Panotour for the NEW iPad  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
wkaemena

Panotour for the NEW iPad

by wkaemena » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Is Kolor already working on the implementation of the newest KRPano feature of sensing the iPad3 and using larger tiles for it?

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:48 pm

wkaemena wrote:Is Kolor already working on the implementation of the newest KRPano feature of sensing the iPad3 and using larger tiles for it?

Hi!

Guess you can manually put just a higher-sized image in? On i-devices afaik the tiles aren´t used anyway but the mobilke-faces. I think you can use just larger ones.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 am

Hello Willy,

We always try to deliver Panotour with the last stable release of krpano.
So Panotour/Panotour Pro 1.8.0 is based on the 11th update of the 1.0.8.14 version of krpano .

The 12th update has to be checked and tested on the 3 available versions of iPad, before Panotour Pro integrate it.

Gérald

no avatar
wkaemena

by wkaemena » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 am

klausesser wrote:
wkaemena wrote:Is Kolor already working on the implementation of the newest KRPano feature of sensing the iPad3 and using larger tiles for it?

Hi!

Guess you can manually put just a higher-sized image in? On i-devices afaik the tiles aren´t used anyway but the mobilke-faces. I think you can use just larger ones.

best, Klaus

Klaus , yes I thought to do that, but that would be good only for a kind of private test, because larger cube sizes would kill Safari on iPad 1 and 2

no avatar
wkaemena

by wkaemena » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 am

Gerald: Thank you very much, I was sure that Kolor would do all to implement as asap !

no avatar
scoopz

by scoopz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Just stumbled across this post whilst searching for info on tours looking pixelated on retina iOS devices (iPhone 4, 4S and new iPad). I did think about manually replacing the mobile-faces with high dpi mobile faces but as wkaemena says, this would kill performance on the older non-retina devices.

The problem is the retina iOS devices still report their browser screen size as the older non-retina size, to take advantage of the retina display the mobile faces need to remain the same size in pixels but have their dpi bumped up to around 280 or 300. So we'd need a few mobile-faces generated, one set for non-retina iOS devices and one for retina iOS devices and have the krpano serve up the right version depending on the device being used.

This brings up another question though, it's not just iOS devices that won't play flash, the latest Android OS and browsers do not come with flash installed as standard and when I viewed one of my mobile tours on an Motorola Xoom it was prompting me to install flash on the Xoom. It would be nice if rather than detecting if it's an iOS device and then loading the HTML5 version, if it detected when flash was installed and rather than prompting to install flash, loaded the HTML5 version?

I hope this is something that is coming soon, I've had several comments now from clients about the low resolution of their tours when viewed on an iPhone 4 or new iPad. If anybody does know a quick fix to this issue please do let me know, I don't mind hand coding a few bits and creating higher dpi mobile-faces if necessary.
Test System Spec: 15" Retina MacBook Pro, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 768GB SSD, OS X 10.8.5

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 pm

wkaemena wrote:
klausesser wrote:

Hi!

best, Klaus

Klaus , yes I thought to do that, but that would be good only for a kind of private test, because larger cube sizes would kill Safari on iPad 1 and 2

Hey Willy!

I didn´t see the posts befeore yet, sorry! Hope they get it fixed soon . . ;)

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Dulgan

by Dulgan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi there,
Is there any news regarding this issues in the past few months?
Did someone find a workaround?
Last edited by Dulgan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm

bdd wrote:Hello Willy,

So Panotour/Panotour Pro 1.8.0 is based on the 11th update of the 1.0.8.14 version of krpano .

The 12th update has to be checked and tested on the 3 available versions of iPad, before Panotour Pro integrate it.

Gérald

really? you're working on implementing the 12update of the 1.0.8.14 into panotour?
typo?
not 1.0.8.15 ?
Georg

no avatar
gddxb

by gddxb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 am

gkaefer wrote:
bdd wrote:Hello Willy,

Gérald

really? you're working on implementing the 12update of the 1.0.8.14 into panotour?
typo?
not 1.0.8.15 ?
Georg

That post was from before 1.0.8.15 was released I presume?

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am

Gerald, Georg,

Yes this post is a really old one.
We did not integrate the 1.0.8.15 version for different technical reasons.
We are now working on the 2.0 version of Panotour which will use the "real" last version of the krpano player.

Gérald

no avatar
Dulgan

by Dulgan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

And so since this version, is it possible to generate 2048x2048 images for mobile devices example?

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

bdd wrote:Gerald, Georg,

Yes this post is a really old one.
We did not integrate the 1.0.8.15 version for different technical reasons.
We are now working on the 2.0 version of Panotour which will use the "real" last version of the krpano player.

Gérald

uups. sorry. did not see it.
Georg

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8