Video transition between panoramas  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Gund

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Video transition between panoramas

by Gund » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 am

I just wanted to ask - Has someone tried it?
Suppose if I have x and y panos and z.avi and I want that when a user goes from x to y he would watch a video transition (a video clip or a slideshow of a rout from x room to y room (it is quite easy to shoot a pano from a tripod then make a short movie carrying a camera on a tripod))
I created a tour with a video hotspot showing z.avi and a hotspot with transition from x to y. (how can I combine two actions in one? - so when a user clicks on a transition hotspot he would first see a short video (z.avi) and after that (or while the video is playing) a new pano is loaded )
So if my tour is called tour.html then my tour0.xml would have the following code (where z.avi is named by PTP - object0.flv )

<!--************** Hotspots and lensflares ****************************************************-->
<hotspot name="spot0" onclick="mainloadpano(tour1.xml);" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" crop="0|0|65|65" frame="0" lastframe="9" frameheight="65" framewidth="65" onloaded="set(stopSequence,false);animate(spot0,0.1);" onhover="showtext('go to y');" ath="525.882" atv="-10.722"/>
<hotspot name="spot1" onclick="closeglobalobjects();closeallobjects();set(plugin[spot1object].visible,true);tween(plugin[spot1object].alpha, 1);plugin[spot1object].play();" url="tourdata/graphics/spots/spot1.png" onhover="showtext('play z.avi');" ath="230.569" atv="-6.6443" width="70" height="70"/>
<plugin name="spot1object" visible="false" url="tourdata/graphics/videoplayer.swf" videourl="tourdata/graphics/spots/object0.flv" pausedonstart="true" align="center" alpha="0" onclick="closeglobalobjects();tween(alpha, 0);delayedcall(0.5,set(visible,false));stop();" width="720" height="480"/>
<action name="hidepanospotsaction">
set(hotspot[spot0].visible, false);
set(hotspot[spot2].visible, false);</action>
<action name="showpanospotsaction">
set(hotspot[spot0].visible, true);
set(hotspot[spot2].visible, true);</action>
<!-- close all hotspots -->
<action name="closeallobjects">set(plugin[spot1object].alpha, 0);set(plugin[spot1object].visible,false);plugin[spot1object].stop();</action>

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 am

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.. also, I did not think avi movies worked in a pano... why do you not use mp4...

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Gund wrote:I just wanted to ask - Has someone tried it?
Suppose if I have x and y panos and z.avi and I want that when a user goes from x to y he would watch a video transition

We´re working on that too. It´s a nice idea! It means not to JUMP into the next room but having a short moment of GOING into the next room - much more surprising than a zoom. Nice effect.
I did it experimentally by "going" throug a revolving door to an adjacent floor instead of zooming to the door and then jumping into the floor.
Was a glass-construction - and the feeling of being inside a transparent building got stronger by "going" through the door. Kind of "analogue" feeling :cool:

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
MART

Info

by MART » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Like the concept not just as a momentary transition but stretch it out to convey the feeling of a journey or to impart secondary information , progress shots inside a building starting with pano of a derelict area, use a few minutes of speeded up footage of the construction to take you to the pano of the completed room,far more engaging than the conventional "transition" between two states of the same environment.

no avatar
Gund

Topic author
Info

by Gund » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes that is exactly what I wanted.
It doesn't really matters what the extension of the video will be - avi, mp4 or flv - everything is fine.
The problem is - I don't know how to make a hot spot play a video first and than load a different panorama (or do it simultaneously). I suppose it is not that hard - but I lack the knowledge of coding xmls.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Gund wrote:Yes that is exactly what I wanted.
It doesn't really matters what the extension of the video will be - avi, mp4 or flv - everything is fine.
The problem is - I don't know how to make a hot spot play a video first and than load a different panorama (or do it simultaneously). I suppose it is not that hard - but I lack the knowledge of coding xmls.

Which post do you refer to?

best, Klaus

no avatar
Gund

Topic author
Info

by Gund » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

I mean Klaus and MART understood the idea.
In short the question is - is it possible to create a hotspot (by editing xml) that first plays a video, then loads a panorama? (or plays a video while loading panorama - kind of combining video hotspot and transition hotspot)

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Gund wrote:I mean Klaus and MART understood the idea.
In short the question is - is it possible to create a hotspot (by editing xml) that first plays a video, then loads a panorama? (or plays a video while loading panorama - kind of combining video hotspot and transition hotspot)

We´re working on it . . . :cool: There seems to be an alternative.

But definitely not by just editing the xml . . ;)

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gund

Topic author
Info

by Gund » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Ok - it was easy only in my imagination ) - I though if a hotspot my turn a video on and a different hotspot may load the next pano it would be easy to create a hotspot that would do the first function and then do the second one. I really don't know a lot about flash