Just purchased and have '' LICENSE ERROR''  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:ok let me explain everything again, just in case

I have Panotour Pro 1.8 on a Windows XP that is offline, here I make the tour

I have a Mac and it is online and also use it for making my first web site thru Dreamweaver and I upload it yhru FileZilla

I gues you have some reason for having both an offline Windows XP sustem and an online Mac.

Why on earth don't you use the Mac version of PTP on the Mac which has Net access?

How do you use Filezilla running on thn Mac to upload files from the Window XP system?

Ok, so I reread all that you wrote and I did everything as you told and paying very good attention.

Convince me. ;)

The tour that is know online is the ''test'' tour vith the Panotour Pro 1.8 Activated with the Licence

I created the folder thru FileZilla and put the tour there, total of 4 files, you can see the snapshot I posted here.

OK - so again I ask what is the URL to the HTML file? What is the name of the folder you created into which you uploaded the tour files?

I changed the settings of Flash as you showed me thru krpano website.

That relates to Flash security settings on the machine you use to view a tour locally/oflfine - if that's the Mac then change the Flash security settings on the Mac, if it's the Windows XP system then change the Flash security settings there.

It has nothing at all to do with the ability to view online tours.

I always could play the flash file and html on my Mac , even before having a license for the Panotour Pro

but sometimes I struggle in Dreamweaver because it doesent want to play it or shows errors or its playing it,

I seem to be failing to make myself clear - for the last time forget bl**dy Dreamweaver for now! Is that clear now?

but when I upload to the website NEVER WORKS.

So you say - again what is the URL for the HTML file created by PTP that you uploaded?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:12 pm

You want to be convinced!!!

my windows computer is 8 years old and is my backup computer where I store my stuff, It's Windows and I have only this computer. The internet doesnt work because I dont have the ethernet card installed(whatever the name)

The Mac is my mothers computer, sooooo I use a pendrive very quickly between the two to transfer the files. If I am succesfull I will return the Mac to my mother and buy A PC for me.

stop playing games with me with this kind of questions, because it apears that I paid a lot of money for this software so I can put a tour on my website.

So if I made a mistake withe folder tell me : the name is '' Vista360bns '' and the files are named ''test''

this is the url http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/bnsvirtual.html

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:17 pm

URL

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:19 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:You want to be convinced!!!

my windows computer is 8 years old and is my backup computer where I store my stuff, It's Windows and I have only this computer. The internet doesnt work because I dont have the ethernet card installed(whatever the name)

The Mac is my mothers computer, sooooo I use a pendrive very quickly between the two to transfer the files. If I am succesfull I will return the Mac to my mother and buy A PC for me.

stop playing games with me with this kind of questions, because it apears that I paid a lot of money for this software so I can put a tour on my website.

So if I made a mistake withe folder tell me : the name is '' Vista360bns '' and the files are named ''test''

He, hey . . .

You must use the application on the system you *installed* in on. Copying the app on a stick and use it on a different machines can´t work: you need to INSTALL the app on the other machine also.
APP/APG allows that. I also have it running on two machines (MacPro and MacBook Pro).

Of course you need to install the Win-version on PC and the Mac-version on Mac . . . :cool: (you can download both versions).

hope this helps, Klaus

P.S.: here´s a screeshot of the folder-structure i use in a folder on the server - name the folder as you like. here´s the link to the pano on my server:
http://www.360impressions.de/ArchivSchadowstrasse/

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:So if I made a mistake withe folder tell me : the name is '' Vista360bns '' and the files are named ''test''

No, that is not the URL.

The URL - based on the info you have just given me above - is http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/Vista360bns/test.html

And you will find that you can view the test tour with no error messages at this URL.

Like I said it is not 'rocket science'.

May I recommend that you use only lower case characters in file and folder names and no special characters.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:33 pm

'''''''He, hey . . .

You must use the application on the system you *installed* in on. Copying the app on a stick and use it on a different machines can´t work: you need to INSTALL the app on the other machine also.
APP/APG allows that. I also have it running on two machines (MacPro and MacBook Pro).

Of course you need to install the Win-version on PC and the Mac-version on Mac . . . :cool: (you can download both versions).

hope this helps, Klaus'''''

Hi , thanks for the info, but whatI do is I just copy the tour, the flash file, the html and the 2 folders that PanotourPro makes ( ¿is this what you mean?)

You think that the flash file cannot be uploaded thru FTP FileZilla on the mac to my website?? If this is the case , it's strange and I'm screwed because I will have to buy the new PC to be able to upload a simple folder of 4 files(.swf, .html, .js and the subfolther with the pictures)

I hope it's a misunderstanding

PS.. I dont have Kolor software on the Mac.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:I hope it's a misunderstanding

PS.. I dont have Kolor software on the Mac.

Sorry - i understood you put PTP on a stick and take it to another machine to work from.

But Andrew seems to have hit the problem - as usual :D:cool:

Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:You think that the flash file cannot be uploaded thru FTP FileZilla on the mac to my website??

Of course you can - why not. I use Fetch or Fugu or CyberDuck on my Mac - all work great.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:my windows computer is 8 years old and is my backup computer where I store my stuff, It's Windows and I have only this computer. The internet doesnt work because I dont have the ethernet card installed(whatever the name)

Stop playing games with me with this kind of questions...

I am not playing games I was trying to understand the nature of the problem you have experienced so I can help you.

As Klaus has explained Kolor is tolerant of their software being installed on two machines so long as you only use it on one at a time.

So, for now, you could download and install and register (with the same key) PTP on the Mac.

because it appears that I paid a lot of money for this software so I can put a tour on my website.

I think we have established that there is no problem with the PTP software and you can create and upload a tour and view it online.

Again, here it is: http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/Vista360bns/test.html

Now if you wish to integrate the tour with your Dreamweaver created pages then look closely at the code in the HTML file created by PTP and incorporate the relevant parts into your own page.

I can't really help you with that as I don't use Dreamweaver.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 pm

mediavets wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:So if I made a mistake withe folder tell me : the name is '' Vista360bns '' and the files are named ''test''

No, that is not the URL.

The URL - based on the info you have just given me above - is http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/Vista360bns/test.html

And you will find that you can view the test tour with no error messages at this URL.

Like I said it is not 'rocket science'.

May I recommend that you use only lower case characters in file and folder names and no special characters.

So it worked all this time... But what should I do, make a link from my website to this URL to watch it? It sounds logical. The thing I did and still doesnt work is the flash file on the first url I gave you. It's like I wanted the people to see it first in small size and then go to bigger.

Probably it's not rocket science for somebody who knows very good how this things work, but for me like a total begginer in web design and tour making it was difficult. With this you showed me that the tour works online!!
But it still doesnt work on the page I wanted it.

Need to work on this.

lower case characters ----> ok

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 pm

P.S.: here´s a screeshot of the folder-structure i use in a folder on the server - name the folder as you like. here´s the link to the pano on my server:
http://www.360impressions.de/ArchivSchadowstrasse/

Thanks Klaus

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm

mediavets wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:my windows computer is 8 years old and is my backup computer where I store my stuff, It's Windows and I have only this computer. The internet doesnt work because I dont have the ethernet card installed(whatever the name)

Stop playing games with me with this kind of questions...

I am not playing games I was trying to understand the nature of the problem you have experienced so I can help you.

As Klaus has explained Kolor is tolerant of their software being installed on two machines so long as you only use it on one at a time.

So, for now, you could download and install and register (with the same key) PTP on the Mac.

because it appears that I paid a lot of money for this software so I can put a tour on my website.

I think we have established that there is no problem with the PTP software and you can create and upload a tour and view it online.

Again, here it is: http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/Vista360bns/test.html

Now if you wish to integrate the tour with your Dreamweaver created pages then look closely at the code in the HTML file created by PTP and incorporate the relevant parts into your own page.

I can't really help you with that as I don't use Dreamweaver.

I dont like very much Dreamweaver, if you have a better option for making websites visualy as I dont know how to write code please tell me.

To stay on topic I want to add

Thanks to mediavets , klaus , and gkaefer for this help. we started at 19:24 and now is 00:56 so I think I like the support that this forum gives to their clients.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

fincafamiliar.com wrote:So it worked all this time...

Yes.

But what should I do, make a link from my website to this URL to watch it? It sounds logical.

You could do that for now.

The thing I did and still doesn't work is the flash file on the first url I gave you.

Try editing the page that was created by PTP in Dreamweaver to style the page to match others in your web site.

It contains code that makes the SWF work correctly.

Alternatively try cutting and pasting the code from the PTP generated HTML file into one of you basic styled pages.

I don't think just using Dreamweaver's basic WYSIWYG 'insert Flash' feature will work correctly.

It's like I wanted the people to see it first in small size and then go to bigger.

To see how this works then use the 'generic' HTML template option and not the 'fullpage' HTML template option when building a test tour.

Then look at the HTML code and spot the differences.

Probably it's not rocket science for somebody who knows very good how this things work, but for me like a total begginer in web design and tour making it was difficult. With this you showed me that the tour works online!!
Need to work on this.

Yes, and you will probably have to learn a little HTML - at least be able to 'read' and grasp basically what the code means - to be able to achieve what you want.

Dreamweaver is a pretty advanced Web page authoring tool for a beginner. Good luck, the learning curve is likely to be steep.

But I should stick with as it's the tool the pros favour so the learning will stand you in good stead.
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

klausesser wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:You think that the flash file cannot be uploaded thru FTP FileZilla on the mac to my website??

Of course you can - why not. I use Fetch or Fugu or CyberDuck on my Mac - all work great.

best, Klaus

Ok thanks , Will try them also.

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 am

mediavets wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:So it worked all this time...

Yes.

But what should I do, make a link from my website to this URL to watch it? It sounds logical.

You could do that for now.

The thing I did and still doesn't work is the flash file on the first url I gave you.

Try editing the page that was created by PTP in Dreamweaver to style the page to match others in your web site.

It contains code that makes the SWF work correctly.

Alternatively try cutting and pasting the code from the PTP generated HTML file into one of you basic styled pages.

I don't think just using Dreamweaver's basic WYSIWYG 'insert Flash' feature will work correctly.

It's like I wanted the people to see it first in small size and then go to bigger.

To see how this works then use the 'generic' HTML template option and not the 'fullpage' HTML template option when building a test tour.

Then look at the HTML code and spot the differences.

Need to work on this.

Yes, and you will probably have to learn a little HTML - at least be able to 'read' and grasp basically what the code means - to be able to achieve what you want.

Dreamweaver is a pretty advanced Web page authoring tool for a beginner. Good luck, the learning curve is likely to be steep.

But I should stick with as it's the tool the pros favour so the learning will stand you in good stead.

Great Advice's! Thanks again

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello again, after all this trouble I have uploaded my firs virtual tour on this page:

http://fincafamiliar.es/benissanet/bnsvirtual.html

Problem 1:

it moves in steps, not smooth

Problem 2:

when you press on the map each view, it opens it but with a message , this one:

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:Hello again, after all this trouble I have uploaded my firs virtual tour on this page:

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

Is "mapspot2" inside the Graphics folder? Is it named correctly? I don´t see any suffix!

best, Klaus

the folder-structure:

Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:Hello again, after all this trouble I have uploaded my firs virtual tour on this page:

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

This post seems to relate to your problem.

http://www.kolor.com/forum/f33-using-panotour-panotour-pro
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm

klausesser wrote:

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

Is "mapspot2" inside the Graphics folder? Is it named correctly? I don´t see any suffix!

best, Klaus

the folder-structure:

it's like this?

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

mediavets wrote:This post seems to relate to your problem.

sorry, the link you provided is showing a lot of posts. Should I look into one specificly?

Thanks

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:30 pm

klausesser wrote:

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

best, Klaus

the folder-structure:

OOOooopss, it is not named the same, but why?

I didn't change names.

everything works on the tour , its only ugly the warning message about this issue.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:

sorry, the link you provided is showing a lot of posts. Should I look into one specificly?

Thanks

Ooops - sorry, my mistake - here we are:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14416-panotour-pro-1.8-problem
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm

fincafamiliar.com wrote:
klausesser wrote:

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

best, Klaus

the folder-structure:

I didn't change names.

everything works on the tour , its only ugly the warning message about this issue.

Then: IS the spot in the correct folder? And DOES it have the correct sufix?

best, KLaus
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 pm

mediavets wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:

Thanks

Ooops - sorry, my mistake - here we are:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14416-panotour-pro-1.8-problem

I've been experimenting and it is as Gerald described in the psot mentioned above.

The problem arises because you created the tour with 1.7.x and are now working on it with 1.8 where changes were made 'under the hood' relating to transitions behaviours.

You can solve the problem by opening the project again in 1.8 and changing the map hotspot transition type to 'default' for all the map hotspots, the rebuild the tour and the problem will be solved.

Andrew Stephens

no avatar
fincafamiliar.com

by fincafamiliar.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 pm

klausesser wrote:
fincafamiliar.com wrote:
klausesser wrote:Is "mapspot2" inside the Graphics folder? Is it named correctly? I don´t see any suffix!

best, Klaus

the folder-structure:

I didn't change names.

Then: IS the spot in the correct folder? And DOES it have the correct sufix?

best, KLaus

The word sufix I don't know what it means in english.

PreviousNext

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8