How to watch tours reliably  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to watch tours reliably

by as@aeo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi,

we need to show our virtual tours, created with panotour pro, to our clients. Normally we have to arrange that by notebook or tablet devices.
Apple products have the disservice that we have no folder-system - in very rare cases we have a wlan-connection.
Android says, the device is not able to install the flash-payer. No app was able to play the tour offline satisfying. Browsers do play it partially, but with an enormous bad quality.
So if we want to have our tours always with us and 100% the ability to show them to our clients, we have to use microsoft devices. I bougth a tablet PC with windows 8 (not RT) and I have a notebook recently formatted. I Have the build-folders of the tours installed. Both the tablet PC as the notebook shows a blank icon for the SWF-file and asks me how to open the file - However I have the newest version of the flashplayer installed!! . The only way to open the virtual tour on both devices, is to open it in a browser. I have no chance to open the tour offline and without failure-notices at the bottom of the screen - even with flashplayer installed!
On my Desktop PC, the SWF-file in the build-folder is shown with the flash-icon and it runs perfectly without using the browser, even offline.

Can somebody tell me how to start the installed virtual tours completely reliable on a tablet PC or a notebook offline? If somebody knows a way, even on android or Apple devices..

thx
Adrian

Octavias

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Octavias » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Hey Adrian,

Let me try to help you with this. The way we present our Virtual Tours is by both MAC products. an iPad2 & a Macbook Pro. We have encountered the same problem, we needed both virtual tours to be present in an offline mode.

Solution for an iPad: Export your tour as a widget with HTML template. and import it into an iBook Author where you can create an iBook that WILL work OFFLINE mode 100%.
Solution for any laptop: I don't know why you are having problems using them offline, I would suggest to us the same browser i use (Google Chrome) which when clicking on an HTML icon of your tour or dragging your SWF file, works perfectly on an OFFLINE computer. MAC or PC.

I don't know much about PC tablets so i can't help you there.

Hope this helped!

-Max
"The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words."
http://www.acmbphotography.com/ - website
https://www.facebook.com/ACMBPhotography - facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MaxBolotovPhotography

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 pm

as@aeo wrote:Hi,

we need to show our virtual tours, created with panotour pro, to our clients. Normally we have to arrange that by notebook or tablet devices.
Apple products have the disservice that we have no folder-system - in very rare cases we have a wlan-connection.

I know it can be done but I don't have an iDevice. Hopefuly someone else will explain how to do it.

Android says, the device is not able to install the flash-player. No app was able to play the tour offline satisfying. Browsers do play it partially, but with an enormous bad quality.

Yes, there are many issues at present with displaying panos and tours on Android platforms; all because of Android not krpano/PTP.

So if we want to have our tours always with us and 100% the ability to show them to our clients,

You cannot (yet) get the same features in a tour targeting iDevices and Flash-enabled platforms.

we have to use microsoft devices.

Well, no that's not really the case, you coudl use any 'conventional' Windows, Mac OSX or Linux desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet which has support for Flash.

I bought a tablet PC with windows 8 (not RT) and I have a notebook recently formatted. I Have the build-folders of the tours installed. Both the tablet PC as the notebook shows a blank icon for the SWF-file and asks me how to open the file - However I have the newest version of the flashplayer installed!! . The only way to open the virtual tour on both devices, is to open it in a browser. I have no chance to open the tour offline and without failure-notices at the bottom of the screen - even with flashplayer installed!

You should have no problem at all viewing a tour (built with HTML template enabled) when opening the HTML file in a browser offline.

On my Desktop PC, the SWF-file in the build-folder is shown with the flash-icon and it runs perfectly without using the browser, even offline.

If not using browser what application is being used to view the SWF?

Can somebody tell me how to start the installed virtual tours completely reliable on a tablet PC or a notebook offline?

On a Windows platform with Flash installed, you should be able to view a tour offline reliably using Firefox or Chrome and 'full' IE (but not the Windows 8 'Metro' IE app) by opening the HTML file created when you built the tour with the HTML template option selected.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by as@aeo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

I tried it out once more with my laptop now - yes, I can start the swf/html-file with the internet explorer. But: this is the only way to start the tour, firefox, chrome - failure notices. A disturbing detail with the internet explorer is that the tour is blocked because of active x - even if I reduce the safety-settings and allow every form of active x elements. No idea why I always get this mesage:

look at the pictures:
Pic 1: penetrating Active x-message in IExplorer even if active x-elements are allowed in every case.
Pic 2: virtual tour in Firefox - failure notice
Pic 3: virtual tour in Chrome - failure notice
Pic 4: An SWF-file opened on ma desktop PC, now browser - just the flash player itself in a window..

Last edited by as@aeo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

as@aeo wrote:I tried it out once more with my laptop now - yes, I can start the swf/html-file with the internet explorer. But: this is the only way to start the tour, firefox, chrome - failure notices. A disturbing detail with the internet explorer is that the tour is blocked because of active x - even if I reduce the safety-settings and allow every form of active x elements. No idea why I always get this mesage:

look at the pictures:
Pic 1: penetrating Active x-message in IExplorer even if active x-elements are allowed in every case.
Pic 4: An SWF-file opened on ma desktop PC, now browser - just the flash player itself in a window..

Look at the screenshot: there are images missing - you have spaces and "forbidden" signs in the name:

Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm

as@aeo wrote:I tried it out once more with my laptop now - yes, I can start the swf/html-file with the internet explorer. But: this is the only way to start the tour, firefox, chrome - failure notices. A disturbing detail with the internet explorer is that the tour is blocked because of active x - even if I reduce the safety-settings and allow every form of active x elements. No idea why I always get this mesage:

look at the pictures:

Uploaded images are displayed in the sort order of their filenames. You can control the order they are displayed by adding a simple numeric prefix to each filename.

That's an inherent 'feature' of IE as far as I know. Just accept and move on?

You haven't set Flash local security settings correctly - see:
http://krpano.com/docu/localusage/#top

Have you perhaps also enbtered a value in the Restricted domains field of the tour build dialogue?

And as Klaus says avoid 'fancy' charactes and spaces, and mixed case in file and folder names for maximum compability across operating systems.

It appears that at some time you have downloaded and installed the standalone Flash player on this system?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.