Panotour 1.5.0 32 & 64 bit - Where is HTML for hotspot ?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
glfp

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour 1.5.0 32 & 64 bit - Where is HTML for hotspot ?

by glfp » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I tried latest beta for Panotour and I was happy about an HTML feature for hotspot.

I also see here:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Tour

and here

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10618-panotour-pro-1.5-rc1-winxp-32-info-bubble-anomaly

that this feature is present.

Why I do not see this feature in my Panotour 1.5.0 licensed app?

I'm really stucked about this !

Regards.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

glfp wrote:I tried latest beta for Panotour and I was happy about an HTML feature for hotspot.

Why I do not see this feature in my Panotour 1.5.0 licensed app?

Welcome to the forum...

Are you sure you are comparing like with like. Could it be that you tried the latest beta of Panotour Pro and not Panotour?

The HTML feature appears as a possible hotspot link type in Panotour Pro 1.5 (screenshot 2), but it does not appear in Panotour 1.5 (screenshot 1).

This appears to be one of the differences between Panotour and Panotour Pro which I had not previously noted.

I wonder why Kolor have chosen to make this difference when (as I recall) this feature was present in Autopano Tour, with or without a krpano licence.

Have you used this feature a lot? If so, what for?

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
glfp

Topic author
Info

by glfp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

Hi mediavets,

i'm quite impressed that in no place this difference between normal and pro is undocumented !

I'm creating a big site for an important Italian city (Torino) for imminent Italian Unity Celebration (150 year) and I cannot use the ONLY feature I need, adding hotspot to big old maps with link to a catalog site.

In this page

http://www.kolor.com/panotour-software-virtual-tours-360-interactions.html

is described:

Want to display HTML content within your virtual tours? No worries: Panotour allows you to embed HTML pages containing text as well as images directly into the tour. A simple click on a hotspot can display this content.
Limited to HTML tags supported by Flash®.

Where ?? That's not true !! I'm feeling defrauded !

Another undocumented feature is the possibility to change the color of the hotspot text ... another undocumented difference batween normal and pro !!

I don't need Pro features, I thought the only difference was in Multimedia features ....

It's very urgent for me .... only 10 day from site release .... :(:(:(

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Info

by Lionel Laissus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 pm

We are feeling so embarrassed about that big big mistake.
We apologize to our customers for that wrong information that confused them.

Of course it wasn't our intention to defraud the people !!!

The Panotour webpage will be fixed and the differences between Panotour and Panotour Pro will be documented today !!!

One more time sorry for any inconvenience caused.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 am

Lionel Laissus wrote:The Panotour webpage will be fixed and the differences between Panotour and Panotour Pro will be documented today !!!

The Panotour web page shows a screenshot with a map with hotspots - but the Map extra/feature is not offered in Panotour.

http://www.kolor.com/panotour-software-virtual-tours-360-customization.html

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 am

Lionel Laissus wrote:The Panotour webpage will be fixed and the differences between Panotour and Panotour Pro will be documented today !!!.

The Panotour web page section about Export suggests that tours created with Panotour can contain audio and video but this is not the case. I think this is confusing.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:31 am

Lionel Laissus wrote:The Panotour webpage will be fixed and the differences between Panotour and Panotour Pro will be documented today !!!.

I find the section about Multi-res in the description of Panotour features very confusing and imprecise.
http://www.kolor.com/panotour-software-virtual-tours-360-export.html

It talks of 'virtual tour of up to 200 megapixels' but I think it means single panoramic images of up to 200 megapixels?

Then it states "If you need to create larger virtual tours or gigapixel panoramas, consider Panotour Pro."

Again there seems to be confusion between the term 'tour' and 'panorama'?

Finally I think the choice of illustration is unfortunate and somewhat misleading becaisu it shows the Paris 26GP pano which of course could not be handled by Panotour and I'm not sure that one could achieve that degree of zoom in any pano image that could be handled with Panotour.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
nivleknewob

Info

by nivleknewob » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi can anyone tell me how I embed a video file in a tv screen or a mirror for example within my tour on panotour pro 1.5. On kolors product screen it shows this, but each time I add a hotspot to do this, it justs on the screen but not where i want it and curtainly not embedded

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 pm

nivleknewob wrote:Hi can anyone tell me how I embed a video file in a tv screen or a mirror for example within my tour on panotour pro 1.5. On kolors product screen it shows this, but each time I add a hotspot to do this, it justs on the screen but not where i want it and curtainly not embedded

Sure; draw a rectangular hotspot and specifiy the video file as the Display/Object in the Hotspot properties.

Be aware that the video will only be displayed on Flash-enabled platforms. The video won't display if you export tyhe tour with 'mobile compatibility' and view it from an iDevice. Video and audio are not yet supported by the iDevice-compatible krpano player.

Andrew Stephens

no avatar
nivleknewob

Info

by nivleknewob » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:22 am

Hi,

I've done that, but the video is not embedded in the mirror on the wall, please see screen shots of selection and result, Thanks Kelvin

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:56 am

nivleknewob wrote:Hi,

I've done that, but the video is not embedded in the mirror on the wall,

Then I don't think you have done what I have described and illustrated because it works for me. Perhaps instead of specifying the video as the Display/Object you have specified the video as the Link/Object?

You must use a rectangular hotspot to achieve the effect you want and specify the video as the Display/Object. You cannot do it with a polygon hotspot.

please see screen shots of selection and result, Thanks Kelvin

Should there be more screenshots? Can you show us one with your Hotspot parameter settings?

Do you have this tour on-line? If so can we have the URL?
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
nivleknewob

Info

by nivleknewob » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

Sorry it works perfectly now, I had link/object, not display/object, now I've linked it from display/object it opens in the mirror as I wanted thanks for your help Kelvin.