How to reduce size of the exported tours  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
razvan_xr

How to reduce size of the exported tours

by razvan_xr » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm having a really big problem with space online. I've exported one flash containing 53 panoramas and the output was around 600 Mb. I have to say, my panoramas are 30 mb, 8888x4444 px. I've tested several image sizes, but I was wondering if anyone of you knows the smallest best image size for still having a quality export.
Thanks!

no avatar
klausesser

Re: How to reduce size of the exported tours

by klausesser » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:36 pm

razvan_xr wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm having a really big problem with space online. I've exported one flash containing 53 panoramas and the output was around 600 Mb. I have to say, my panoramas are 30 mb, 8888x4444 px. I've tested several image sizes, but I was wondering if anyone of you knows the smallest best image size for still having a quality export.
Thanks!

An average panorama in my eyes needs to have at least 15000px width for the equirectangular image. The more the better - screens are big and provide high resolution theses days . . . :cool:

53 panoramas in a tour i mean is counter-productive: people most unlikely will look to all of them . . and leave the site before having looked on what you want them to see the most!

Better split it into different themes - a good structured tour of max. 10 panos per theme . . .

Avoid to tire out visitors by showing too much in one piece . . . ;) :cool:

Regarding your question: for such a small size it´s much too much data. Which JPG-compression did you use? Don´t use more than 7.

Klaus

no avatar
razvan_xr

Re: How to reduce size of the exported tours

by razvan_xr » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for your reply, Klaus!
My jpg compresion... none :) I will try this, thanks. Storage space is a really bog concern for me, I've already shot around 250 panoramas, and there are more to come.

And about the 50 panoramas tour, this is not my choice. On my site, it will be exactly like you said, 10 max per tour.

Thanks again for your advices, I will keep you posted!

Razvan

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8