Dumb questions regarding videos  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
flowmotion

Dumb questions regarding videos

by flowmotion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Hello guys,

me again, asking another dump question or 2.

Well - i ´d like to present some little video snippets in the panorama explaining the functionality of the kitchens i photographed.
I once did it with photos in one of the older versions - there opened a "window" in the panorama and screened a picture. No idea how that was done - Now i tried to do the same with a youtube video or a video file from my HDD -

I can not get it work. I only get failures, or i even can´t reach the pano with that hotspot, or the tour freezes.

Can you please help some one who seems to be too stupid for this`?

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi.. Not stupid, since its quite complicated..

Unless you have coding skills, my suggestion would be to place a url on a hotspot to open a YouTube video web site....

I put a YouTube vid thumb set on this Pano.. Hotspot on the right side of the door.. You need to close the vid before opening the next..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/YouTube/WinnebagoDemoTest.html

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
flowmotion

by flowmotion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Destiny,

thanks for fast responding. Well that´s not exactly what i meant. My "dream" would be to have a little kind of - lightbox (?) - means pano is getting darker and a small frame comes up where the video is screened inside.
I could google for lightbox but really have no Idea what the guys are trying to tell me in this posts. :D

But if it would be possible to customize your solutio in height, color and these things it could be an option.

What sucks most is, that i had done it before via images. And i am sure we did it with an old PTP Version, but i have no idea how... you can see here:

http://textilfotografie.de/vr_tour_flowmotion/flowmotion.html

go to the 2nd pano and click on one of the images at the wall....

I meant that needs to work with videos also - doesn´t it?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

flowmotion wrote:Hello guys,

me again, asking another dump question or 2.

Well - i ´d like to present some little video snippets in the panorama explaining the functionality of the kitchens i photographed.
I once did it with photos in one of the older versions - there opened a "window" in the panorama and screened a picture. No idea how that was done - Now i tried to do the same with a youtube video or a video file from my HDD -

I can not get it work. I only get failures, or i even can´t reach the pano with that hotspot, or the tour freezes.

Can you please help some one who seems to be too stupid for this`?

Can I safely assume you have Panotour Pro? You need Pro to use audio and video content in a tour.

Also be aware that video is not supported in iDevice compatible tours at the moment; only for Flash-enabled platforms..

Forget using a YouTube video it's too tricky for you to implement with V1.8; requires a lot of handcoding and special knowldge.

So use a video file from local HDD.

You can Link it from a Point, Polygon or Rectangular spot, as a Link/Object when it will 'pop-up' when the hotspot is clicked; screenshot 1.

Or, Embed it in the pano scene on a Rectangular hotspot, as the Display/Object; Typically used to place video on a TV screen in a pano scene - screenshot 2.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
flowmotion

by flowmotion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi - yes - i definitely use ptp

ok, i think i´ll try that. What happens, when s.b. enters with an i - device? Is it just whiped away, or crashes the pano?

no avatar
flowmotion

by flowmotion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Oh man - it works... that is awesome.
I did exactly the same before and it did not work. I guess the video file was corrupt :=)

Ok - now we only have the i device question, that hast to be cleared. I mean, it would be wondergreat if we could get it running on he ipad.
If we export this videofile as a mp4 - might that work?

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

:rolleyes: .... but thats what it is.. and it also works on iDevices.. DId you click on the right hotspot at the front of the RV...??
Works just as well with a single YouTube.. I just put multiple thumbs to avoid adding multiple hotspots.

Destiny..

flowmotion wrote:Hi Destiny,

thanks for fast responding. Well that´s not exactly what i meant. My "dream" would be to have a little kind of - lightbox (?) - means pano is getting darker and a small frame comes up where the video is screened inside.
I could google for lightbox but really have no Idea what the guys are trying to tell me in this posts. :D

But if it would be possible to customize your solutio in height, color and these things it could be an option.

What sucks most is, that i had done it before via images. And i am sure we did it with an old PTP Version, but i have no idea how... you can see here:

http://textilfotografie.de/vr_tour_flowmotion/flowmotion.html

go to the 2nd pano and click on one of the images at the wall....

I meant that needs to work with videos also - doesn´t it?
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
flowmotion

by flowmotion » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 am

did not get your last post.... sorry.

/DId you click on the right hotspot at the front of the RV...??
Works just as well with a single YouTube.. I just put multiple thumbs to avoid adding multiple hotspots. )

can you explain for a non native speaker?

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 am

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am

That may not be quite what the OP is looking for; or is it and your pano in the background is just completely obscured?

What he wants is:

"My "dream" would be to have a little kind of - lightbox (?) - means pano is getting darker and a small frame comes up where the video is screened inside. "
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
leifs

by leifs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 am

some day I will try to integrate video into my panos
then I would like to do it like this :)
http://www.hdrl.ru/files/360/Dynaudio/virtualtour.html

leifs
Olympus OM-D E-M1, Panasonic 8mm f3.5 fisheye, Leica 25mm f1.4, Olympus 75mm f1.8, Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L
Seitz VRdrive2
Intel i7 980X, 48GB RAM, Win7 64bit, SSD RAIDs

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am

leifs wrote:some day I will try to integrate video into my panos
then I would like to do it like this :)

leifs

To display a video file you have on local disk - not live streaming video or on-demand Web video such as YouTube - that's easy.

You just draw a Rectangular hotspot and specify the video file as the hotspot Display/Object.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
flowmotion

by flowmotion » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 am

that is sooooo cool -
does it work on mobile devices?

no avatar
Gund

by Gund » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 am

They have a nice video inside called "Gays of our city" in which they explain how some kind of an electric device works - where is the meaning?

no avatar
lozanno

by lozanno » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 am

Hi fellows. To use a video file as an object using the display option. Must be a specific format?
Question because I have tried .mov, .mpeg and nothing show up in the VR. Also the video files are located in the ptp build folder.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 am

lozanno wrote:Hi fellows. To use a video file as an object using the display option. Must be a specific format?
Question because I have tried .mov, .mpeg and nothing show up in the VR.

The supported video formats are shown when you select the video file - see screenshot.

But this could be a CODEC issue I suppose; what OS are you using and how are you creating the video.

Which version of PTP 1.8 are you using and with which OS?

Are you selecting the video file as a Link/Object or a Display/Object?

And what OS and browser are you using to view the tour?

Are you veiwing the tour online or from local disk?

Also the video files are located in the ptp build folder.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

It doesn't matter where the source video file is - it will be copied and renamed when incorporated into the tour on Build.

But be aware that even if you choose to embed all data - and I recomnmend that you don't - video and audio files are never embedded.

Finally mobile-compatible tours created using PTP 1.8 do not support video on iDevices.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
lozanno

by lozanno » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you mediavets, I began with some .mov files, then convert .mov in smaller files .m4v and are now showing perfectly. My guess is that PTP does not support big video files. Anyway who want to place a +500mb movie into a VT.

Solved! :D

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:54 am

lozanno wrote:Thank you mediavets, I began with some .mov files, then convert .mov in smaller files .m4v and are now showing perfectly. My guess is that PTP does not support big video files. Anyway who want to place a +500mb movie into a VT.

Solved! :D

PTP 1.8 will probably allow large video files...but it will download the entire file before displying any video so it may take some time before you see the video if the tour is online and the video file is huge.

PTP 2.x allows you to display linked YouTube videos via its Video box plugin..
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
lozanno

by lozanno » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 am

By the way! Any update about PTP 2?
Can't wait to use and explore all the features.

I read in some forum pages about the availability in beta version. Do you have a link to try it?

Thanks for all.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:20 am

lozanno wrote:By the way! Any update about PTP 2?
Can't wait to use and explore all the features.

I read in some forum pages about the availability in beta version. Do you have a link to try it?

Thanks for all.

If you wish to try - or use for production work - PTP 2.x then use the Contact form:

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html

and ask Kolor to register you on the Kolor VIProom forum set up to support pre-release testing and use of PTP 2.x where you will find download links and can obtain peer support, and developer input.

PTP 2.x is currently at Alpha 14 state - incomplete with some bugs - but so many wanted to use it warts-n-all for production work that Kolor decided to make licenses available and you can upgrade via your Kolor web store account.

http://www.kolor.com/updates.html
Andrew Stephens

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8