened the project to add a couple of more images. Totally, absolutely trashed. Wow. My neat groupings are now a can of spaghetti. The order has been scrambled. The tour is basically useless. Many images that had links - well, the links are missing or moved to the incorrect images. Some images have BEEN REPLACED WITH OTHER, DUPLICATED, images. Closed without saving. Opened it again - even worse this time.

Was Ver. 1.8 tested? Crashes, memory errors, trashed projects, lost settings.

Last edited by RickDrew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 am 

It appears that this project (http://www.add360.com/UrbexTour/virtualtour.html) would really benefit from many of the new features pre-announced for PTP V2.

How many different buildings/locations, and scenes within buildings/locations, do you plan to feature in this project? You mentioned 150+ scenes in another post, is that correct?

To make the project more manageable - especially with the current version of PTP, and your current hardware - both for you as developer and for those viewing it, might it be possible to make a separate tour for each building/location and then have another tour that links them all together?

Taking this approach I would then use the Map - rather than Panotour Maps - feature to offer a navigable plan of each buolding/location which included a link back to the 'top level' tour that linked all the buildings/locations.

With the current approach the Thumbnails stack is rather unweildy and you also end up with clusters of hotspots on your Panotour map.

Added to that you have hotspots within panos and a Panoramas List.

Far too many alternative navigation 'styles' in my opinion.

Anyway coming back to your original issue.

Is it just the graphical display that's screwed.

Are the hotspot links data values also altered?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 am 

Hi - yes, the links were altered and some removed entirely. My goal is to eventually have 200+ panos in this project!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 am 

RickDrew wrote:
Looks like about 75 hours of work is trashed. This was several individual buildings. Each building was arranged nicely on the screen, and had numerous internal links. Opened the project to add a couple of more images. Totally, absolutely trashed. Wow. My neat groupings are now a can of spaghetti. The order has been scrambled. The tour is basically useless. Many images that had links - well, the links are missing or moved to the incorrect images. Some images have BEEN REPLACED WITH OTHER, DUPLICATED, images. Closed without saving. Opened it again - even worse this time.

Was Ver. 1.8 tested? Crashes, memory errors, trashed projects, lost settings.

I´m using PTP for years now - never experienced a behavior like the one you described. So i have no idea what might have happened . . .
Regularly saving steps and changes is a must with every application. I never "lost" a saved tour.

What machine and system are you on?

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am 

klausesser wrote:
What machine and system are you on?

best, Klaus

See: http://www.kolor.com/forum/p102365-yesterday-10-14-03#p102365