Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Crashing on IPOD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 am 

I just bought this progam and was very exited to have it until I created a tour for the mobile device.

The Mobile Tours created with Panotour Pro crashes on my IPOD.
Every time I access the tour via the IPOD, it will suddenly close the browser (Safari)
I tried rebuilding it each time changing something and uploading it but it keeps closing the browser after I click around a few times.

1. I built with thumbnails, Panorama List, Context menu, Gyroscope (Crash)
2. I built with thumbnails, Panorama List, Context menu (Crash)
3. I built with thumbnails, Context menu, Gyroscope (Crash)
4. I built with thumbnails stack, Context menu, Gyroscope (Crash)
5. I built with thumbnails stack, Context menu (Crash)
6. I built with thumbnails stack (Crash)

Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit
8 GB Ram

IPod Touch Model MC540C (6.4 GB
iOS 5.0.1

Panotour Pro V1.7.3 64bits

When I create the tours, I only choose "Mobile Tour (IPad/IPhone)
(I do not choose "Standard Tour (Desktop)) because I only need the mobile tour.

By the way, when I use the latest Krpano Tools to create the VT and upload them, it does not crash (Strange)

I hope I explained enough
I really want this to work can someone help me please.

EDITED JUNE 11 2012
=============

Problem partially solved
===============
The issue is not my IPOD, the issue is with the QRCODE Reader internal browser.
I have tried abour 5 QRCODE readers for the IPOD and the two I use most has it's own built-in browser with the option to open the page in safari but opens and stays in it's built in browser by default. If I remain in the internal broswer of the reader, it will crash. If I choose the option to open in safari, it will not crash.

The two reader that crashes are
QRReader and Qrafter, they both sport a built-in browser and that's what crashing the tours so this is something the team migh want to look into.

I hope this info helped

Last edited by thepcman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 am 

thepcman wrote:
When I create the tours, I only choose "Mobile Tour (IPad/IPhone)
(I do not choose "Standard Tour (Desktop)) because I only need the mobile tour.

Choose both!
Planets don´t work on i-devices (they´re Flash). Bur they work partially.
Dont use any embedding.

best, KLaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 am 

1. Why should I choose both when I need only mobile. That's a waste of space creating and uploading both when I need only one.
2. I did not choose embeding (It cannot even be chosen when it is set to only mobile)
3. I took Little Planet offf and it's still crashing the IPOD

Last edited by thepcman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 am 

thepcman wrote:
1. Why should I choose both when I need only mobile. That's a waste of space creating and uploading both when I need only one.
2. I did not choose embeding (It cannot even be chosen when it is set to only mobile)
3. I took Little Planet offf and it's still crashing the IPOD

As i said: choose both . . :cool:

You can make it small - use 5000px wide for good presentation on iPad.
The app generates both sozes for iPhone and iPod.

You need the "generic html" - which isn´t generated if you choose mobile only afaik (i always have "both" choosen).
See it here: http://www.360impressions.de/TourRheinterrasse.html

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:26 am 

when you did choose only mobile device Tour (ipad/Phone),
did you enable the suboption iBook Widget (I assume no, so should it be ;-))

next, did you use the HTML-Template fullscreen.html or generic.html? in first case, try the generic too...

PS: next line is more a joke, but in your case it could be program:
mobile device Tour has the extension (iPad/Phone) and the IPOD is none of both ;-)

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 am 

gkaefer wrote:
mobile device Tour has the extension (iPad/Phone) and the IPOD is none of both ;-)

Runs on iPods also . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 am 

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:

Runs on iPods also . . :cool:

best, Klaus

I'm sure it does, but when its explicitly excluded in option selection ;-)
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:51 am 

I appreciate all that was said but it makes no sense the option is there to choose only mobile output but to make mobile output work without crashing you must choose both.

I will do as you say but it's just not logical.

Actually, I will simply use the krpano tools to create the mobile tours and use Panotour to make desktop your when I need a tour with map and floor plans. I have system on my server to do desktop tour by just uploading the images.
I am disappointed because this was one of the part I loved most about the software.

Thank you all
PS
About the iPOD joke. It's just and iPhone without the phone. I. P.hone O.ut D.ead

I do think that there is something here that needs fixing though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:02 am 

thepcman wrote:
I do think that there is something here that needs fixing though

Yes: knowledge.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 am 

I don't want to judge what I think you mean by "Yes: knowledge." so can you please explain so I do not get offended for pointing out something I thought was wrong and to not regret spending my money.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 am 

thepcman wrote:
I don't want to judge what I think you mean by "Yes: knowledge." so can you please explain so I do not get offended for pointing out something I thought was wrong and to not regret spending my money.

Thank you

The whole theme: "Panorama" is very complex - also it seems to be trivial by having softwares with "auto" in it´s name. There´s nothing wich is really "auto".
And the deeper you dig into it the more complex it gets.

It starts basically with photography: doing mediocre photography nevertheless people tend to mean that all this magic panoramical stuff could make it wonderful.
It can´t.

We are dealing with very advanced software-technology here - don´t forget that.

So my suggestion is always: train yourself in doing good photography first hand.
Then get familiar with what it´s all about with interactivity in panoramas in theory and then in praxi.

There constantly rise misinterpretations about what APP/G must be able to do automatically and what needs your skills as a user.

Many questions in this forum wouldn´t have to be asked if users would make themselves more familiar with the very basics of what they´re doing.

Even the most advanced camera or programmable head don´t make the picture alone. It´s YOUR knowledge, YOUR skills that does it.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 am 

You are still missing the point. I may not be an expert as you are but I assume the software was created by experts.
A simple "I have not seen this issue before" or "I will look into it, thanks for your purchase" would have been better than the statement made above.
You don't speak that way to people who spends money on your product and become people who twill then tell people what programs to use or not to use.

What your said above is true but does not apply to my issues.

There is something clearly wrong with the script.
You may have missed the point that I have been using the krpono tools to create mobile tours before and have not had this issue.
I now decided to spend my money to buy your software and only to be made a joke of.

If creating a stand-alone mobile tour was not permitted, you should have not allowed that action just as you do not allow "embed all data" and "Embed XML file" when you choose to create a mobile tour.
Look at how carefully I described the process I went through before I post the issue and this is how you choose to respond.
WOW (Service)

You are perfectly right though.
"Yes: knowledge." . I did not know I would be ridiculed for pointing out something wrong with a product I just paid $299.00 for.

Thank you

PS
I actually set it to both (Desktop and Mobile) waited for the long 50Meg instead of 15meg upload and it still crashed

The funny thing is, I am more disappointed than I am upset right now because I just did not expect that response when I posted my issue here.

Last edited by thepcman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 am 

OK - let's try and focus on the problems.

thepcman wrote:
There is something clearly wrong with the script.

Can you provide the URL to the tour that crashes when viewed on your iPod?

Quote:
You may have missed the point that I have been using the krpono tools to create mobile tours before and have not had this issue.

What did you hope Panotour Pro would enable you to do that you were not able to do using krpano tools when creating mobile-only tours?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:45 pm 

thepcman wrote:
The funny thing is, I am more disappointed than I am upset right now because I just did not expect that response when I posted my issue here.

Sorry, "thepcman" (is that your name?) - i tried to help you and i just was clear and direct. It told you it must work the way i said - is use it every day and it works fine.
Besides: i´m a user just like you - nothing to do with Kolor besides just using it for my work.

To explore what´s your issue we´d need to have much more informations than just your complains.

Andrew (mediavets) started to try to focus on your problem.

best and good luck, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:51 pm 

I am still having this issue no matter what i do, it keeps crashing in my IPOD (Not IPAD) .

I just need to know if anyone else is having this issue

Thak you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm 

thepcman wrote:
I am still having this issue no matter what i do, it keeps crashing in my IPOD (Not IPAD) .

I just need to know if anyone else is having this issue

Thak you

well. after 10 days nobody subscribed saying he has the same problem than you...
so seems rather strange one maybe limited to some circumstances (combination of software/hardware/options whatever - and you discovered them - cant say...)

can you provide a link to your tour you have issues with, so users with an ipod can have a look, or users on forum can review the sourcecode. maybe this allows us to get closer to the problem...
(maybe its crashing only for your browser, maybe for others too or even its crashing for all user...)
can you make the test Klaus did suggest to activate both options use standard and use mobile tour. maybe the behaviour is than other...

your initial posting is showing (listing 1 to 6) that you tried combinations, that cant work, because incompatible with mobile devices because of krpano limitations. These are not or not well documented - thats sadly to say an issue we all suffer because of available documentation)

your right thats nonsense to create a tour for non-mobile devices, if you dont need them, but thats not the point here by giving you the tip. Klaus suggested a way he knows its working for him. so maybe its also working for you. and than its very easy only to upload the part you need, the mobile one. than your problem would be solved, its only inconvenient to create useless code you dont need... and when the way klaus suggested for you also does not work, we can go further to seach other paths. debugging is also try and error...

another path we could dive into:
which imagefiles do you use as input for your mobile devices tour?
(size/pixel dimensions/fileformat/ratio)

two other notes:

under follwoing link Alexandre explains how its possible to ftp/upload your project you've problems with so Alexandre and his team from kolor can have a look to find the bug/error etc whatever it is...
http://www.kolor.com/forum/t766-ftp-server

we're discussing here an issue you have with creating a mobile tour, you did post your posting inside Autopano forum, not panotour forum... so maybe this is reasons feedback from other user having maybe the same issue is low.
so question to the moderators: would it make sens to move the complete thread?

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:01 am 

Sorry for the delay I have been very busy.

This is still happening
1. This is the one crashing on my IPOD touch
http://waynemcgowan.com/mobile1

2. Same files but done with the krpano tools (Not crashing)
http://waynemcgowan.com/mobile2

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am 

ok on ym Safari in User Agent IPOD touch its working...
I created a mobile only tour on my side and comparing the sourcecodes yours is looking ok.

can you create a 3rd version: without sound + mobile only using one of the both html templates....
maybe its the sound file/soundfileformat? on my safari ipod touch user agent its working.

does the browser on the IPOD does have a cache you can reset/set empty?
(I recently had on my IE9 & PC problems with one PDF stating the pdf is defect - but it was only corrupted cache...)

any other ideas?
someone else with a IPOD touch to confirm the crash on IPOD touch?

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm 

Thanks for the followup gkaefer

As stated above, I have tried almost every combination you can think of, that just happen to be the last one I tried.
It still crash without the sound, without the menu, without the thumbnails on top.
Either way, I need those features so if it was crashing only with those, that would still be an issue.

It maked no sense that the one done with the krpano tools is not crashng.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm 

yep - feedback from other IPOD touch users would help and also a review by kolor...
maybe create a tour with only one scene - create from this tour a zip file and create a txt file and add it to the zip desribing the case referecne to the forum link...
and upload it to ftp space of kolor as described here: http://www.kolor.com/forum/t766-ftp-server

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 am 

Has anyone been able to test this on a IPOD?. Mine is still crashing and no solution after this post.
I have had no progress since I made this post.
I did provide the two links above and still no response. Am I supposed to just simply forget I have a problem and park this program?

Is there no one on the Kolor Dev team with an IPOD to simply create a tour and test to see if it will work without crashing.

I need to know if it's my system that's having the issue.
I need help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 pm 

thepcman wrote:
Has anyone been able to test this on a IPOD?. Mine is still crashing and no solution after this post.
I have had no progress since I made this post.
I did provide the two links above and still no response. Am I supposed to just simply forget I have a problem and park this program?

Is there no one on the Kolor Dev team with an IPOD to simply create a tour and test to see if it will work without crashing.

I need to know if it's my system that's having the issue.
I need help!

Hi!

Test this one:
http://360impressions.de/KBogenPad/ (combobox-linking)
and that one:
http://www.360impressions.de/Wuppertal/ (hotspot-linking)

Both run on iPod/Phone/Pad.

You must use the "generic html" template - but you can modify it for your design.

best, Klaus

P.S.:

on iPad/Pod/Phones there is no multiresolution. The devices take the tablet-faces which PTP generates for Pad/Phone/Pod in two sizes. So don´t care how big your pano-images are: PTP wil generate only two
small sizes suiting Pad/Phone/Pod - not regarding how big the source-images are.
So you can´t zoom in this deep like in the desktop-version.
"Wuppertal" runs on desktop as hires - the second node has about 4Gigapixel - but on iDevices only the tablet-face size are displayed with Java.
That´s very clever - because Flash would suck your batteries empty in minutes . . . :cool:

P.S.2:

"Windsor" runs well on iPhone and iPad. But even on my iPhone4 the resolution is very poor - on the iPad it´s (in my eyes) inacceptable.

For iPads and iPhone4/s i strongly suggest to use at least 10000px - for the new iPad (3) better take 15000px because it´s resolution is 2045x1536px . . . it´s extremely sharp and shows every detail.

Last edited by klausesser on Sat May 19, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 pm 

Thanks for your response and suggestions but are you saying that in order for it to work without crashing, I need to always use the generic.html and I notice you do not have the thumbnails. Am I not suppose to use the thumbnails in the IPhone/IPad/IPod version?

Are there restrictions on what I need to output in the "Extra" selection when creating VT for those devices?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:33 pm 

thepcman wrote:
Thanks for your response and suggestions but are you saying that in order for it to work without crashing, I need to always use the generic.html

Using the generic or fullpage templates creates an HTML file that invokes a script that ensures the appropriate version of the tour is loaded depending on the value of the user-agent returned by the browser.

Quote:
and I notice you do not have the thumbnails. Am I not suppose to use the thumbnails in the IPhone/IPad/IPod version?

You can use thumbnails.

Quote:
Are there restrictions on what I need to output in the "Extra" selection when creating VT for those devices?

There are no restrictions on what Extras you can select but not all those features are supported in iDevice-compatible versions of a tour.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:38 pm 

thepcman wrote:
Thanks for your response and suggestions but are you saying that in order for it to work without crashing, I need to always use the generic.html and I notice you do not have the thumbnails. Am I not suppose to use the thumbnails in the IPhone/IPad/IPod version?

Thank you

I don´t use the thumbnails or stacks because i mean they´re too small on iDevices for navigating. You can see them but you can´t identify what they show as long as you don´t already know the location.

But they work nevertheless for me.

What does "extra" selection mean?

best, Klaus