How to make this menu  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
dalvenjah

How to make this menu

by dalvenjah » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:15 am

Hello, the site will show you an example, this is how the menu so that the sides can be done on the site?

http://www.livhospital.com.tr/sanal-tur/tr.html

no avatar
dalvenjah

by dalvenjah » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:22 am

I do not know english, I am writing with converter

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:46 am

right mouseclick in your pano.... it is done with krpano from krpano.com.
Georg

no avatar
dalvenjah

by dalvenjah » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:10 am

I say it has a large menu on the left side

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 am

dalvenjah wrote:I say it has a large menu on the left side

It was hand coded for krpano - it was not created with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
dalvenjah

by dalvenjah » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 am

codes that were added to the menu is created

( inverter does not complete sentences for writing ) I can not tell the problem
Last edited by dalvenjah on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 am

dalvenjah wrote:codes that were added to the menu is created

( inverter does not complete sentences for writing ) I can not tell the problem

try it in your language, so we can make google translations to our motherlanguages...
Georg

no avatar
Ute

by Ute » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Ich denke, er mà¶chte wisse, wie man das Menue auf der linken Seite erstellt
greatings Ute

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Georg,
I was just browsing randomly the forum and opened that thread. I have been using Panotour pro since one year and have been very happy with its simplicity of usage to create "decent" virtual tour. However, end of september I'll have to shoot a tour for a private school and they are looking at something a bit more "classy and/or designed". After seeing the tour of that hospital, well, I can say I find it simple but very nice and I'm pretty sure they would like it. I love that menu on the side and especially the thumbnail stack at the bottom. I find very very frustrating not being able in panotour 1.8 to display a "simple" thumbnail from the place instead of the stitched picture that is very hard to understand for newbies eyes and very confusing. Anyway, that's not my point.
I was kind of wondering how difficult is it to create a template like this in krpano ? is that possible for example to create a "base" in panotour and then optimize it with codes to reach a similar result than shown in this tour ?

To be actually honnest code is not exactly my cup of tea. When I see for example xml files.... brrrrr. :)
Does anyone know if there's some people out there that offer affordable services to create this kind of templates ?

Thanks to every upcoming contribution !
All the best

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 pm

f-visuals wrote:I find very very frustrating not being able in panotour 1.8 to display a "simple" thumbnail from the place instead of the stitched picture that is very hard to understand for newbies eyes and very confusing. Anyway, that's not my point.

You can make a screenshot of a view you want and swap it with the generated equirectangular thumbnail. You just need to edit the dimensions in the XML.

Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 pm

f-visuals wrote:Hi Georg,
I was just browsing randomly the forum and opened that thread. I have been using Panotour pro since one year and have been very happy with its simplicity of usage to create "decent" virtual tour. However, end of september I'll have to shoot a tour for a private school and they are looking at something a bit more "classy and/or designed". After seeing the tour of that hospital, well, I can say I find it simple but very nice and I'm pretty sure they would like it. I love that menu on the side and especially the thumbnail stack at the bottom. I find very very frustrating not being able in panotour 1.8 to display a "simple" thumbnail from the place instead of the stitched picture that is very hard to understand for newbies eyes and very confusing. Anyway, that's not my point.
I was kind of wondering how difficult is it to create a template like this in krpano ? is that possible for example to create a "base" in panotour and then optimize it with codes to reach a similar result than shown in this tour ?

To be actually honnest code is not exactly my cup of tea. When I see for example xml files.... brrrrr. :)
Does anyone know if there's some people out there that offer affordable services to create this kind of templates ?

All the best

Welcome to the forum...

I'd forget about that approach.

Instead check out PTP 2.x now available in alpha form - incomplete with some bugs - but useable, even for production work if you upgrade your license.

You can do much more with PTP 2.x in term of tour UI, for example it's simple to use custom thumbnails images.

PTP 2.x uses a different coding structure so any 'template' developed for PTP 1.8 wouldn't work with PTP 2.x anyway.

If you like to join 400+ others in testing/using PTP 2.x then use the contact forum to ask Kolor to register you on the Kolor VIProom forum set up to support testing and pre-relase use of PTP 2.x, wher you willfind downlaod links and can obtain peer support with developer input.

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:04 pm

f-visuals wrote:Does anyone know if there's some people out there that offer affordable services to create this kind of templates ?

Go to the KRPano forum and look for Falko Mueller aka "Iceman_fx". He´s good in that and asks a reasonable price.

best, Klaus

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7431&highlight=Iceman
http://www.fotodesign360.de/
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks both of you for your usefull input. Appreciated

One thing
klausesser wrote:You can make a screenshot of a view you want and swap it with the generated equirectangular thumbnail. You just need to edit the dimensions in the XML.Klaus

I really have no idea on how to do that :|. I've been looking at panotour interface and I don't see where you "swap" it. Is there a thread where something like this have been talked about ? if not any chance for a tuto ? or should I create a thread ?
Thanks very much.

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 am

Well after some research on the forum, seems I found it !
You "swap" in the graphic folder right ? for the size, well I like the 500x250px so I don't mind to let like this. I looked in xml but couldn't find the line(s) related. If someone know, please send a sample. I would be happy to know where to look.

Thanks all !

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

f-visuals wrote:Well after some research on the forum, seems I found it !
You "swap" in the graphic folder right ? for the size, well I like the 500x250px so I don't mind to let like this. I looked in xml but couldn't find the line(s) related. If someone know, please send a sample. I would be happy to know where to look.

Thanks all !

Look in the main XML file - the one with no numeric suffix.

But if you keep the same size I don't think you need to mess with the XML file, just match the filenames to the originally generated thumbnail images.

It is much simpler in PTP 2.x.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Went throught the area you were pointing in the main .xml... sounds better not changing the size :P
Do you have any idea on when the "commercial" version of panotour 2 will be released ? I know the beta version is accessible but I was just wondering.

Thanks anyway for the input
All the best

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:51 pm

f-visuals wrote:Do you have any idea on when the "commercial" version of panotour 2 will be released ? I know the beta version is accessible but I was just wondering.

No; PTP2.x is currently at alpha 16 status.

Upgrades fron PTP 1.8 are available now.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:48 pm

well, I upgraded from 1.8 to 2 and sent a request to be able using the beta version :P
Hope they'll answer quickly :rolleyes:
Cheers

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:10 pm

f-visuals wrote:Hi Georg,

All the best

you could put your own thumbnails in instead. Just save as the same filenames. Or just crop the generated thumbnails.
Richard Hart
Commercial and portrait photographer OC California
http://www.richhartphoto.com

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Richard Hart
Commercial and portrait photographer OC California
http://www.richhartphoto.com

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8