Help in placing Floor Plan in tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ksraghavendra

Help in placing Floor Plan in tour

by ksraghavendra » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello,
I have to integrate a floor plan with a tour. The floor plan is relatively large as the tour itself consists of 100+ scenes, so the "Map" option doesn't look useful. What I am interested is I want the floor plan similar to OSMaps using "Panotour Maps", I mean kind of a collapsible map. I tried overlaying the Floorplan over OSM Maps using <overlay> as given here-
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... PI#Overlay but the overlay image doesn't display for some reason. Can someone help me figure out how to proceed.
Thanks in advance,
Raghavendra

bdd
Kolor Team

Re: Help in placing Floor Plan in tour

by bdd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 am

The overlay feature of the 1.8 version of PanotourMaps plugin, is available only on the googlemaps layer.

no avatar
ksraghavendra

by ksraghavendra » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Now that Google Maps for flash has been discontinued, is there any alternative?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:42 pm

ksraghavendra wrote:Now that Google Maps for flash has been discontinued, is there any alternative?

For PTP 1.8 you can use Bing maps or Openstreet map instead.

PTP 2.x also supports these plus Google maps (again).

no avatar
ksraghavendra

by ksraghavendra » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks for inputs everyone. I tried both OSM & Bing maps but the overlay doesn't work. I tried in my localhost as well as server with different bounds. The overlay tags are not clearly defined in the link I posted, I am using something like <overlay name="myOverlay" url="myoverlay.png" east="" west="" north="" south=""/> but still doesn't work. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm

ksraghavendra wrote:Thanks for inputs everyone. I tried both OSM & Bing maps but the overlay doesn't work. I tried in my localhost as well as server with different bounds. The overlay tags are not clearly defined in the link I posted, I am using something like <overlay name="myOverlay" url="myoverlay.png" east="" west="" north="" south=""/> but still doesn't work. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance

Did you miss this?: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19730&p=127784#p127544

"The overlay feature of the 1.8 version of PanotourMaps plugin, is available only on the googlemaps layer.".... and that is no longer supported (Google withdrew the Flash API).

no avatar
ksraghavendra

by ksraghavendra » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm

mediavets wrote:
ksraghavendra wrote:Thanks for inputs everyone. I tried both OSM & Bing maps but the overlay doesn't work. I tried in my localhost as well as server with different bounds. The overlay tags are not clearly defined in the link I posted, I am using something like <overlay name="myOverlay" url="myoverlay.png" east="" west="" north="" south=""/> but still doesn't work. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance

Did you miss this?: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19730&p=127784#p127544

"The overlay feature of the 1.8 version of PanotourMaps plugin, is available only on the googlemaps layer.".... and that is no longer supported (Google withdrew the Flash API).

Hi mediavets,
Saw that reply, seeking alternatives. Tried this approach suggested by Hans - http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p ... eadID=8084 but the radar beam is blocked by overlay as it is another hotspot.

Suggestions welcome :)

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8