Gyroscope ne fonctionne pas avec W8 sur tablette?   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Emilien78

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Gyroscope ne fonctionne pas avec W8 sur tablette?

by Emilien78 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Bonjour,

J'ai construit une visite virtuelle sur Panotour Pro 1.8. Je l'utilise ensuite en local sur un iPad, le gyroscope fonctionne, mais lorsque je l'utilise sur une Surface Pro 1, le gyroscope ne fonctionne pas.
Avez-vous une idée du pourquoi? Et de quelle manière ce problème peut être résolu?

Merci d'avance.

Emilien.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Gyroscope ne fonctionne pas avec W8 sur tablette?

by mediavets » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 pm

I may be wrong but I think the gyroscope feature is only supported on iDevices and Android, and it often doesn't work very well on Android platforms.

no avatar
Emilien78

Topic author
Info

by Emilien78 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am

Thank you for your reply. This is unfortunate because in offline I can not have a good display on the iPad, while on W8 is perfect ...
Maybe you have a solution to improve the display on the iPad, but it seems that this is an Apple restriction.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:19 am

Emilien78 wrote:Thank you for your reply. This is unfortunate because in offline I can not have a good display on the iPad, while on W8 is perfect ...
Maybe you have a solution to improve the display on the iPad, but it seems that this is an Apple restriction.

Sorry - I have just noticed that you are still using PTP 1.8.

If you upgrade to PTP 2.0 you can have HTML5 multi-res. support on iDevices and Android.

no avatar
Emilien78

Topic author
Info

by Emilien78 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Ok fine, i try this today. Thanks!

no avatar
Emilien78

Topic author
Info

by Emilien78 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 pm

It works well with Panotour 2.0!
For gyroscope on "Microsoft Surface Pro", i currently exchange with software support, if I have a solution (modification of the XML file), I'll post here ASAP.
Thank you mediavets!

no avatar
tuningflex

Info

by tuningflex » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:05 am

Hello,

I am using Microsofts Surface 3 Pro! I like this tablet but there is still the big problem, that the gyroscope-function is not available with panoramas the were produced by "kolor-software".
I can run the spherical panoramas in all browsers (chrome, firefox etc) offline and online without any problem, but the gyro-function dont want to work :(

If I create a panorama with Microsofts own Image Composite Editor, then it creates a single ".pano-File" which I can start directly from the explorer. Gyro function works very well in this case.
I also tried to emulate android on my Windows 8.1 based Surface 3 pro. But this is to slow, everything crashes before I can check anything.

So it must be anyhow possible to use the gyro with the surface. I could use the .Pano Files created with the Microsoft Composite Editor, but then I would miss all those nice functions I would have with Panotour.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Welcome to the forum...

Does your Surface Pro 3 have Flash installed?

no avatar
tuningflex

Info

by tuningflex » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi mediavets,

thanks for fast response. Yes, I have installed and also activated the Flash Player. I am using Google Chrome as browser.
But you have given me an idea. I tried it again with the Windows Internet Explorer 11. Normaly I dont use this. But this is the first time, something works with IE ;)

Only this panorama here let me move up and down with the surface gyros. But not right and left:

http://www.kolor.com/virtual-tours-file ... index.html

If I open this in Chrome or Firefox, nothing happens with the gyros. In IE there is also a little gyro icon to see down in the red bar. So I disabled Flash in Chrome and Firefox. Now the Panorama runs with WebGL. In Firefox even faster. But again no gyros.

Any idea?

Thanks again!

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Did you try loading the HTML5 version of the tour, with IE11, rather than the Flash version:

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... e_(desktop)

no avatar
tuningflex

Info

by tuningflex » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:39 pm

I think I found something: There exists a .js Plugin, that works with windows 8 in IE 11.

http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/f ... /gyro/#top

And it really works. http://krpano.com/examples/118/examples ... html5=only

This example, is the first, which let me use the surface gyro sensors. It really seems to be so, that I have to use a script. Until now, I have never done this before. I am also not very clear what kolor and krpano have to do with each other?

Do you know how I could use this plugin with panotour generated panorama tours?

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Panotour use it already but with PTP 1.8 the krpano player is an very old version and the gyro plugin also : 1.0.8.14
Try to download it and update it into the generated tour.

Today Panotour 2.3.2 run with krpano 1.18.3 and Panotour 2.5 beta with the 1.19.pre3 version.
Benjamin

no avatar
tuningflex

Info

by tuningflex » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Hello Benji,

do you mean I should use the Panotour Pro Version 1.8? I dont have this, I was using the demo mode of Panotour Pro 2.3.2 and also the Beta 2.5. No luck with both on the Surface 3 Pro :(

The only thing thats working with gyroscope (only in IE) is still this here:
http://krpano.com/examples/118/examples ... html5=only

How can this be?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:50 pm

tuningflex wrote:Hello Benji,

do you mean I should use the Panotour Pro Version 1.8? I dont have this, I was using the demo mode of Panotour Pro 2.3.2 and also the Beta 2.5. No luck with both on the Surface 3 Pro :(

The only thing thats working with gyroscope (only in IE) is still this here:

How can this be?

No, you are now totally confused.

If you had read and understood my previous post you would have tried adding ?html5=only to your tour URL to force the loading of the HTML5 version of the tour.

AFAIK the gyroscope feature is only available for the HTML5 version of the tour (and perhaps requires IE on Windows).

But it may be that Kolor has not implemented the gyroscope feature for Windows platforms, only for IDevice platforms (where it works well, or Android platforms (where it typically does not).

FYI, PT/PTP are GUI front end command code generators for the krpano Flash and HTML5 Panorama Viewers.

Does that explain things a little more?

no avatar
tuningflex

Info

by tuningflex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 am

Yes, it does! The relationship between krpano and kolor is now clear ;)

I already tried many times to run my panoramas (including gyro-plugin) only in HTML5/WebGL. In Firefox I use a plugin to jump between Flash and WebGL. Both methods works, but still no gyro-fuction. The same in IE.

I uploaded a quick test here:

http://freunde-burgplesse.de/gyrotest_2/gyrotest.html

The gyro function is activated and runs on my android smartphone perfectly. But no gy reaction ony my surface again.

As I said: only this example works with surface

I think the surface should be supported, it is the best device for us to show presentations.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Gyroscope ne fonctionne pas avec W8 sur tablette?  [SOLVED]

by benji33 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:42 am

Be carreful with partial panoramas and gyroscope. Gyroscope is done for full spherical panoramas first.

Tried on Android phone with success.
Tried on Windows Phone with success.

It seems that the surface is recognized as a Desktop by krpano player so the gyroscope is never added :
"Windows 8 Tablets are supported too, but non-ARM tablets will be detected as 'Desktop' - Microsoft doesn't allow to detect if the device is a desktop or just a tablet."
So only the surface RT can be detected.

You can bypass the Panotour code into xml file and replace the devices="no-desktop.and.html5" applied to gyroscope variables/plugin by a devices="html5" (into skin.xml and core.xml files)
But in this case the gyro will be loaded on desktop also with a unavailable state. Next release will also have a better management for unavailable state.

For the moment there is no real solution for Surface Windows tablet due to the impossiblity to detect them as a tablet rather than a desktop !
Benjamin