Strange error message  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
stillstonevisions

Strange error message

by stillstonevisions » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:53 pm

I am trying to recompile an older job. The ktp file opens fine, but while it is building the files, it stops cold with the following message:

"Cannot copy C:/Program Files/Kolor/Panotour Pro 1.8/17/The Cupboard/tempcupboard/PhotomatixResults01/Hotspotwebsite.png to C:/Users/User/Documents/stillstonevisions/coloradobizpics/unity/build/virtualtourdata/graphics/logo3.png"

This is strange for several reasons:
1. I cannot find any use in the job of a file with the name Hotspotwebsite.png.
2. I never place my user files inside the Program files folders.
3. I have done all sorts of searches on my system. There is no such folder as the 1st one referred to "/17/The Cupboard....", and I don't believe there ever was.
4. There is also no such file as Hotspotwebsite.png currently anywhere on my system.
5. "The Cupboard" refers to a different customer from the one this "unity" job is for.

As I cannot locate any use of this file in the job, nor locate the missing file, I am unable to proceed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Paul

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Strange error message

by mediavets » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:I am trying to recompile an older job. The ktp file opens fine, but while it is building the files, it stops cold with the following message:

"Cannot copy C:/Program Files/Kolor/Panotour Pro 1.8/17/The Cupboard/tempcupboard/PhotomatixResults01/Hotspotwebsite.png to C:/Users/User/Documents/stillstonevisions/coloradobizpics/unity/build/virtualtourdata/graphics/logo3.png"

Paul

Was this older job created with the same version of PTP that you are now attempting the re-compile?

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 am

Yes. PTP 1.8 in both cases.

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:04 am

Though I haven't resolved this yet, I now have a clue. I moved the .ktp file, not realizing that would screw up some of the file references. Hopefully now I can put the tour back together.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:11 am

stillstonevisions wrote:Though I haven't resolved this yet, I now have a clue. I moved the .ktp file, not realizing that would screw up some of the file references. Hopefully now I can put the tour back together.

... the .ktp file is a plaintext file you can edit the paths to reflect the new places....
Georg

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8