Html5: PanoTourPro versus Pano2VR  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Francesco

Html5: PanoTourPro versus Pano2VR

by Francesco » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello 2 All,
PanoTour Pro is making panoramas in Flash and in html5, optimized for iPhone/iPad, working fine. Then why is a panorama not working in a Desktop Browser where Flash is not installed or deactivated?
Pano2VR also produces panoramas in Flash and html5. Here if in a Desktop Browser (like Safari, Chrome), Flash is deactivated the panorama still works?
So if html5 is becoming the new standard why exist these differences?

Francesco

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Francesco

As far as I am aware, ptp does not output in html5 format yet.. its coming... but a ptp pano will still work inside a html5 file..

Pano2VR does but when it comes to a comparison between Pano2VR and ptp, in my opinion there isn't one.. ptp is a far superior product.. I am sure ptp V2 will be even more powerful and I would imagine it to have the html5 format.

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Francesco

by Francesco » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello Destiny,

I have been looking and searching if it is mentioned in the previews off PanoTour Pro 2...but I can not find anything about html5 output. I think it is pretty much confusing because KRPano does support html5 and is integrated in PanoTour Pro. That is what I do not really understand. Apart from that: you are right that PTP is a very good product, especially the workflow is fabulous! The problem I see coming is: suppose PTP 2 is not supporting html5, then very soon it will become a big problem with all Android mobiles now that Adobe declares NOT to support Flash anymore for mobiles. What to do then?

Francesco

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Francesco wrote:Hello Destiny,

I have been looking and searching if it is mentioned in the previews off PanoTour Pro 2...but I can not find anything about html5 output. I think it is pretty much confusing because KRPano does support html5 and is integrated in PanoTour Pro. That is what I do not really understand. Apart from that: you are right that PTP is a very good product, especially the workflow is fabulous! The problem I see coming is: suppose PTP 2 is not supporting html5, then very soon it will become a big problem with all Android mobiles now that Adobe declares NOT to support Flash anymore for mobiles. What to do then?

Francesco

I feel that this focus on HTML5 is a meaningless conversation.

HTML5 is not yet standardised. So nothing can be compliant.

What we are really talking about is making VTs viewable on platforms that do not support Flash.

PTP already does that for i-Devices and there's no reason from a software standpoint to assume that Kolor/krpano won't be able to do it for Android platforms which do not have Flash.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Francesco

by Francesco » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello Mediavets,

ofcourse you are right: html5 and a non flash version of a pano, are 2 different things. But to say that thinking about html5 "possibilities" is a meaningless conversation, I do not agree. For my point off view it could be possible flash is running out, the first step is done by Adobe for mobiles. What if in a few months Adobe decides not to support flash anymore in general? For me it feels like a Damocles sword... Is this wrong to think about that?
Second thing: non flash version for PTP. As it is now it only supports iPhone/iPad (on html5 base), what about Desktops without Flash? Never heard from clients they can not see any panorama because flash is not installed or deactivated because of security reasons? Can we not at least talk here in this forum about these themes or is this Tabu? My point of view we need a bettar solution with PTP for a non flash version that covers not only I-Devices,

Francesco

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Francesco wrote:Hello Mediavets,

ofcourse you are right: html5 and a non flash version of a pano, are 2 different things.

So let's try and keep them separate in people's minds. There's enough confusion around this issue already.

But to say that thinking about html5 "possibilities" is a meaningless conversation, I do not agree. For my point off view it could be possible flash is running out, the first step is done by Adobe for mobiles. What if in a few months Adobe decides not to support flash anymore in general? For me it feels like a Damocles sword... Is this wrong to think about that?

Think about it all you like - I'd bet it won't happen any time soon. Why do you think Adobe would do that.

Second thing: non flash version for PTP. As it is now it only supports iPhone/iPad (on html5 base), what about Desktops without Flash? Never heard from clients they can not see any panorama because flash is not installed or deactivated because of security reasons? Can we not at least talk here in this forum about these themes or is this Tabu? My point of view we need a bettar solution with PTP for a non flash version that covers not only I-Devices,

Does anyone care what technology is involved so long as their VT authoring tools enable them to build tours that can be viewed easily on all major platforms?

Do you want to talk about HTML5 or do you want to talk about whether PTP will be able to build tours than can be viewed on all major platforms? It may not be the same thing for some time.

No-one can build anything that's compliant with HTML5 until HTML5 is formally standardised.

As I understand it currently there are both hardware and software limitations which mean it's not yet possible to build tours for non-Flash platforms with all the bells-and-whistles that can be provided using Flash on desktops and laptops.

As you know i-Device compatible versions of tours created with the current version PTP can not yet implement/deliver all the features supported for Flash-enabled platforms.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 pm

The awareness amongst our customers is rising about tablets. They realise people visit their website using tablets now. So their website including their tour should run on a tablet. Tablets are great for when not behind a desk and thats about 99% of the world.

For a while many just asked about iPad only and therefore we are glad we generate iPad compatible tours as a standard.
Now more and more are asking about Android so I ordered a cheap tablet running Android 4.0. On a phone running Android 2.0.3 was asking too much. So pretty soon I hope to generate tours that are iPad and Android 4.0 and higher compatible out of the box. That´s is enough for my customers. Also they are not interested in all kind of busy effects, that is not the idea of a virtual tour, the idea is just to show a location.

PTP does well so far and I hope they continue to serve me and my customers well for a long while.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 pm

HansKeesom wrote:The awareness amongst our customers is rising about tablets. They realise people visit their website using tablets now. So their website including their tour should run on a tablet. Tablets are great for when not behind a desk and thats about 99% of the world.

I don't disagree.

For a while many just asked about iPad only and therefore we are glad we generate iPad compatible tours as a standard. Now more and more are asking about Android so I ordered a cheap tablet running Android 4.0.

And do your PTP generated tours run on it?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Francesco wrote:Hello Destiny,

Francesco

PT/PTP are GUI front-end XML format command code generators for the krpano Flash and HTML/javascript Panorama Viewers. So PT/PTP create nothing that isn't supported by the Krpano Panorama Viewers.

On the other hand PT/PTP do not (currently) make every feature and functionality of the krpano Panorama Viewers available via their GUI front-ends.

Does krpano claim specifically to support HTML5? That seems unlikely because HTML5 is not yet a formal standard so it's hard to envisage how anything can claim to be compliant.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Francesco

by Francesco » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:50 pm

I think it is important to think about the future, for me it is important to offer products (VT) that function longer then 6 months, without the client having to pay extra for updates/upgrades.
1: about Flash, I personally like Flash very much no doubt about that. But as an internet consulter the theme is for some time now already, do not use flash (this is not my idea). So websites, shops, portals, videos, etc, made the switch to html5 and CSS3 or are thinking about doing this, this is the standard, (un)fortunatly. So and then all we can come up with for best possibilities to view panoramas and VT...is (mainly) flash?
2. Mobiles & Tablets: about 15% in different categories and business are using a mobile (tablet) today to visit a company website, shop, etc, say iPhone/iPad: 55% - Android 35% - rest 5%, (these figures are in general and my experience) these figures will be rising ofcourse for the future
3. For many years already in companies networks, flash is not installed and/or blokked because of security reasons, also here the numbers are rising (my experience today: 30%). How do you want to sell this to the manager to invest in a product that is based mainly on Flash, how do you imagine to do a professional prasentation of your VT?
4. Adobe is no longer supporting Flash for mobiles anymore (35% of the mobile users today (Android) will not be able to see the panoramas in Flash anymore, very soon)...what is next?

My point of view these are important facts one has to know if you want to do a serious (longtime) business. The main thing is not about extra possibilities which funktion in 1 version but in the other version not the same.
The main issue is Flash/non Flash...and I really hope PTP2 comes with a good possibility, can not wait...

Francesco

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Francesco wrote:I think it is important to think about the future, for me it is important to offer products (VT) that function longer then 6 months, without the client having to pay extra for updates/upgrades.
1: about Flash, I personally like Flash very much no doubt about that. But as an internet consulter the theme is for some time now already, do not use flash (this is not my idea).

And this despite the fact that there is no standard multi-browser compliant alternative. That's why that 'do not ever use Flash' idea is so foolish at this time. I think perhaps people were perhaps overly influenced by the anti-Flash crusade of the late megalomaniac Steve Jobs.

So websites, shops, portals, videos, etc, made the switch to html5 and CSS3 or are thinking about doing this, this is the standard, (un)fortunatly.

That's obviously nonsense because HTML5 is not yet formal standard - so it cannot be 'the standard' can it? I'm not saying it won't be. I'm saying it cannot be yet.

I don't know about you but I still see lots of major sites using Flash.

2. Mobiles & Tablets: about 15% in different categories and business are using a mobile (tablet) today to visit a company website, shop, etc, say iPhone/iPad: 55% - Android 35% - rest 5%, (these figures are in general and my experience) these figures will be rising of course for the future

Agreed.
3. For many years already in companies networks, flash is not installed and/or blokked because of security reasons, also here the numbers are rising (my experience today: 30%). How do you want to sell this to the manager to invest in a product that is based mainly on Flash, how do you imagine to do a professional prasentation of your VT?

Well you can't tell him you can provide an HTML5-compliant tour because there's no HTML5 standard to comply with.

As far as I know at present there's no single alternative to Flash that you can guarantee will work on any system - desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone regardless of harware, browser and operating sytem. Probably at present the best you can offer as a Flash alternative is to support various specific combinations of hardware, browser and operating system. Are the managers you sell to smart enough to understand the subtleties of that idea?

4. Adobe is no longer supporting Flash for mobiles anymore (35% of the mobile users today (Android) will not be able to see the panoramas in Flash anymore, very soon)...what is next?

I'd suggest non-Flash Android-compatible alternatives. Will you be able to guarantee that stuff will work on any Android system? I don't expect so. There is too much variation betwen Android-based platforms unlike the rigid control Apple is able to exert over the hardware and software of iOS products.

My point of view these are important facts one has to know if you want to do a serious (longtime) business. The main thing is not about extra possibilities which funktion in 1 version but in the other version not the same.
The main issue is Flash/non Flash...and I really hope PTP2 comes with a good possibility, can not wait...

Francesco

krpano already has the capbility to deliver different tour versions to different platforms - the challenge right now as I understand it is to be able to detect and identify the precise capabilities of the viewing platform (hardware and software) so as to be able to load the appropriate version.

I believe that krpano was the first to offer a Panorama Viewer for i-Devices and I see no reason why krpano (and Kolor) won't continue to innovate and lead the field.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Francesco wrote:I think it is important to think about the future, for me it is important to offer products (VT) that function longer then 6 months, without the client having to pay extra for updates/upgrades.
1: about Flash, I personally like Flash very much no doubt about that. But as an internet consulter the theme is for some time now already, do not use flash (this is not my idea). So websites, shops, portals, videos, etc, made the switch to html5 and CSS3 or are thinking about doing this, this is the standard, (un)fortunatly. So and then all we can come up with for best possibilities to view panoramas and VT...is (mainly) flash?
2. Mobiles & Tablets: about 15% in different categories and business are using a mobile (tablet) today to visit a company website, shop, etc, say iPhone/iPad: 55% - Android 35% - rest 5%, (these figures are in general and my experience) these figures will be rising ofcourse for the future

Francesco

ad 3... you never can guarantee to your customer that the tours can be viewed. Hey some customers insits on lynx browsers ;-) no serious: javascripts is also blcoked for securityreasons, many companies are blocking complete categories of websites based on packet inspection. emploes of companies have to work, not to view panoramas to plan their next holiday....
ad4... its true that flahs is no longer part of android base installation. so what a big deal. go to the google play and search for "Adobe Flash Player 11" and install it. yes it will no longer be updated. after 2 years the tablet owner will throw away its tablet to replace it with a new one. than maybe html5 will be a formal standard or not... if yes than all parties of the game will play the game and will offer html5 compliant code.

meanwhile you can create idevice compatible tours with panotour pro edit the code so its not limited to idevices but also includes flash devices. So your html5 (non) compliant code will run on idevice, on tablets and even on pc's with flash installed. they have not the complete features available so very simple dont use these feature, some because if using flash, some because of hardware limitations of the devices.
It will be hard even in 5 years to view embedded gigapixel tours on a tablet even if html5 compliant code would be used even if flash would be available on idevices.

and on september with the panotour v2 the cards will get reshuffled again...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Francesco

by Francesco » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:11 pm

OK, thanks all off you for your very valuable feedback on this, many things to think about! Eventhough I am still dreaming to get the best of both Worlds with PTP 2...

Francesco

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm

mediavets wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:The awareness amongst our customers is rising about tablets. They realise people visit their website using tablets now. So their website including their tour should run on a tablet. Tablets are great for when not behind a desk and thats about 99% of the world.

I don't disagree.

For a while many just asked about iPad only and therefore we are glad we generate iPad compatible tours as a standard. Now more and more are asking about Android so I ordered a cheap tablet running Android 4.0.

And do your PTP generated tours run on it?

On iPad we run them both with and without connection to the internet. The Android tablet is to arrive in a few days, hope to have good news shortly.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:19 pm

gkaefer wrote:..........

meanwhile you can create idevice compatible tours with panotour pro edit the code so its not limited to idevices .........................

Georg

Is there a comprehensive description of this so I can learn this trick. Or will PTP V2 solve this already..
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

gkaefer wrote:ad 3... you never can guarantee to your customer that the tours can be viewed. Hey some customers insits on lynx browsers ;-) no serious: javascripts is also blcoked for securityreasons, many companies are blocking complete categories of websites based on packet inspection. emploes of companies have to work, not to view panoramas to plan their next holiday....
Georg

That relatively brief period of freedom, creativity and productivity brought about by the availability of the PC finally quashed by the unimaginative authoritorian dead hand of corporate IT - if they could bring back the mainframe and dumb terminals they would be really happy. :rolleyes:
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 pm

mediavets wrote:And this despite the fact that there is no standard multi-browser compliant alternative. That's why that 'do not ever use Flash' idea is so foolish at this time. I think perhaps people were perhaps overly influenced by the anti-Flash crusade of the late megalomaniac Steve Jobs.

Well - Jobs just looked into the future. As usually. And he was damn right: Flash sucks battery- and processor-power like hell. Nobody would like an iPad running just two hours.
We tried a lot of Android tablets for finding a Flash running alternative to the iPad. NONE of them worked really well running our panos and tours as smooth and brilliant like on an iPad.
Android-tablets most likely will go the way all "compatible" devices always went: stuck in mediocracy and x different versions of OSes and hardware - most likely rarely compatible with each other.
My daughter bought an Android phone last November - in Febuary no update anymore. I bought my iPhone two years ago - still updates aside from Siri.

Providing clients with features that don´t run well for some longer time than one year isn´t clever at all . .

Apple´s decision to ban Flash from iDevices started efforts to work on alternatives. Would that have happen without the Flash-ban from iDevices?
I doubt . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:18 pm

klausesser wrote:Well - Jobs just looked into the future.

I think he would have preferred to say that he created the future.
As usually. And he was damn right.

He was also very good at making the world forget the instances when he was wrong. ;)

And he dragged Apple into the mass of patent lawsuits they are currently losing - presumably at vast expense but then they are awash with cash.

But the world is a far duller place without him.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:Well - Jobs just looked into the future.

I think he would have preferred to say that he created the future.

Well - that´s your words, Andrew . . ;):cool:

mediavets wrote:
As usual. And he was damn right.

He was also very good at making the world forget the instances when he was wrong. ;)

Right again . . . ah . . not quiet: don´t forget he once was fired by Apple . .

mediavets wrote:And he dragged Apple into the mass of patent lawsuits they are currently losing - presumably at vast expense but then they are awash with cash.

Seeing it a bit more nuanced: You see what´s going on these days in terms of lawsuits - every company *has to* to it, is dragged into it by international
behavior of competitors.
Apple by far didn´t start it. It´s getting more and more complex - and if you don´t start today . . tomorrow someone starts a lawsuit against you because of ridiculously reasons.

And to be honest: some copying of Apples design and functionality really is somewhat impertinent . .

Judges in USA recently refused to accept some idiotic lawsuits - hope that might be a sign of rationality. . .

USA-law is somewhat mad in (not only) that perspective i mean . . :D

mediavets wrote:But the world is a far duller place without him.

Yes - definitely.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
gkaefer wrote:..........

meanwhile you can create idevice compatible tours with panotour pro edit the code so its not limited to idevices .........................

Georg

Is there a comprehensive description of this so I can learn this trick. Or will PTP V2 solve this already..

comprehensive description: not really, but:
(and I really hope ptp 2 gives us also more comfort on this front ;-)

krpano does provide global variables like isipad, isflash, istablet, istouchdevice
http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#istablet
so you can use if statements to create some sort if branching to different xml files holding different code if ( istable==true ...

and direct inside the <plugin> statements (of the panotour templates e.g.) you can add statements of "devices=xxx" to create more than one identical plugin, one for idevices, one for tablets one for touchscreens
http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin.devices

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi.. Woke up from the land of ZZZZZZ in the land down-under, soooo cold... !!

Nice chat... So, Steve Jobs walks into Xerox during the humble beginnings of computer tech and sees the potential in Graphics and a bright vision for the future of Apple.. but he almost failed since he was often wrong about many things.. Bill Gates also walks into Xerox and see's huge potential in his visual for a Windows operating systems... So, after he conned and bull-dusted to IBM and borrowed the DOS operating system for a packet of peanuts, he too went on his merry way... But at least he probably won't go to purgatory since he does do good things with his gaziillions unlike his partner in crime who just takes...

Things have certainly come a long way since those early days.. I feel at the moment we are at a crossroads with "STUFF".. The thing is about html5, its been around for years in many forms such as html4 but no one called it that.. It was known as XHTML, which is just html with javascript. I really cannot see html5 taking off in the broader sense for years to come.. I really cannot see Flash die off for many years to come either although in time it will be gone.. Adobe have just released CS6, so if I were to buy it I would be really peed off if it only had a shelf life of a couple of years.. Just imagine the billions of flash web sites and swf content out there., its mind blowing.. its everywhere..

Nope, I don't think html5 will come into our lives like a mighty nimbus, and even when its does come in and more embedded into software apps, it will probably fizzle in slowly since no one actually owns it.. Therefore, I feel that the all new One ALL New Made For All software platforms, PC, Mac, iDevices will be a new thing altogether.. I personally am not phased about html5 or anything to do with it.. I think it will be a bit of a here today gone tomorrow. And to be honest, I am a bit over the need to have it, since its seem to be work in progress and will be for many years to come... If you really want it.. then its there already... you just have to learn Javascript/html coding..

The way technology is going, battery and processor power and the need for iPads to be aware of software like swf will not be an issue.. My vision of the future would be a kind of Super Flash software app which might or might not be made by Adobe, designed from the ground up capable of doing all that Flash does and more. Don't forget, Action Script 3 is as powerful if not more, than JavaScript.

So in a nutshell Francesco, forget about html5... As long as the content works in both PC, Mac and iDevices, who cares.. In saying that, I think there will be an option in ptp to save with html5 support. But I also think ptp 2 will have many other options too.. I wouldn't worry about iPad too much either.. I think their days of dominating the market are numbered, their market share will be reduced by Other New Technologies, its the way of things.

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you George,

At the moment I create one tour for all devices. However this problably gives a bit reduced experience on a normal computer. Also I might need to do some coding to get things running for the Android.
Of course, PTP could be a bit more forthcoming in this regard, simple options to simplify day to day productions.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
Francesco

by Francesco » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 pm

So, ok it is not possible anymore to answer all of you individual...I think there is also no need, it is great as it is. Many insights, themes, point of views are spoken! I think it is really great, love it and learning! Hey we are creating no?
Let us just do that. Let us push some buttons at Kolor.com in a possitive way!
Another thing I wanted to mention...just as an idea: Imagine Kolor.com is infact able to bring software on the market that is really mind blowing ALL of us...not possible? It is for sure a matter of Budget! That is my point: is it really realistic to expect a software with such capacity and possibilities we all are happy and extatic with for many months, years...for the price they are offering it right now on the market? Let us be honest it is a price catogory NOT for professionals, one can not really say it is a huge investment compared to what you make with it. So why not challence Kolor.com and confront them that we expect something revolutionary from them, soon,...let us get them to produce a really professional software! Today it is the time to do exactly that...I feel.
(ok, it is sunday, I am on a holiday and yes I had my aperitiv...that is why i feel inspired alive and kicking!)

Cheers, Francesco

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:06 pm

I've done some additional reading and to summarise it appears that in order to display panoramic images without Flash you need either WebGL or CSS 3D transforms.

Google has no plans to support WebGL and to date it seems that no version of Android has delivered a reliable implementation of CSS 3D transforms.

So the ball is in Google's court.

I wish I could feel confident that they'll get it sorted but Google seems (to me) to have long history of starting projects with great energy and enthusiasm but never completing them properly and often letting them fall by the wayside.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Francesco wrote:So, ok it is not possible anymore to answer all of you individual...I think there is also no need, it is great as it is. Many insights, themes, point of views are spoken! I think it is really great, love it and learning! Hey we are creating no?
Let us just do that. Let us push some buttons at Kolor.com in a possitive way!
Another thing I wanted to mention...just as an idea: Imagine Kolor.com is infact able to bring software on the market that is really mind blowing ALL of us...not possible? It is for sure a matter of Budget! That is my point: is it really realistic to expect a software with such capacity and possibilities we all are happy and extatic with for many months, years...for the price they are offering it right now on the market? Let us be honest it is a price catogory NOT for professionals, one can not really say it is a huge investment compared to what you make with it. So why not challence Kolor.com and confront them that we expect something revolutionary from them, soon,...let us get them to produce a really professional software! Today it is the time to do exactly that...I feel.
(ok, it is sunday, I am on a holiday and yes I had my aperitiv...that is why i feel inspired alive and kicking!)

Cheers, Francesco

Of course we already have PRO versions of the software APG and PTP.

Yes I would be willing to spent say 500 euro on a PROPRO version. But how many people would do so also and how many extra hours of programming and testing would this allow?

What is coming with the new PTP version is possibility of using more templates and more importantly addons. This will make PTP a platform for a lot of developments of third parties. I guess it is a bit like joomla with templates, components and plugins.

As PRO´s we will buy many of these plugins just to add extra value.

cheers,

Hans
Last edited by HansKeesom on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

Next

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8