Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hello all,
I am new in this forum and I would like to have some discussion on Panotour HTML5 export to be used with iOS.
My goal is to create a native app (on iOS) that run a virtual visit (using 360° view).
I was said I have to generate (for iOS) the visit with Panotour and to use it as resource in a native application to be run run in a UIwebView.

When running the app I can see the html file is found by the native app as the title is displayed on the screen. However the content is not displayed :(
When I analyse the content of the file generated by panotour I can see that there is swf file (flash). Thus I am wondering if my HTML5 generation with Panotour (version 1.8) is not correct or if I am doing something wrong in my app .... ?

If anyone could give me a hand that would be wonderful.
Thanks in advance

(I am using Panotour Pro 1.8 running on windows 7)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 pm 

estevio wrote:
Hello all,
I am new in this forum and I would like to have some discussion on Panotour HTML5 export to be used with iOS.
My goal is to create a native app (on iOS) that run a virtual visit (using 360° view).
I was said I have to generate (for iOS) the visit with Panotour and to use it as resource in a native application to be run run in a UIwebView.

When running the app I can see the html file is found by the native app as the title is displayed on the screen. However the content is not displayed :(
When I analyse the content of the file generated by panotour I can see that there is swf file (flash). Thus I am wondering if my HTML5 generation with Panotour (version 1.8) is not correct or if I am doing something wrong in my app .... ?

If anyone could give me a hand that would be wonderful.
Thanks in advance

(I am using Panotour Pro 1.8 running on windows 7)

Welcome to the forum....

If in Tour Build settings you select only Mobile devices Tour then no SWF files are created at all - See screenshot.

There is a swfobject folder but that contains a javascript file.

Perhaps the iBooks widget 'thing' is relevant to your needs?

From dodumenation:

"iBook Widget - Checking this option creates a virtual tour as a dynamic widget that can be embedded to an iBook via the iBooks Author application."

I know nothing about it so someone else would have to respond to any questions you may have about it.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm 

Many thanks for your reply.
I'll double check the tour generation via panotour.
Concerning iBook in fact I would the application to be a native application playing the virtual tour not an iBook version.

I'll come back with my check result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:12 pm 

estevio wrote:
Many thanks for your reply.
I'll double check the tour generation via panotour.

Don't be put off when it 'says' something like 'Exporting in Flash' - it isn't, if you have only selected Mobile device Tour, and not also Desktop tour.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm 

Hello,

Back with my verification and I have now a folder generated without swf file but a js file, thanks.
However my problem is that it is not running at all...:(
With the previous generated version (containing the flash file) I was able to see the result on safari but not on the iPhone.
Now with the js generated file I cannot see it running correctly neither on safari nor on the iPhone ... :/

Could you please tell me if such generated solution can run correctly on a browser (internet explorer, safari or any other ...) ?
This can be a first check to understand where I am doing something wrong ...

Many thanks for your help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:17 pm 

estevio wrote:
Hello,

Back with my verification and I have now a folder generated without swf file but a js file, thanks.
With the previous generated version (containing the flash file) I was able to see the result on safari but not on the iPhone.
Now with the js generated file I cannot see it running correctly neither on safari nor on the iPhone ... :/

Could you please tell me if such generated solution can run correctly on a browser (internet explorer, safari or any other ...) ?

In Safari set the browser user agent to one of the iDevice options and you should be able to view your HTML5 tour via the HTML file created when you built the tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 pm 

I have the same problem and in the html file generated we may see that it refers to the swf even if it has not been generated.
Should we create a specific html for the HTML5 genration, or generate without an html model ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 pm 

Welcome to the forum...

pat06 wrote:
I have the same problem

What problem? I've just demonstrated that if you set the the Safari browser user-agent correctly then you can view the HTML5 version of the tour.

Quote:
and in the html file generated we may see that it refers to the swf even if it has not been generated.
Should we create a specific html for the HTML5 genration, or generate without an html model ?

When creating tours using PTP 1.8 ...unless you have some specific reason for not generating both the Flash (desktop) and HTML5 (mobile device) versions of a tour then I recommend doing that.

When you do that always choose one of the HTML template options and view the tour via the HTML file created when you build the tour.

The HTML file invokes a script that detects the browser user-agent. If it is an iDevice user agent then it will load the HTML5 version of the tour, otherwise it will attempt to load the Flash version of the tour.

PTP 2.x (currently at Alpha 17 status) offers much wider mobile device support and more control over which version of the tour is loaded.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm 

mediavets wrote:
estevio wrote:
Hello,

In Safari set the browser user agent to one of the iDevice options and you should be able to view your HTML5 tour via the HTML file created when you built the tour.

Ok thanks.
It works like a charm thanks :)

So my problem is in my xcode project ... :/
I am adding the virtual tour as a resources in my project and use a UIWebView to display it.
I can only see the title of my HTML file but the tour is not displayed I only have a blank screen ... :(

Could you give me a hand on that?

Many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm 

estevio wrote:
I am adding the virtual tour as a resources in my project and use a UIWebView to display it.
I can only see the title of my HTML file but the tour is not displayed I only have a blank screen ... :(

Many thanks.

Sorry, no...I don't know anything about Mac 'stuff'.

Is this of any interest to you?:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/p118315-2013-06-28-16-14-59#p118315

Or this?:

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9635

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 am 

mediavets wrote:
estevio wrote:

Many thanks.

Sorry, no...I don't know anything about Mac 'stuff'.

Is this of any interest to you?:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/p118315-2013-06-28-16-14-59#p118315

Or this?:

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9635

Thanks for your support. This was a problem in my UIWebView implementation ... I restarted from zero and it now works fine!
Many thanks