Can´t see the first panorama on Iphone but the others work   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Skogberg

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Can´t see the first panorama on Iphone but the others work

by Skogberg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi,

On http://www.viskogen.se/vad-vi-gor/resul ... /panorama/ you can see a panorama I made with Panotour pro 1.8. I have exported it with HTML5 but when I open it on an Iphone the first panorama looks really weird. But if you press a hot spot then the other panormas look nice. Why is this?

I would be most thankful for any help.

Thanks! Alfred

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 167 posts
Info

Re: Can´t see the first panorama on Iphone but the others wo

by benji33 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:45 pm

Probably a loding problem. It happens every time even with a cleared cache ?

no avatar
Skogberg

Topic author
Info

by Skogberg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Benjamin,

I downloaded Chrome as well but it is the same problem. I have cleared cookies and data on Safari but same issue. I have tried to look at the panorama on other mobiles but same problem. But on iphone 6 it seems to work.

I have added a screen dump so you can see how it looks like. But again, if I press one of the hotspots and see the other panoramas they all work. It is just the first panorama that is not displayed correctly.

Thanks, Alfred
Attachments
360.PNG

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 94 posts
Info

Re: Can´t see the first panorama on Iphone but the others wo  [SOLVED]

by bdd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Skogberg wrote:Hi Benjamin,

I downloaded Chrome as well but it is the same problem. I have cleared cookies and data on Safari but same issue. I have tried to look at the panorama on other mobiles but same problem. But on iphone 6 it seems to work.

I have added a screen dump so you can see how it looks like. But again, if I press one of the hotspots and see the other panoramas they all work. It is just the first panorama that is not displayed correctly.

Thanks, Alfred

The first panorama is badly displayed because its cubes faces are huge and exceed what the iPhone can handle.
The cube faces of the other panoramas are smaller and can be displayed correctly.

The cube faces of the first panorama are huge because in 1.8 PTP uses directly the cube faces imported in Panotour Pro.
In 2.0, the cube faces are generated to the correct sizes for each device.

If you want to stay in 1.8, you need to create different cube face sizes like for the other panoramas, and change a little the code of the file to use the new smaller cube faces : http://www.viskogen.se/Kenya360/kenya0.xml

Gérald

no avatar
Skogberg

Topic author
Info

by Skogberg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks Gerald! Very helpful. But what a drag that the cube faces are not in the correct size on the first panorama! I am no good at coding and not at all sure if I can change the code a little. Any recommendations on how to proceed if I wish to stay using 1.8?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Skogberg wrote:Thanks Gerald! Very helpful. But what a drag that the cube faces are not in the correct size on the first panorama! I am no good at coding and not at all sure if I can change the code a little. Any recommendations on how to proceed if I wish to stay using 1.8?

Reduce the size of the pano input image?