Instructions on how to view tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Instructions on how to view tour

by alosurdo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 am

Hi, i have come across quite a few people who were unaware they you could use your mouse to scroll through a virtual tour and could only use the menu at the bottom of the screen (crazy, i know!). Is it possible to have a little note, something along the lines of "You can also use you mouse to view the tour. Simply click and move in the tour" underneath the directional buttons?

Cheers

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 am

panotour pro 1.8 -> Project Properties -> Appearance -> Template: use one that includes HELP
under Behavior Tab than select Splach screen: Help screen

in result the help screen will be displayed by default
Georg

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 am

emm.. You can create you Tour with a ? button and on this linked graphic you can put anything you want... If you have the graphic with rounded corners or an irregular shape, you will need to use a 24bit png but if its rectangular, then just save as a jpg. This buttons set here I put 'INFO' on it where I can put any info I like including how to navigate you tour.. You can also put a basic html file with text and a graphic where you can include any info you want about your tour... To add your graphic just replace what is there so you do not have to edit the xml code.

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Snow/virtualtour.html

Destiny..

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by alosurdo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 am

thanks for your help guys. Im leaning towards gkaefer idea with the splash screen.

Just to confirm, there is no way of putting a small amount of text under the the directional buttons?

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 am

alosurdo wrote:thanks for your help guys. Im leaning towards gkaefer idea with the splash screen.

Just to confirm, there is no way of putting a small amount of text under the the directional buttons?

1. you can exchange the images (so they fix include text)
or
2. if using panotour pro 1.8 you can create your tour with not embedding the xml files and than you can have a look at krpano.com site. the arrow icon plugins created by panotour 1.8 can be manually extended/enhanced with an onover="..." action and here you can use "showtext" to display a description text if users are coming over the buttons...

onover: http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#layer.onover
showtext: http://krpano.com/docu/actions/#showtext

Georg