Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:05 am 

Hi All,

I'm using the "Panotour Pro 1.8" to create a virtual tour for our organization's compound. As we have many buildings I want to create a project for the buildings from outside. Then a Project to each building from inside.

But how can I link the the hotspot from the main project (outside) with the building inside project?? Note that each building also has more than one gate.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am 

Welcome to the forum...

This would be easier using PTP 2.x which makes it relatively easy to create a URL link to a particular pano/scene within a tour.

Using PTP 1.8 I might struture this differently and have a project/tour for each building - which includes both outside and inside - the have a separate 'top-levl' project tour that acts as a 'map' to the other building-specific tours/prjects.

You you use a planar image - say a graphic representation of the compound as a whole with small labelled images of each building which are hotspots that link to that building's tour/project.

Then add a logo/'button' to each building tour /project that would return the viewer to the top-level 'map' project/tour.

The top-level 'map' could of course not be a PTP tour/project at all but just a regular web page/site.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm 

adamali wrote:
Hi All,

I'm using the "Panotour Pro 1.8" to create a virtual tour for our organization's compound. As we have many buildings I want to create a project for the buildings from outside. Then a Project to each building from inside.

But how can I link the the hotspot from the main project (outside) with the building inside project?? Note that each building also has more than one gate.

Regards,

You just need to link the next project - no matter on which folder/server it is - by typing in it´s URL as a nameon a hotspot in the previous project.

I did that here: http://360impressions.de/WandelHalle/

The first scene is a completely different project - i set the hotspot´s URL to "call" the next scene: the big hall. This i shot a year before. That´s all. Completely independent from the PTP-version - i did it 2 years ago.

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:45 pm 

Thanks for reply,

klausesser: What you did is great, but in my case the building has many gates (which will be in the outdoor tour) and the viewer can click on any gate that will lead him to inside the building, it should lead him to the correct place that he enter -virtually- from.

mediavets: When I purchase the software I have also the PTP2.0 licensee, but hence it is not released yet I didn't work on it ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:06 pm 

adamali wrote:
mediavets: When I purchase the software I have also the PTP2.0 licensee, but hence it is not released yet I didn't work on it ;).

No, it has not yet reached Final release form.

It is currently at Alpha 18 status, not far from a Beta release.

You can use your PTP 2.x license for production work at your own 'risk', PTP 2.x alpha 18 is not yet compklete and has some bugs, many others are doing so on that basis.

If you wish to experiment with PTP 2.x use the Contact form to ask Kolor to register you on the Kolor VIProom forum which has been set up to support testing and use of pre-release versions of PTP 2.x; there are currently over 500 people registered on that forum

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html

When registered on the VIProom forum you will be able to access download links for PTP 2.x and receive peer support with input from the developers.

You can install PTP 1.8 and PTP 2,.x on the same system.

There is limited compatibility between projects developed in PTP 1.8 and PTP 2.x.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.