URLs not working  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
RBull

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

URLs not working

by RBull » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi all, hope you can help :) I recently tried to view a tour I created some time ago and noticed that the URL hotspots no longer work - nothing happens when I click on them. All other hotspots work fine. I have tried using different browsers on both Mac and Windows PC without any success. When I built the tour I had to enter the URLs without // (i.e. http:www.abcd.com) in order for them to work. Does this still apply or should I be entering something different?

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Re: URLs not working

by klausesser » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:36 pm

RBull wrote:Hi all, hope you can help :) I recently tried to view a tour I created some time ago and noticed that the URL hotspots no longer work - nothing happens when I click on them. All other hotspots work fine. I have tried using different browsers on both Mac and Windows PC without any success. When I built the tour I had to enter the URLs without // (i.e. http:www.abcd.com) in order for them to work. Does this still apply or should I be entering something different?

Some more details?

Klaus

no avatar
RBull

Topic author
Info

by RBull » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Tour originally built on a Mac running OSX 10.8

Worked in June using the following but not working now using the following. Using exact same .swf file with no changes made in interim.

.swf build of tour tested on Mac running OSX 10.9 with latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome
.swf build of tour tested on PC running Windows XP with latest versions of Firefox, IE and Chrome
.swf build of tour tested on PC running Windows Vista with latest versions of Firefox, IE and Chrome
.swf build of tour tested on PC running Windows 7 with latest versions of Firefox, IE and Chrome

Have built a couple of brand new test tours but with same result. Hotspot is present but does nothing when clicked.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi. Are you clicking on the urls locally or remotely...

Destiny..

no avatar
RBull

Topic author
Info

by RBull » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Destiny, not sure what you mean - tour is being run from my desktop if that helps. Have also tried a version on a USB stick, but problem is the same.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi... If your Tour is hosted remotely on a server, or any any local server for that fact, the url should work. However, it you are just trying to open your url with the contents hosted locally it will not work, unless you view your Tour using the Green preview button in PTP or use the krpano testing server which will also work on a usb stick as long as you use the krpano testing server to view the media....

Destiny..

no avatar
RBull

Topic author
Info

by RBull » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 pm

The tour itself (.swf file) is being run from a USB stick, the hotspot URLs point to various websites (Dropbox, several client websites, YouTube etc.). What I don't understand is why it worked when I built it, then when I came back and tried to run it a few months later the tour worked fine but not the links. I can navigate between panoramas without a problem. The hotspots show up and I can click on them but nothing happens when I do. Bizarre!

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:09 pm

RBull wrote:The tour itself (.swf file) is being run from a USB stick, the hotspot URLs point to various websites (Dropbox, several client websites, YouTube etc.). What I don't understand is why it worked when I built it, then when I came back and tried to run it a few months later the tour worked fine but not the links. I can navigate between panoramas without a problem. The hotspots show up and I can click on them but nothing happens when I do. Bizarre!

You cannot create standalone SWF file with PT/PTP 2.x (unlike with PT/PTP 1.8).

See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_offline