Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am 

I just downloaded the trial versions of Panotour Pro 1.8 (x86 & x64).

With both versions it is impossible to create panoramas with separate xml-files. Only embedded swf-files are generated. I tried it in a 64bit environment (genuine Windows 7 Ultimate) as well as in a 32bit system (VM-Ware XP Pro System). The same effect with both machines.

Has anyone an idea, what is wrong)? I would just like to know, before I´m going to buy the software.

Thanks
wmp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 am 

wmp wrote:

With both versions it is impossible to create panoramas with separate xml-files. Only embedded swf-files are generated. I tried it in a 64bit environment (genuine Windows 7 Ultimate) as well as in a 32bit system (VM-Ware XP Pro System). The same effect with both machines.

Has anyone an idea, what is wrong)? I would just like to know, before I´m going to buy the software.

Thanks
wmp

The trial version does not permit you to export the XML files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 am 

Once you will register Panotour Pro, the XML files will be correctly exported.

This feature is disabled in the trial version of Panotour Pro .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 am 

wmp wrote:

Thanks
wmp

did a quick search on kolors homepage panotour product page. did not find all appropiate information.
I expect this is a demo version limitation...

I can verify that with a licensed panotour pro its of course possible to export your tour and get seperate xml files (one for your tour and one each for your scene)
http://www.kolor.com/panotour-panotour-pro-comparison.html
as you can see in the listing the xml export is a feature only available for the panotour pro.

PS: a hint on webpage which demoversion limitations are existing (xml, gigapano-limits etc) would be great - because allways again upraised question here on forum.
Perfect for adding would be the download page...
http://www.kolor.com/download-autopano-panotour-panorama-virtual-tour-software.html

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm 

OK thank you!

I read the trialware-hint, and it says that the Trial is fully functional exact like the full version except mobile functionality and of course it has the watermark branding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:29 pm 

Yes, very annoying. I had the same problem with the trialversion! Took me 3 days to find out! Nevertheless I have now the fullversion AND a new Bingmap key AND a pay version from krpano..result: nothing is working, not even the xml file is made by Panotour Pro V1.8.0. Anybody an idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm 

Francesco wrote:
Yes, very annoying. I had the same problem with the trialversion! Took me 3 days to find out! Nevertheless I have now the fullversion AND a new Bingmap key AND a pay version from krpano..result: nothing is working, not even the xml file is made by Panotour Pro V1.8.0. Anybody an idea?

Do you have Panotour or Panotour Pro?

Only Panotour Pro allows the export of the XML files.

If you have Panotour Pro, have you registered your PTP licence key within PTP?

If you have Panotour Pro you don't need a seperate krpano/krpanotools licence as you can export these licences from Panotour Pro should you wish (separately) to use krpanotools.

With PTP you need to deselect the Embed XML files option to output the XML files, by default they are embedded when you are just generating Flash tours.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 pm 

Hello Mediavets, thx for your answer. I have PanoTour Pro newest Version 1.8.0. Yes my key is fully accepted by PTPro. Thanks to your info I now know how to produce .xml files, indeed I had to deactivate the "Embed XML Files". But I am still strogling to make BingMaps work, this is what I mean I bought a licence for that at krpanos (19 €). I tried to copy the licence from krpano which is called: bingmaps.license.xml (with an veeeery long license number) together with the file from krpano: bingmaps.swf (download at krpano) in the Directory where Panotours Pro made my tour: > Build > virtualtourdata > graphics, here I found also PanotourMaps.swf. But unfortanetly that is not working. Do not know where to bring in these files from krpano to make BingMaps work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 pm 

Francesco wrote:
But I am still strogling to make BingMaps work, this is what I mean I bought a licence for that at krpanos (19 €). I tried to copy the licence from krpano which is called: bingmaps.license.xml (with an veeeery long license number) together with the file from krpano: bingmaps.swf (download at krpano) in the Directory where Panotours Pro made my tour: > Build > virtualtourdata > graphics, here I found also PanotourMaps.swf. But unfortanetly that is not working. Do not know where to bring in these files from krpano to make BingMaps work...

No need to use any of that stuff - Bing maps are now supported directly from within PTP.

You just need to get a key, and then enter that in PTP.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:01 pm 

Hi, i'm try to create my old kolor panotour pro project with new version of this software.

- i have a full functionaly product and i can check the html compatibility box and i can uncheck embedded option xml file;
- after the creation starting my trouble: the output is without xml file and the project chenge automatically with checked box for embedded xml option ad with unchecked mobility option.

For me is a bug or i have a bad licence.

how it is possible to resvolve this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:19 pm 

nonchiedercilaparola wrote:
Hi, i'm try to create my old kolor panotour pro project with new version of this software.

- i have a full functionaly product and i can check the html compatibility box and i can uncheck embedded option xml file;
- after the creation starting my trouble: the output is without xml file and the project chenge automatically with checked box for embedded xml option ad with unchecked mobility option.

do you try to save, save as to the same folder where the old version exported with the old autopano version were created or did you choose a complete new folder?
did you use option delete all existing files with the build tour as option?
did you try to open the old autopano project and before exporting tour did you save the project as new project file (and maybe restarting panotour pro before exporting the new tour?
do you see your email address under help->info (and version number 1.8.0)
did you create old project with panotour and you upgraded to new panotour pro?
do you use 64bit Win7 or other OS?
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 am 

gkaefer wrote:

do you try to save, save as to the same folder where the old version exported with the old autopano version were created or did you choose a complete new folder?
did you use option delete all existing files with the build tour as option?
did you try to open the old autopano project and before exporting tour did you save the project as new project file (and maybe restarting panotour pro before exporting the new tour?
do you see your email address under help->info (and version number 1.8.0)
did you create old project with panotour and you upgraded to new panotour pro?
do you use 64bit Win7 or other OS?
Georg

- i save as to the same folder where the old version exported with the old autopano version were created
- i use option delete all existing files with the build tour as option
- i open the old autopano project and before exporting tour did you save the project as new project file
- under help.info i can see only my versione 1.8.0
- i create the old project with kolor panotour pro 1.6 and now i have dropped the project file in to new version 1.8
- i use win 7 64 bit

i have the same problem also with a new project starting to zero!!!!

it's a bug? if it is a registration problem we would see only a kolor pano mark on the output. isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 am 

When you will register, you will be able to see the generated XML files.
The trial version of PanotourPro forces the embed of the XML files.

Gérald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 pm 

register kolor pano what mean? insert the serial number on the sofware installed or register it on kolor panotour site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 pm 

register kolor pano what mean? insert the serial number on the sofware installed or register it on kolor panotour site?

Insert the product key in the software installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:13 am 

There isn't a way to insert the code on the submenu tabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:42 am 

When you start the app there comes a box asking you to a) serialize, b) buy or c) to use it as a demo.
Click "serialize" and enter your name and serial number into the dialogue. That´s all.
( i can´t recall it by the word because it is serialized already - so please don´t pin me down on telling exactly what´s written there . . . :cool:) )

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 am 

What is shown if you look at the register Help->License and Help->About ?
(screenshots would be best)
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:23 am 

klausesser wrote:

When you start the app there comes a box asking you to a) serialize, b) buy or c) to use it as a demo.
Click "serialize" and enter your name and serial number into the dialogue. That´s all.
( i can´t recall it by the word because it is serialized already - so please don´t pin me down on telling exactly what´s written there . . . :cool:) )

best, Klaus

Nothing in my version. When i open the application i can see :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/immaginebhn.png/

that is the same image that compare whten i click on Menu: Help_Info About... (i havn't Help->License and Help->About)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:44 am 

klausesser wrote:

best, Klaus

Nothing in my version. When i open the application i can see :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/immaginebhn.png/

that is the same image that compare whten i click on Menu: Help_Info About... (i havn't Help->License and Help->About)

the screenshot shows that your version is not registered, no email (yours) is listed.

unintall 32bit and 64bit version if both installed. I would never use the 32bit if hardware is 64bit...
help menu has on my 1.8.0 final installation a "Licenses" and a "About" entry. (Maybe change for one try to english language version to see the menu names)
if yours is other - contact kolor support team how to really uninstall the old/current version inclusive registry entries etc.

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 am 

for me there is a problem. I download and installed also the trial version. In the first running i have clearly read that this trial version has only these limitation:
- support for ipd and iphone
- a marke of kolor pano visble in the virtual tour

so there isn't nothing about xml integration limitation.

so or this is a bug or there is a bad description on trial version.

isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 am 

for me there is a problem. I download and installed also the trial version. In the first running i have clearly read that this trial version has only these limitation:

isn't it?

also possible my memories are failing here about most recent panotour pro version.
some months back my info was correct:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/t13476-panotour-pro-demo-xml-export

why not finally adding this info of demo limitations in the kolor webpage where the panotour and panotour pro is compared?
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 am 

gkaefer wrote:

isn't it?

also possible my memories are failing here about most recent panotour pro version.
some months back my info was correct:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/t13476-panotour-pro-demo-xml-export

why not finally adding this info of demo limitations in the kolor webpage where the panotour and panotour pro is compared?
Georg

You're right!!!! we can conclude that there is a bug of information:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 am 

I wish there was a straight forward anwser as it look to be costing people (including myself) a lot of time running in circles. To be clear...

If you have the trial version you cannot upload a working .swf or .html file for view? You have to purchase the product first? (which makes sence, but the information is nowhere to be found saying it)

http://www.kolor.com/panotour-pro-profesionnal-360-virtual-tour-software-faq.html
"The trial version is not limited in time: you can use it as long as you like. In terms of features, the main limitations are the presence of a watermark on the rendered images and the unability to save a project file. You can therefore try all the image-stitching features, color and geometry corrections and all other features before purchasing the application."

This is all I've found

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 am 

you can review the tour created with the demo panotour locally.
you can take the folder you created locally and upload this folder to your webspace via ftp.
you can fiew the demo tour online
you will see watermarks on your demo tour uploaded (also if looking the local tour offline) ...
but with the demotour only embedded tours are created, so the xml files containing the scene and tourconfiguration are embedded, they cant be edited.

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.