Panotour 2.0  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour 2.0

by as@aeo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 am

Hi,

can somebody tell me, when the next version of Panotour pro (2.0) will be released?

thx
Adrian

Virtuel Rundtur

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Chances are that you will not get an answer, since I have been asking the same question for nearly 6 month now... No Alpha, Beta or stable release in sight...

I have a lot of orders by customers waiting on PTP 2.0 (Need Multiple maps, hires iPad and Android version), and have yesterday cancelled my first order, because my client could not wait any longer. But Kolor do not seem to care about mine or any of their customers businesses. :(

If the software is delayed, or their are waiting on a new version of KRPano, at least they could do is tell their customers what is going on. But maybe they stopped reading their own forum, and spend time skiing in the Alps :-)

If it speeds up the process, skip the Livepano part in the first release and sell it as an extensionpack later. I guess that only 2% of us will use this feature from day one anyway.

Cheers

Henrik
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

http://www.rundtur.dk

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:43 pm

the Livepano Option was stated to be an addon/plugin. this will not be part of panotour 2.0. it will come extra (with extra costs I guess).

in ptp 1.8 you get an license for krpano (for free). USE it. than you have NOW the full functions that will come with panotour 2.0.
You dont need to code when using krpano, kropano comes with "droplets" like "Make pano", "Make pano Multires"; "Make VTour", "Make VTour Multires" etc.

lol - dont blame kolor for canceling your orders ... be flexible.... use krpano with your ptp embedded license.

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virtuel Rundtur

Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Georg

I know you can use droplets in KRPano, but they are really basic. No maps, custom templates etc. If I had the time for manually coding the rest i would use KRpano...

But with around 60-80 pictures in some of my tours, that is not an option for me.

As I wrote, all I need is status on PTP 2.0. I can't understand why Kolor can't tell us something about the progress. If I was CEO of Kolor I would be concerned about all the frustrated users at this forum.

Cheers

Henrik
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm

gkaefer wrote:lol - dont blame kolor for canceling your orders ... be flexible.... use krpano with your ptp embedded license.

Well - they announced it for being beta the time of the Photokina. That was in 09.2012.
No word about when to release PTP2.0 since then.

I mean: i dont care at all about 2.0 - but i understand the frustrations about not commenting the delay.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Octavias

Info

by Octavias » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 am

I am really looking forward to PTP 2.0 because of the theme editor, which si very promising since i cannot find a decent person to write a customer theme for me at this point ( believe me i tried) but i do think that you can do most of the things in 1.8 right now, so like Georg said, don't blame Kolor for cancellation, I just wouldn't promise something you had no control over.

-Max
"The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words."
http://www.acmbphotography.com/ - website
https://www.facebook.com/ACMBPhotography - facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MaxBolotovPhotography

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

Octavias wrote:. . . I just wouldn't promise something you had no control over.

That´s the point! :cool:

I also think 1.8 works very well and does all the things you need to do as a panorama-photographer - even for
commercial working - be it by KRPano and some hand-coding.
I don´t really care about 2.0.

best, Klaus

no avatar
akphoto

Info

by akphoto » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Octavias wrote:I am really looking forward to PTP 2.0....

-Max

As they say in Ukraine - "ne kazhi gop, poka ne pereprygneshʹ ".
The PTP 2.0. - are not and it is unknown when it will be. Just promises and conversations.
High hopes could be dissipate like smoke.
Last edited by akphoto on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virtuel Rundtur

Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Regarding my cancelled order I did not promise my client any of the expected features. I just couldn't fulfill his demands, so it was usable for his needs. iPad hires, multiple maps, android version. His budget is unfortunately not big enough to allow hand coding. Hopefully he has the patience to wait, and not spent his marketing money on something else.

I daily experience that it is other media platforms I compete against. Here in Denmark, the awareness of virtual tours is not widespread. The marketing budget is often used on website, video, mobile apps, stills and other media, so I have to convince my customers that a virtual tour is the best media to obtain more profits in their business.

If you want to be innovative and use virtual tours in new ways, and still keep the price were it is competitive with other media, it is important to have the right software made ​​available. Kolor has so far delivered this software, but I'm missing an upgrade to meet the demands of businesses in 2013 and beyond...

At the moment that is sadly not in sight....

Cheers

Henrik
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:Regarding my cancelled order I did not promise my client any of the expected features. I just couldn't fulfill his demands, so it was usable for his needs. iPad hires, multiple maps, android version. His budget is unfortunately not big enough to allow hand coding. Hopefully he has the patience to wait, and not spent his marketing money on something else.

And did he think he could find all that elsewhere within his budget?

I daily experience that it is other media platforms I compete against. Here in Denmark, the awareness of virtual tours is not widespread. The marketing budget is often used on website, video, mobile apps, stills and other media, so I have to convince my customers that a virtual tour is the best media to obtain more profits in their business.

Of course it may not be.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Deep sigh from over here too, waiting, waiting, trying to keep my cool, slowly feeling regrets not having looked at alternatives sooner, but well, time to start doing that now.
6 months after first news, together with the problems with APG 3.0.x. , that is not really helping to boost confidence in Kolor.

At the same time, Panotour 1.8 is good enough to provide all of my customers with a decent enough tour to make them happy. One of my new photographers, ahaving a camera since a month, did a free tour of a shop that had just been done by Google. The difference in quality was very clear to that the owner of that shop. We will problable help them to integrate the tour into their website...........
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Deep sigh from over here too, waiting, waiting, trying to keep my cool, slowly feeling regrets not having looked at alternatives sooner, but well, time to start doing that now.

And which alternatives do you feel should look at?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Virtuel Rundtur

Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 am

mediavets wrote:And did he think he could find all that elsewhere within his budget?

No, but he could spend his money on a normal webmovie, working on all platforms....

mediavets wrote:And which alternatives do you feel should look at?

At the momemt Pano2VR seems to be the only alternative until Flashificator has finished their html5 version for all mobile platforms. Then this will be the way to go if not Kolor speeds up...

And if someone think: Hey what about Easypano? I just say: Good luck, you need it! ;)

Cheers

Henrik
Last edited by Virtuel Rundtur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 am

mediavets wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:Deep sigh from over here too, waiting, waiting, trying to keep my cool, slowly feeling regrets not having looked at alternatives sooner, but well, time to start doing that now.

Like Henrik said flashificator , pano2vr... Biggist thing to look for would be compatibility on all platforms including Android
Last edited by HansKeesom on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Like Henrik said flashificator , pano2vr... Biggist thing to look for would be compatibility on all platforms including Android

None can guarantee compatibility on all platforms including Android.

Flashificator doesn't yet have a stable HTML5 viewer as far as I know. And their testing has revealed and confirmed just how unpredictable HTML5 viewer can be on different Android platforms.

http://flashificator.com/H5/Flashificator_H5_Android.pdf
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:
mediavets wrote:And did he think he could find all that elsewhere within his budget?

No, but he could spend his money on a normal webmovie, working on all platforms....

Have you considered also offering such a movie product, even if you subcontract the work?

If you are not an experienced video editor then you may like to take a look at Muvee Reveal X which can produce attractive results incorporating video, still images and audio, very easily, generating movies in a variety of formats.

http://www.muvee.com/
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
MisterGasman

Info

by MisterGasman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 am

Hey, Flashificator looks impressive... all these options Panotour Pro should have (more customizability).
As Kolor give no release date of the 2.0, i think i will go for Flashificator!
It's also more then 50% less in purchase...
Last edited by MisterGasman on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

MisterGasman wrote:Hey, Flashificator looks impressive... all these options Panotour Pro should have (more customizability).

Good luck.

You are aware there is as yet no stable released HTML5 version for Flash Panorama Viewer/Flashificator?

Yes, Flashificator has many features but I've read many reports that it also has a pretty steep learning curve for a GUI virtual tour builder.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
MisterGasman

Info

by MisterGasman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 pm

mediavets wrote:
MisterGasman wrote:Hey, Flashificator looks impressive... all these options Panotour Pro should have (more customizability).

Good luck.

You are aware there is as yet no stable released HTML5 version for Flash Panorama Viewer/Flashificator?

Yes, Flashificator has many features but I've read many reports that it also has a pretty steep learning curve for a GUI virtual tour builder.

At the moment the flash version is good enough for us...
We just need to have way more control to create the tour we want... for example: using the mouse/control events/ doing things while loading pano's, have more control over the video's, advanced menu creations etc...
Sure the learning curve will be more then Panotour, but in the end it will pay off. I'm sure a lot will be in Panotour pro 2.0... but the application must be finished by one month, so no other choices.

Grz

no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Info

by as@aeo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh, there has been many traffic since I created this topic. Okay, I overflew the comments and found several answers that the Panotour 1.8 version is as good as the 2.0 version and there are ways to get the new functions of 2.0 with the current version. So let me tell you what I'm waiting for:

- easily costumizable navigation icons (I guess it's quite complicated with 1.8)
- the option to create 360-video with a DSLR (not a complicated rig with 6 or 8 DSLRs bend together) in a quite good quality
- Android compatibility for gyroscope

How can I get these features running with the current 1.8 version of Panotour..

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:56 pm

"found several answers that .........there are ways to get the new functions of 2.0 with the current version"

Did you really? Where did you read that?
Regards, Hans Keesom

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 pm

as@aeo wrote:- the option to create 360-video with a DSLR (not a complicated rig with 6 or 8 DSLRs bend together) in a quite good quality

The only way using ONE camera is to use a mirror-system: http://www.gopano.com/products/gopano-plus#page=technology

The quality is rather mediocre - but depending on what you need maybe sufficient. That´s not related to PTP.

best, Klaus

no avatar
Maukoop.nl

Info

by Maukoop.nl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am

I'd like to know when we can expect Panotour Pro 2.0. I decide to mention this, because than this will be another Signal towards Kolor for the demand.

Panotour 1.8 works well, but there is demand for more creative playground when creating a virtual tour.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

At Kolor, we understand that your are really waiting for Panotour v2.0 and that you have big expectation about it. We don't want to disappoint you and to achieve that, we need a bit extra time to finish everything. If you know us a bit, you are aware that when we do some new major version for any of our product, you can really see the differences between the old and the new one. This will be the case again with panotour v2. Expect only the very best. If you want to know about the date, there will be an announce for that in a few weeks.
So just follow our blog :)

Virtuel Rundtur

Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 pm

:)

Thanks for the update! Perfect news, it is like a extra gift here on my birthday...

Looking forward to hear more in a few weeks.

Cheers

Henrik
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

Next