Upgrade to Panotour Pro 2  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ipnotica

by ipnotica » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm

ok so i appoligize for getting upset. i am logging into vip room and following directions to try livepano. i hope i can give this thing a try. if you guys need help with writing your website instructions for your 2.0 i volunteer so people like me arent confused on why you are offering a prerelease purchase

no avatar
Artisan New

by Artisan New » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Yeah, writing groundbreaking software is alas backbreaking work. And personally I like the way Kolor handles this (except for the somewhat unintentionally misleading upgrade scheme). But by using a small group of selected users for feedback and UAT (user acceptance testing) shows IMHO they are taking the customer serious, a verry Rhinelandian thing to do (I'm not expecting everyone to understand this :), but some management training and presto your in the loop). I've seen bigger companies sell me (or better the big shot banking dudes who hired my services) software as RTM (ready to market) that I would not even take to the fish market (though it damned well smelled fishy). It's always nice if software actually runs right? And not in the form of a CD rolling downhill until even that crashes.

Greets, Ed.
Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Motorized Panohead of Canadian (ironware)/Dutch (electronics and software) construction.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Artisan New wrote:Yeah, writing groundbreaking software is alas backbreaking work. And personally I like the way Kolor handles this (except for the somewhat unintentionally misleading upgrade scheme). But by using a small group of selected users for feedback and UAT (user acceptance testing) shows IMHO they are taking the customer serious, a verry Rhinelandian thing to do (I'm not expecting everyone to understand this :), but some management training and presto your in the loop). I've seen bigger companies sell me (or better the big shot banking dudes who hired my services) software as RTM (ready to market) that I would not even take to the fish market (though it damned well smelled fishy). It's always nice if software actually runs right? And not in the form of a CD rolling downhill until even that crashes.

Greets, Ed.

and the FATs are very popular too (in the hope no more rollback to additional UATs are needed)
(working in a bank...)
Georg

PS: FAT = Final Acceptance Tests
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8