Does anyone know how these 360's were made?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
HawaiiHans

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Does anyone know how these 360's were made?

by HawaiiHans » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Has anyone seen the 360's on the Space Ibiza website? Here's the link http://www.spaceibiza.com/en/media/fotos-360o.html

It doesn't look like there's any stitching as there's way too much movement in a club. Are they using somesort of single shot camera?

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 pm

HawaiiHans wrote:Has anyone seen the 360's on the Space Ibiza website? Here's the link http://www.spaceibiza.com/en/media/fotos-360o.html

It doesn't look like there's any stitching as there's way too much movement in a club. Are they using somesort of single shot camera?

Speedmode needs extremely short exposure-time. Can you imagine using 1/500-1000sec in this location? :D Too much movement, people would have bee split and blurred.

I´d say a single release using an array of cameras to cover a sphere in one shot. 6 GoPro, 3 or 4 Nikons w. fisheyes or a parabolic mirror for axample.

The flares from the stage light seem to implicate a rig of GoPros or a mirror.

Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
HawaiiHans

Topic author
Info

by HawaiiHans » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 am

Yikes. I've been checking out the Seitz equipment. Since this is still a hobby it will be a long time before I can spend that kind of money. I can definitely see how a professional might make the investment. Time is money and these tools could shave a lot of time off the workflow. Thank you both once again for your wisdom.

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 am

there are stitching errors if you look for them, but overall they did a pretty good job here

these were most likely shot w a full frame dslr + 180° circular fisheye with 4 images around using short exposure & high iso

like this, Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5mm (shaved) on Nodal Ninja R1, 4 images around @ 0° tilt capture the entire 360x180 sphere

http://www.samrohn.com/360-panorama/lower-manhattan-blackout/

this was shot at iso 1600 with 15 - 30 second exposures during a blackout, i prefer dark and empty to crowded and noisy personally :)

for a low light high action party pano you would want to shoot no slower than around 1/30 sec at whatever iso was required, shoot more images & angles than you need for some options on masking, poses and faces, and careful masking while stitching

you would not want to use a robot in an environment like a dance party, no way it could possibly keep up w the action, lights, dancing, etc

slit scanning cameras like seitz roundshot would also not work here, such a camera requires a static environment, any moving objects will "smear" like moving your hand across a scanner while it is scanning

one shot mirrors give very low quality panos and cannot cover more than about 110° vertically

multiple DSLRs shooting simultaneously would have parallax issues in a tight environment like a DJ booth, multi gopro rig would have exposure issues in this enviroment due to gopro's lack of manual exposure control

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

Christian Stüben

Liked in: 9 posts
Info

by Christian Stüben » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 am

Destiny wrote:Hi... SPEEEEEEEEED mode.. but there are not many companies that make the equipment.. Seitz, LizardQ and the RODDEN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeb40a0kT0A There might be others but what ever way you loot at it.. $$$$$$ and more $$$$$.. and $$$....
:lo:

Destiny..

:P The demo video on youtube must be lying ... a laptop with visible screen contents at full daylight ... impossible :P

greetings from germany
Chris
---
always remember, the world is a flat disk.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Destiny wrote:I would put my money on the Seitz, LizardQ or the RODDEN. Software can fix up the ghosting..

You´d definitely lost your money.

Sam´s right (he´s a very experienced and skillful panorama photographer).

(btw.: it´s RODEON, not RODDEN and the manufacturer is Dr. Clauss - they´re making the best panorama-heads available).

Klaus

no avatar
Gund

Info

by Gund » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:35 pm

That is defenitly a full frame with something very wide - Stiching errors are there. There were probably more errors after the initial stitching but if you stich psd with layers they may be well corrected.
The problem here is not the lack of lightiing or people moving but the moving light projectors that change colors - that is something very hard for stitching.

It is not so hard if you use a full frame with 8 or 10 mm (preferably shaved) and stitch into PSD with layers.

asiavr

Info

by asiavr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am

No need to invest any expensive equipments. :lol:
The disco invite all party animals or regular to go to their disco one day with free entrance...
Before the party begins, ask all of them to frezze 5 sec for the photograhper to take a pano.
just require a bit of coordination of the crowd only. :lol:
Last edited by asiavr on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 pm

asiavr wrote:No need to invest any expensive equipments. :lol:
The disco invite all party animals or regular to go to their disco one day with free entrance...
Before the party begins, ask all of them to frezze 5 sec for the photograhper to take a pano.
just require a bit of coordination of the crowd only. :lol:

:D:D

That´s why they all look like sleeping . . . :lol::cool:

best, Klaus

no avatar
Aperol

Info

by Aperol » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Sam Rohn wrote:there are stitching errors if you look for them, but overall they did a pretty good job here

these were most likely shot w a full frame dslr + 180° circular fisheye with 4 images around using short exposure & high iso

like this, Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5mm (shaved) on Nodal Ninja R1, 4 images around @ 0° tilt capture the entire 360x180 sphere

for a low light, high action party pano you would want to shoot no slower than around 1/30 sec at whatever iso was required, shoot more images & angles than you need for some options on masking, poses and faces, and careful masking while stitching

hi!
this night i will try to make a pano in a night club while people are dancing...

i will use a canon 60D + sigma 10mm fisheye , i will need 6 images every 60° + zenith to cover the sphere... i will try to shoot some more images...
my concern is the noise with high iso.... and a bad stiching... any other suggestion?
Last edited by Aperol on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canon 60D / Samyang 8mm fisheye / Sigma 10mm fisheye / NN3 MKII / Manfrotto Xprob055 / Autopano Giga / Panotour Pro

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Nope.... looks like you are well on your way to creating a dogs dinner... :lol:

Good luck! :lol: :lol:

If I were to attempt it.. I would set up my VR Drive with a full frame fisheye, D800, X 4 shots at -30, or even -45, and set it to speed mode and let it fire off at least four goes round but at different start degree points, and one perhaps 2 X 4 + 30 or 45... Drop the lot into apg and see.... With the new ghosting tool it might work...

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
alosurdo

Info

by alosurdo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 am

would have thought a 3-4 shot around with a 180 Circ Fish Eye at a high ISO would let you get away with something like this.