Greetings!!! Newbie here - Bing Maps Question :)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
rawtoast

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Greetings!!! Newbie here - Bing Maps Question :)

by rawtoast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my PTP a few days ago. I am just trying to use the PanoTour Maps Bing feature.

Right now, when I have my PTP 1.8 open and use the PanoTour Maps "Extra" feature, only google will come up. I have put in Bing Maps as my layer and have entered a key from BingMapsPortal.

Any idea why a BingMap does not come up in my interface after entering a key and putting Bing Maps in my drop down menu for that specific layer?

I have purchased the BingMaps plug in from KRPano, so I have the license. The instructions were to put the bingmaps.license file with the actual bingmaps SWF. When I realized that I had the license but was unsure where to find the bingmap plugin, I had to look around and I eventually found the BingMap plugin by going to KRPano again, and downloading their krpanotoos-1.0.8.15, and went into Templates/xml/plugins to find it.

Does anyone have any advice for me or clarification of what's going on?

Thanks so much! I look forward on leaning on the veterans in here to get me through the early days of using PTP.

Cheers - thanks.

RawToast

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 am

Hello,

Are you testing your tour on your local host ?
If yes, you have to set your tour in a "trusted directory", as the PanotourMaps plugin will do some internet calls to get the map tiles from Bing servers :
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_Pro_-_Prerequisites

Gérald

no avatar
rawtoast

Topic author
Info

by rawtoast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi Gérald,

Thank you for the reply! I uploaded the tour to see if I would see the BingMap on my remote server, and it was indeed there :) Thanks! But as far as being able to see the BingMap layer locally, it is not showing up. I have gone to my Flash Global Security settings and have allowed the entire hard drive that my PTP files reside on to be "allowed" as a trusted directory. I have even gone into the actual BUILD tour and found the swf in there to allow it to be viewed locally.

Any idea why only the google map is coming up in my PTP interface? When other users pull down options on Map Layer, do those layers show up normally in the interface? I noticed that my hostpots were off from where I positioned them in the Google Map (which is the only choice/layer that shows up) and the actual BingMap layer that I uploaded. It would be nice to be able to just work off the actual BingMap layer within the PTP interface.

Any advice :)???? Thanks again.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello,

Inside PTP only the GoogleMap layer is used. Whatever the layer you choosed for the tour.
GPS coordinates are the same whatever the layer.
What changes is the "satellite" view, as Bing and Google do not use the same tiles. Therefore the angle of the shoot is not the same on Bing and Google.

I would recommend to never use the satellite view to place spots. Google and Bing always update those tiles with newer ones. The newer ones may have been shot with a different angle than the ones on which you set the spots.
So if you set a spot on a building, when Google or Bing will update their tiles, maybe those spots will be in the street.
The only layer on which the spots will not "move" is the map layer.

Gérald

no avatar
rawtoast

Topic author
Info

by rawtoast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks so much for the prompt supply! I'm learnin ;)

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm

rawtoast wrote:I have purchased the BingMaps plug in from KRPano, so I have the license. The instructions were to put the bingmaps.license file with the actual bingmaps SWF. When I realized that I had the license but was unsure where to find the bingmap plugin, I had to look around and I eventually found the BingMap plugin by going to KRPano again, and downloading their krpanotoos-1.0.8.15, and went into Templates/xml/plugins to find it.

You didn't need that license.

The krpano Bing Maps plugin is a different thing from the built-in Panotour Maps feature in PTP.

Panotour Maps only works in Flash tours.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
rawtoast

Topic author
Info

by rawtoast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Darn! Thanks for sharing.

Will there be any benefits of owning the Bing Maps plug in from KRPano?

Thanks for sharing.

no avatar
rawtoast

Topic author
Info

by rawtoast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Well - it's not my favorite tour, since I do not like doing Real Estate as much as I like to do nature, people, or "sexy" businesses - but it was a great opportunity for me to get my feet wet with PanoTour Pro :)

My first tour - http://bayareavr.com/client/colliers/2625shadelands

Thanks for the help and quick replies. Cheers.