Panotour Pro 1.7.3. - OpenStreetMap  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
reinhardkiss

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Pro 1.7.3. - OpenStreetMap

by reinhardkiss » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 am

Panotour Pro 1.7.3.

We have big problems with the new OpenStreetMap plugin.

After export on local host:

only a rotating radar with blank background (no map).

on Webserver:

a graphic with the hint "...MORE OSM COMING SOON".

The Map-Functionality is a mandatory feature in our production and we request your help.

Is there still a bug in the SW our do we make something wrong. Do you provide a step by step tutorial how to use the new feature.

Please get in touch asap, because we have some pressure from our client side.

Thank you

Reinhard

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:08 pm

reinhardkiss wrote:Panotour Pro 1.7.3.

We have big problems with the new OpenStreetMap plugin.

After export on local host:

only a rotating radar with blank background (no map).

on Webserver:

a graphic with the hint "...MORE OSM COMING SOON".

The Map-Functionality is a mandatory feature in our production and we request your help.

Is there still a bug in the SW our do we make something wrong. Do you provide a step by step tutorial how to use the new feature.

Please get in touch asap, because we have some pressure from our client side.

Thank you

Reinhard

well most probably opentreetmaps issue...
I just minutes ago upgraded
than I opened a ptp171 project with google streetmaps
changed to openstreetmaps (all options except starting open)
saved new project file
created my tour
screenshot is my offline result.

its working - in general - but still not correct. I did set the map to satellite and the non-satellite layer is getting displayed....
so kolor techies have to review and to state if this is a ptp or only a openstreet maps issue.

in general (did open a thread in panotour future forum) this allmigthy of big companies is not at all satisfying...
adobe is dropping support of flash on android platform.
google now is dropping flash support...

so why should a software company should support flash anymore? (if in middle future the html5 will satisfy all patforms.)
in general its good to have more than one map provider... is it possible in future to use google maps with html5?

Georg

mkintner

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by mkintner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 am

Man, this is a mistake switching from Google Maps to an unknown open source product. You now loose sat imagery, street view and 3D buildng intergration which I use to add my panos, google maps pin placement which I also use tagging multiple pano locations.

This also becomes a huge problem for my VR tour projects in the United States. I just checked and two or three places in my recent published tour that use google maps, the map data is incorrect on OpenStreetMaps. How is that going to be corrected? Not to mention the problem OpenStreetMaps have in trying to run on the iPhone and iPad devices. I now have to write different tour to match two different map programs.

Why not work with getting the JavaScript API V3 to work with krpano? If EasyPano did it then why not Kolor? In a way its better because now it can be intergrates better into the mobile devices, especially with the iPad and iPhone apps that we are developing apps for, they work slick. Also if you already have your map keys everything still functions correctly until late 2012. Thats plenty of time to get things worked out.

Why not do what EasyPano did and solve the mapping problem using Google Maps? They did and it works! I just don't want to switch to EasyPano because Kolor jumped ship on using the most popular mapping tool on the planet.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:20 pm

mkintner wrote:Man, this is a mistake switching from Google Maps to an unknown open source product. You now loose sat imagery, street view and 3D buildng intergration which I use to add my panos, google maps pin placement which I also use tagging multiple pano locations.

This also becomes a huge problem for my VR tour projects in the United States. I just checked and two or three places in my recent published tour that use google maps, the map data is incorrect on OpenStreetMaps. How is that going to be corrected? Not to mention the problem OpenStreetMaps have in trying to run on the iPhone and iPad devices. I now have to write different tour to match two different map programs.

Why not work with getting the JavaScript API V3 to work with krpano? If EasyPano did it then why not Kolor? In a way its better because now it can be intergrates better into the mobile devices, especially with the iPad and iPhone apps that we are developing apps for, they work slick. Also if you already have your map keys everything still functions correctly until late 2012. Thats plenty of time to get things worked out.

Why not do what EasyPano did and solve the mapping problem using Google Maps? They did and it works! I just don't want to switch to EasyPano because Kolor jumped ship on using the most popular mapping tool on the planet.

have also a look to this thread:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=95532#p95532
where you can see my link to the thread @ krpano and also Klaus response @ krpano.
and also kolors answer clarifying some points...

in short: it was not a krpano nore a kolor decision. it was google who decided to close the API-key creation for flash. (was this a know fact or did google say today lets close it next monday...?)
its now up to kolor and krpano to find a correct - and professional - solution.
kolor did - so I do assume - react and did change (in gui) hidden/but available feature and now in first response its implemented in gui.
so lets hope the google maps plugin from krpano and the google maps plugin from kolor (which I learnt are not the same one) are getting working again with now available goole API (javascript)

personal I do not prefer the openstreetmap - no satellite images etc. but better currently having a suboptimum solution than having no solution.

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm

gkaefer wrote:. . . but better currently having a suboptimum solution than having no solution.

Really? ;) I must confess: i anyway hate maps in panos.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel