Scroll Text field in PTP 1.8  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pranshu14

Scroll Text field in PTP 1.8

by pranshu14 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:13 am

Hello I am creating a tour through PTP 1.8
and I want to get a scrolling text box on click of a hotspot.

Same as there are many on paris 26 gigapixel site.
http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html

Can anyone tell me what javascript code I use for creating such popup box with scrolling text on click of any hotspot ?

Thanks

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 am

Hi.. It looks like small ShadowBox's... Did you know that PTP V2 offers easy solutions.. It has its own KolorBox with many options...

There are other ways to do this too using JS, but its not easy, PTP V2 is easy.. http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/js/content/virtualtour.html

Destiny
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

pranshu14 wrote:Hello I am creating a tour through PTP 1.8
and I want to get a scrolling text box on click of a hotspot.

Same as there are many on paris 26 gigapixel site.
http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html

Can anyone tell me what javascript code I use for creating such popup box with scrolling text on click of any hotspot ?

Thanks

With PTP 1.8 you can use the Link/HTML feature which uses the krpano textfiled plugin, but it's tricky (I find) to set up.

PTP 2.x makes it much easier to do what you want.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 pm

For me, the issue with the textfield plugin, its swf.. so no good for Tablets etc...

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
pranshu14

by pranshu14 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 am

Destiny wrote:Hi.. It looks like small ShadowBox's... Did you know that PTP V2 offers easy solutions.. It has its own KolorBox with many options...

There are other ways to do this too using JS, but its not easy, PTP V2 is easy.. http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/js/content/virtualtour.html

Destiny

Can you help me about how you created the scrolling text field in the PTP 2.0
I bought the PTP 2.0 and trying to find that setting in hotspot options but could not find it.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:36 am

Well thats an easy process.. Just add a WebSite Box, then add a HotSpot and link it to it.. Make your WebSite Box Smallish and then type your text in a new html page.. Even add an image if you want.. Probably type it in a table.. Make a note of the width and set your WebSite Box to match.. You can use a Simple Buttons too.. Add your hotspot onto the pano and build.. Make sure you set the WebSite Box to auto scroll..

Destiny..

PS.. At the moment there are no provisions to allow for custom Text Colour, or Fonts types for the Title, but I believe its WIP so coming... Anyway.. Quick demo....

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/TopSecretPTP-V2-Alpha18/ScrollingTextBox.html

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 pm

pranshu14 wrote:
Destiny wrote:Hi.. It looks like small ShadowBox's... Did you know that PTP V2 offers easy solutions.. It has its own KolorBox with many options...

Destiny

Can you help me about how you created the scrolling text field in the PTP 2.0
I bought the PTP 2.0 and trying to find that setting in hotspot options but could not find it.

It would be best to post questions about PTP 2.x on the Kolor VIProom forum which is deciatde to PTP 2.x.

There are any ways to display a scrolling text box with PTP 2.x.

You can also use the multi-instance text zone/Description plugin to display a description invoked from the appropriate button a Contiol bar, of via hotspot, or via a Simple button control.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
pranshu14

by pranshu14 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Destiny wrote:Well thats an easy process.. Just add a WebSite Box, then add a HotSpot and link it to it.. Make your WebSite Box Smallish and then type your text in a new html page.. Even add an image if you want.. Probably type it in a table.. Make a note of the width and set your WebSite Box to match.. You can use a Simple Buttons too.. Add your hotspot onto the pano and build.. Make sure you set the WebSite Box to auto scroll..

Destiny..

PS.. At the moment there are no provisions to allow for custom Text Colour, or Fonts types for the Title, but I believe its WIP so coming... Anyway.. Quick demo....

I accept that I am very poor in coding and don't know how should I make website box with html coding. I was thinking that there will be some inbuild pluging for it.
There is one pluging to display text description of the current hotspot but it is not showing any text on clicking it.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 pm

pranshu14 wrote:
Destiny wrote:Well thats an easy process.. Just add a WebSite Box, then add a HotSpot and link it to it.. Make your WebSite Box Smallish and then type your text in a new html page.. Even add an image if you want.. Probably type it in a table.. Make a note of the width and set your WebSite Box to match.. You can use a Simple Buttons too.. Add your hotspot onto the pano and build.. Make sure you set the WebSite Box to auto scroll..

Destiny..

I accept that I am very poor in coding and don't know how should I make website box with html coding. I was thinking that there will be some inbuild pluging for it.

There are any number of cheap/free visual web page editors available. It will be worth your while learning how to build simple web pages because the Web site box feature in PTP 2.x is a very powerful addition.

There is one pluging to display text description of the current hotspot but it is not showing any text on clicking it.

The Description plugin is rather more powerful than that, it is a multi-instance plugin.

I've answered your related post on the VIProom forum.

Let's continue this discussion there.
Andrew Stephens

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8