Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm 

Hi I'm new to the forum and not trained very well in Panotour 1.8. I have a question. Is it possible to rename the folder where the files are stored? Or something already solved in the program? Apparently I can not write out xml files in the Panotour 1.8 version. Will there be this way in the Panotour 2.0 version? If I want to make a tour on a website, it does not always make sense to use the same name. Sometimes you do not want to break anything in the folder structure. I think it would be very expensive to update to the PRO version for such a funktion. I thank you for your answers.

Cya Varilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm 

Varilux wrote:
Hi I'm new to the forum and not trained very well in Panotour 1.8. I have a question. Is it possible to rename the folder where the files are stored? Or something already solved in the program? If I want to make a tour on a website, it does not always make sense to use the same name. Sometimes you do not want to break anything in the folder structure. I think it would be very expensive to update to the PRO version for such a funktion.

Welcome to the forum...

Yes, of course. use the Build tour as.. option - see screenshot below.

Quote:
Apparently I can not write out xml files in the Panotour 1.8 version. Will there be this way in the Panotour 2.0 version?

You need the Pro version - of 1.8 and/or 2.x - to be able to externalise the XML files.

Do you need to be able to access the XML files?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 pm 

I think it would be good to say how the folder structure should be create, ie. the name of the folders should be.
I think this is only possible if I can modify the xml file. It would be good, if I could set it already in the program,
even if I have no way to change that be later. Nevertheless, many thanks for the reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:18 pm 

Varilux wrote:
I think it would be good to say how the folder structure should be create, ie. the name of the folders should be.
I think this is only possible if I can modify the xml file. It would be good, if I could set it already in the program,
even if I have no way to change that be later. Nevertheless, many thanks for the reply.

Hi!

The folder-structure is created by the app the moment you hit "build". Do not change it!! But as Andrew already mentioned - and which i didn´t know:
you need PanoTourPro to have editable XML generated.

Kannst Du mal genau (!) bechreiben, was Du erreichen willst? Willst Du die Steuerung des Ablaufs im XML à¤ndern?

best, Klaus

Hier die Ordnerstruktur, die PTP (!) von selbst erzeugt:

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 pm 

Varilux wrote:

The naming of the folders depends on the name you choose to give the SWF file - when using the Build tour as.... option - which is also that given to the HTML file.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm 

Hello Klaus,

my english isn't very well, sorry. My question was, if I have a chance to build a xml file with the standard panotour program or an other chance to change the folder names.
If I understand it correct, I have the opportunity to change the names of the folders, where the pictures are saved. Normally that is no problem,
but I try something where I have the arrangement to note the folder names in the project.

german:
Hallo Klaus,

mein Englisch ist nicht sehr gut, Entschuldigung. Meine Frage war, ob ich eine Chance habe, mit dem Standard Panotour Programm eine XML-Datei herauszuschreiben,
um die Chance zu haben die Ordnernamen zu à¤ndern, in der die benà¶tigten Bilder liegen (oder ob es irgend eine andere Mà¶glichkeit gibt).
Wenn ich es richtig verstehe bzw. gelesen habe, habe ich die Mà¶glichkeit, die Namen der Ordner mittels einer xml Datei zu à¤ndern.
Normalerweise ist der Standard Export kein Problem, aber ich versuche etwas, wo ich die Anordnung habe, die Ordnernamen der Projektstruktur zu beachten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:11 pm 

Varilux wrote:
my english isn't very well, sorry. My question was, if I have a chance to build a xml file with the standard panotour program

No, you cannot externalise and access the XML files using the standard version of Panotour.

Quote:
or an other chance to change the folder names.
If I understand it correct, I have the opportunity to change the names of the folders, where the pictures are saved. Normally that is no problem, but I try something where I have the arrangement to note the folder names in the project.

Yes, you can influence/change the file and folder names to some extent - see series of screenshots below perhaps the 'will 'explain' better than by written English?

But you cannot later rename anything except the folder that contaions all teh tour file and the HTML file, and you must retain the fiolder structure as created by PTP

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.