Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 pm 

Hi there,

i am struggeling right now with the exact placing of a hotspot containing a video. I have a frame in the image and i would like to place the video just neat into it.
Although i have 30" monitor i just can not place the hotspot right on the edges of the frame. They are always off somehow and replacing them makes things even worse.

Is it possible to zoom in into the panorama when placing the hotspot edges in Panotour (1.8) to be able to really see the edges?
When viewing the panorama the user can zoom into the image and then the hotspot really does look ugly being not square and not really within the frame.

Any help is ver appreciated!

Cheers - Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 am 

Hi, have you tried going to full screen in the editor window... You can also use your mouse wheel to zoom in... I have found that if its not done right first time, deleat it and do it again.. Editing the ponits is painful....

I have asked for a feature request in PTP V2, where the user can pre-define the exact dimensions of the polygon in relation to the video, where the user sets the size and can use a centre node to drag the entire polygon into position....

Destiny

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 am 

It is a black art Peter.....I've tried it as well and since I use KRPANO directly which has an editor it sort of works.....but 100% exact placing still is a dream (and have a tube of Alkaseltzers at hand while trying)....Des's feature request sure makes sence. The problem is that euler (the video) and carthesian coà¶rdinates (the panorama sphere) have to be mixed and that means heavy processing and a lot of calculating especially if the destined (sorry Des :)) frame is not on the linear to the lens of the camera (damned even talking about it is complicated).

Greets, Ed.

I checked out your site Peter and nice work indeed. Some HDR is not to my taste (that happens) but technically it rocks big time.

Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Motorized Panohead of Canadian (ironware)/Dutch (electronics and software) construction.

Last edited by Artisan New on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am 

Not so sure it's in the too hard basket Ed.. The Cartesian Plane, or more properly named in the CAD world is the UCS, user coordinate system or Cartesian coordinate system which students often learn how to use from about year 8, which uses LIPS in Auto CAD programming which does work on irregular 3D objects too but that would include the Z value since the the Cartesian coordinate system uses the XY for 2D in these pairs of coordinates, meaning you need one X and one Y to provide a true 2D vector coordinate. However, the distorted points we see on a sphere are actually an illusion being placed on a sphere, but if I were to use flat images, this distortion is still apparent which is not unusual since ALL 3D displayed on a computer is an illusion.. Anyway, I am hopeful that my feature request will be realised at some stage since it makes sense and the Kolor boys are very smart.. Either that or I need to nag more... :lol:

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:57 pm 

Hi everybody,

@Destiny: thanks for the hint with the mouse wheel. I am using a tablet/pen and i never tried to zoom in with the mouse wheel (stupid me!). This makes life a lot easier!

@Artisan New: thanks very much for your compliments! HDR´s are sometimes just for fun and sometimes life has to be too colorful ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:36 pm 

Hey Peter,

I'm currently experimenting with a work flow using the xml code to hand editing hotspot links. On the build0.xml, build1.xml, build2.xml hotspot section, at the very end of the the line of code is the coordinates: ath="1.28469" atv="0.285714"
I've then created this equirectangular pano coordinate map, that details down to the 1º: http://i.imgur.com/F1DZKnD.png
(The actual file is too large demo easily online, so it's reduced in quality)

Here's a demo in VRtour format: http://www.atxcloud.com/wp-content/uploads/Panos/rnd/20130910_coordinate_map/coordinate_map_vrtour/coordinate%20map.html

VRtour format is not the best way to identify the coordiante. My work flow at the moment is:

- open the coordinate map in Photoshop (the coordiante map.psd has transparencies and two layers of inverted colors for ease of seeing in light & dark pano photo scenes).
- place pano photo scene as a layer underneath the coordinate map
- copy/paste & edit code for hotspot.
- tweak for perfection.

I'm dreaming of a plugin that would reveal the ath/atv coordinate in the VRtour mode so that I can easily tweak/edit the xml. Be nice to have that built into PTP gui.

If anybody is interested in the .psd file, email me and I will be happy to share a link to download a 8510x4255px. (should have made it in vector paths for best scale :rolleyes:, oh well, spent enough time on make this already.)

Cheers!

Last edited by ATXcloud on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.