10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
dakeyne

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices

by dakeyne » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 pm

**Moved to correct 'Panotour Pro 2' section**

Hi all, Paul here, new member :-)
Been using Panotour Pro for a few weeks now and getting the hang of it nicely. So far, published very small tours with maximum 2 x 360 views therein (with 'ambience' sound) and found to be instant load up on desktop and mobile devices. However, I've just published my biggest tour which contains 10 x 360 images (again, with ambience audio) and have found that when loaded first screen on a mobile device (iPad/iPhone etc, with either home wifi or 3G etc) that flicking to 'next pano' usually results in a very pixelated rendering of the image, as if not fully loaded in resolution. If left for maybe 30 seconds or longer, then the image(s) get sometimes go full resolution.

I've noticed this ten image tour also is a touch slow on screen 1 load up even on a laptop or PC (with good wifi connection).

Has anyone noticed this pixelated image quality on larger tours? Am I perhaps rendering at too high a jpg quality (currently at '9')? or, is it perhaps because that every 'view' holds an MP3 (@192kbps) perhaps??

Thanks guys
Paul
Last edited by dakeyne on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: 10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices

by mediavets » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 pm

dakeyne wrote:Hi all, Paul here, new member :-)
Been using Panotour Pro for a few weeks now and getting the hang of it nicely. So far, published very small tours with maximum 2 x 360 views therein (with 'ambience' sound) and found to be instant load up on desktop and mobile devices. However, I've just published my biggest tour which contains 10 x 360 images (again, with ambience audio) and have found that when loaded first screen on a mobile device (iPad/iPhone etc, with either home wifi or 3G etc) that flicking to 'next pano' usually results in a very pixelated rendering of the image, as if not fully loaded in resolution. If left for maybe 30 seconds or longer, then the image(s) get sometimes go full resolution.

I've noticed this ten image tour also is a touch slow on screen 1 load up even on a laptop or PC (with good wifi connection).

Has anyone noticed this pixelated image quality on larger tours? Am I perhaps rendering at too high a jpg quality (currently at '9')? or, is it perhaps because that every 'view' holds an MP3 (@192kbps) perhaps??

Thanks guys
Paul

Welcome to the forum...

By default all audio files are loaded before first scene is displayed I believe: but I may be wholly mistaken.

What is the pixel resolution of your source 360s?

no avatar
dakeyne

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by dakeyne » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Mediavets
Thanks for the warm welcome.

First up, I forgot to add the actual URL for this tour, so here it is..
http://tours.dakeynephotography.com/Ses ... h2014.html

The source Equi images are:10500 X 5300 approx each one ..eek, that sounds way too large...?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:53 pm

dakeyne wrote:Hi Mediavets
Thanks for the warm welcome.

First up, I forgot to add the actual URL for this tour, so here it is..
http://tours.dakeynephotography.com/Ses ... h2014.html

The source Equi images are:10500 X 5300 approx each one ..eek, that sounds way too large...?

I don't think that's too large.