Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 am 

Hi All,

I want to achieve something similar to this but without using Panopress as the tour won't be hosted on a Wordpress site.
http://www.panopress.org/examples/pano2vr-examples/

Basically I want to display a preview image that when clicked gets replaced with the actual virtual tour.

I'm sure this is very simple to achieve but as I'm not a coder any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jonathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 pm 

Not an expert (and others will kindly advise me on this!) but perhaps it could be acheived through HTML linking the static image to a SWF window that is the same size and location as the static pic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:39 pm 

I never could get Panopress to scale responsively with my Wordpress theme, so I do something very similar. I create a preview image with a big play button in the middle via Photoshop, and link the static image to the virtual tour with a standard HTML link. This results in the tour playing full screen after clicking the preview photo in a new tab or window, but that suits me just fine. I'm sure there's a way to define a size and location in a frame or something if you didn't want it to open a new tab or window, but I'm not a coding expert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:33 am 

UK Pano wrote:
Not an expert (and others will kindly advise me on this!) but perhaps it could be acheived through HTML linking the static image to a SWF window that is the same size and location as the static pic?

Thanks for your response. I think this is the way to do it... I'm just not sure on what the code would be. Can anybody assist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:37 am 

try something like this to create an iframe that contains a jpg and a link to replace the jpg with a panorama, use absolute paths if necessary, adjust iframe size as needed

Code:
<iframe src="path/my-pano.jpg" name="iframe-pano-1"></iframe>
<p><a href="path/my-pano.htm" target="iframe-pano-1">VIEW PANORAMA</a></p>

PanoPress is working fine in my testing w responsive wordpress themes, you need to set the height & width to 100% in panopress settings and add your own media queries to your css like this -

Code:
@media screen and (min-width: 980px)
{
 .pp-embed
{
 height:800px !important;
 width:400px !important;
}
}

@media screen and (min-width: 1200px)
{
 .pp-embed
{
 height:1000px !important;
 width:500px !important;
}
}

// etc...

you will need to specify queries for different screen devices and sizes and set the heght and width as desired per query, don't forget the the "!important" declaration

see these links for more media query examples and info

https://gist.github.com/marcobarbosa/798569

http://arcsec.ca/media-query-builder/

sam

Last edited by Sam Rohn on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.