full screen output  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 pm

fuxco wrote:My project have 72 panorama pictures which they are linke to another . ( over 2000 hotspot point ) + over than 2.5 GB movies and sound ,
if i don't add separated pano images to embed in one exe file , and open separated image of panos from data folder in side of exe file , do it is smaller size ?

How i can increase load speed time on dvd ?
do not embed image in one exe file or embed image on that ?

if you "embedd" that means that ALL is put in ONE file (except videos and soundfiles).
what happens if you open now THIS file. you've to wait until ALL is in memory.
and if this CD is put into a small subnotebook ? even on my win764bit PC with 16GB Ram an embedded tour with only one pano made of 20 images will have me look what went wrong because it takes so long to load (30seconds or so)...

if you dont "embedd" you get a directory (depending on number of panos and of panoimagesize of course) with propably hundrets of subfolders and up to many thousands of html files and tiles/cubes of your pano.

what happens if you start the tour now?

you load the starting preview image and depending on user interaction ONLY those part of ALL of your panos will be dynamically be loaded to the viewers webbrowser that can be seen on screen. So for each pano multiple levels of zooming levels are saved, so if user is zooming out only the screen is loaded of this special zooming level. if user is deep zooming only this specific viewable excerpt of this currently used zooming level must be loaded

so what do you think will enjoy your users more?

Georg

PS: so YES I would not use the krpano protect tool to create an exe file and I wont use the "embedd" feature in ptp 1.8 (which puts all in one swf file).
I would use the fullscrenn.html template in ptp 1.8 and would not embedd the xml files too (so you can edit your tour by using krpano syntax).
you get one directory containing one html file this html file can be put in an autostart.inf file (or use AutoHotKey scripting tool to create an exe file which opens this fullscrenn html file ;-)) if you insist on exe files) so it automatically get loaded if CD is inserted.
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
akphoto

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by akphoto » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:55 pm

fuxco wrote:My project have 72 panorama pictures which they are linke to another . ( over 2000 hotspot point ) + over than 2.5 GB movies and sound ,
if i don't add separated pano images to embed in one exe file , and open separated image of panos from data folder in side of exe file , do it is smaller size ?

How i can increase load speed time on dvd ?
do not embed image in one exe file or embed image on that ?

Maybe you are interested in VaySoft SWF to EXE Converter Pro - http://www.vaysoft.com/swf-to-exe-converter-pro/swf-to-exe-converter-pro.htm .
I like this more than the converter SWF MAESTO EXE PRO.

Previous