video hotspot for ipad  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
innocent bystander

video hotspot for ipad

by innocent bystander » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Hello everybody.

I'm having a small problem with linking a video to a hotspot in panotour 1.8.

My aim is to have a tour with a hotspot that links to a video, and this tour needs to play on an ipad (but I am exporting the tour for both desktop and ipad).

I've encoded the video in many different ways, I've looked on the internet and seen that the maximam mpeg-4 the ipad supports is 640x480 @ 2.5mbps .. When I encode the video this way it works fine on a desktop but it doesnt work on the ipad.

When I change the codec I use from H.264 to mpeg4, on the desktop the sound plays but no video, and again nothing on the ipad.

Does anyone know of the best settings to encode a video for it to work on the ipad (and preferably desktop to)?

Thanks for looking :)

no avatar
innocent bystander

Re: video hotspot for ipad

by innocent bystander » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:00 pm

opps - I was lazy and didnt read the post before mine.. I think that's answered my question - I think I should build the tour just for ipads as it not possible to do both?

no avatar
innocent bystander

by innocent bystander » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:25 pm

^^^ nope - the video still doesnt play on ipad when I export the tour just for mobile devices..

any ideas?? :)

no avatar
innocent bystander

by innocent bystander » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:37 pm

^^^ okay so I've just read the limitations on mobile devices in the panotour documentation and it says that 'videos will not be displayed on mobile devices'

I swear I've seen virtual tours on mobile devices which include video links in the past.. can somebody please confirm this can be done?

Thanks

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8