Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hi there,

Quick question that I'm wondering if someone cal help with. I've had a look around and can't see much info on this.

Does anyone know if I can use the KRPANO navigation template in panotour? Is there a simple way to do this? It looks much more sleek. I'm looking to use the below navigation which appears on these tours by a British company, i've seen a number of different tours with this interface.

http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/

Thanks,
Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:03 pm 

Hey there,

Anyone have any ideas? :)

If not, would anyone suggest somewhere else that I could find out more information. I've downloaded the trial from KRpano, but I find it much more difficult to use when compared to Panotour. The only thing I like about it is the default navigation bar that appears at the bottom. It would be great to integrate this into my panotour output.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 pm 

Ruggedowl wrote:
Hey there,

Anyone have any ideas? :)

If not, would anyone suggest somewhere else that I could find out more information. I've downloaded the trial from KRpano, but I find it much more difficult to use when compared to Panotour. The only thing I like about it is the default navigation bar that appears at the bottom. It would be great to integrate this into my panotour output.

Thank you!

What does it look like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 pm 

Welcome to the fourm...

Ruggedowl wrote:
Hi there,

Quick question that I'm wondering if someone cal help with. I've had a look around and can't see much info on this.
Does anyone know if I can use the KRPANO navigation template in panotour?

No.
Quote:
Is there a simple way to do this?

No.

Quote:
It looks much more sleek. I'm looking to use the below navigation which appears on these tours by a British company, i've seen a number of different tours with this interface.

http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/

Thanks,
Charlie

There are more nav bar options with PTP 2.x.

Do you have a PTP 2.x license?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:29 pm 

Thanks for your response Andrew.

I don't have a PTP 2.0 license, currently working with 1.8. I will consider upgrading, but I was under the impression that it is yet to be released?

From some reading I have done on the KRpano forums, I thought that I would simply be able to drop some of the XML code that KRpano outputs onto the XML file that PTP creates in order to use the KRpano skin. I don't have any experience in code so hoped there might be a simple way to do this.

Thanks for your help. I'll research version 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 pm 

Ruggedowl wrote:
Thanks for your response Andrew.

I don't have a PTP 2.0 license, currently working with 1.8. I will consider upgrading,

I thought perhaps you'd acquired your PTP licenses very recently in which case you would also receive a PTP 2.x license

Quote:
but I was under the impression that it is yet to be released?

True...PTP 2.x is currently in Alpha 15 stage of development - incomplete with some bugs. But you can trial it, indeed you can even buy a license and use it as-is for production work.

So many people begged Kolor to make licenses available that they have.

If you wish to trial it then use the contact form to ask Kolor to register you on the Kolor VIProom forum set up to support PTP 2.x pre-release testing and use, when yiouy will find downlaod links and peer support (ther are now nearly 400 registerd in that forum), with input from the developers.

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html

Quote:
From some reading I have done on the KRpano forums, I thought that I would simply be able to drop some of the XML code that KRpano outputs onto the XML file that PTP creates in order to use the KRpano skin. I don't have any experience in code so hoped there might be a simple way to do this.

I don't consider any XML code hacking to be 'simple'.

I believe that the krpano MakeVT droplets generate code that's structured quite differently from that created by PTP 1.8. And the code created by PTP 2.x is also structrued quite differenly from that created by PTP 1.8.

I expect it is possible by editing the XML created by PTP 1.8 but be aware that such changes will be overwritten each time you build the tour. And should you succeed it's unlikely that the experience and technique will be transferable to PTP 2.x.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:47 pm 

mediavets wrote:
I expect it is possible by editing the XML created by PTP 1.8 but be aware that such changes will be overwritten each time you build the tour. And should you succeed it's unlikely that the experience and technique will be transferable to PTP 2.x.

You can edit the templates in PTP 1.8 for having some personalized appearance without loosing your edits with each and every new project. But this doesn´t go far enough. Some vital items i didn´t find how to personalize at all.

But some things work.

Once again the "documentation" is ridiculously kind of saying that a transition is a transition - wow . . big deal.
Using the link to the KRPano site the new PTP user ecounters very much knowledge - most of it he can´t even understand.

So to be honest: he - the user - might leave PTP alone and use KRPano instead . . regarding that he anyway needs to learn the use of KRPanotools and XML.

So a new PTP user "sits between all the chairs" as we say over here. He gets no help from Kolor and needs to fully rely on getting help from other users in the forum.

That works ok - but it woud be up to Kolor to support it´s clients with a tiny bit more than stating the most impressing wisdom that a transtion is a transition . . .

Klaus

I use "architectural view" in all of my indoor panos/tours. But i need to edit it in each single XML of each scene. The setting of the same type of projection should be possible in the basic template to use it on all
scenes of a tour. No way.

An example what´s the "documentation" looks like regarding the somewhat complex and dominating the visual appearance transitions:

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm 

klausesser wrote:
So to be honest: he - the user - might leave PTP alone and use KRPano instead . . regarding that he anyway needs to learn the use of KRPanotools and XML.

The goal of PTP is to enable the production of virtual tours WITHOUT recourse to XML command coding.

PTP 2.x enables much more to be achieved via the GUI than PTP 1.8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 pm 

This was 13 months ago:
http://www.slideshare.net/kolor_company/alexandre-jenny-presents-autopano-30-panotour-20-and-livepano-at-nyc2012-conference
and now it's not even i beta !

8 months ago I was wrong guessing it would be out summer 2013
http://www.kolor.com/forum/p109077-2012-12-23-12-19-33#p109077

I have not seen anything like this before ! maybe with exception of some MS windows versions.
today it seems like ver 2.00 will be out for christmas (2013, I hope)

leifs