Hotspot to open a text window  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Johnytuono

Hotspot to open a text window

by Johnytuono » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi
I've done a search and found some code to put in the Hotspot link via the HTML option to open a text box when clicking a hotspot but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Where should I put the textfield plug-in for a start and am I putting the code in the right place (should it be in the html link or in the xml file?). If it's in the xml file, at what place should I insert it? As you can probably tell, I'm a real novice at this side of things, although I can usually (eventually) work my way round things but am struggling a little with this (I much prefer the GUI way).
Thank you for any help.
John

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Hotspot to open a text window

by mediavets » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Johnytuono wrote:Hi
I've done a search and found some code to put in the Hotspot link via the HTML option to open a text box when clicking a hotspot but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Where should I put the textfield plug-in for a start and am I putting the code in the right place (should it be in the html link or in the xml file?). If it's in the xml file, at what place should I insert it? As you can probably tell, I'm a real novice at this side of things, although I can usually (eventually) work my way round things but am struggling a little with this (I much prefer the GUI way).
Thank you for any help.
John

The hotspot Link/HTML option invokes the built-in textfield plugin.

You just need to link to some simple HTML in a separate external file of a form that is supported by the textfield plugin. So what you enter in the Link/HTML box is the relative path to the external file.

It's rather fiddly to get it to work, I find.

PTP 2.x has a much superior mechanism/plugin that enables you to open a web page in a Web box; and also a Description plugin.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8