Works fine on my machine but not on the internet server?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Motorised » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Well I'll be damned. You're right. It works fine. Well Done. Can you get to me the files you've fixed so I can have a look at them in the cool light of daylight tomorrow.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Motorised wrote:Well I'll be damned. You're right. It works fine. Well Done. Can you get to me the files you've fixed so I can have a look at them in the cool light of daylight tomorrow.

You can download a ZIP from here: http://www.threerivers.org.uk/somerset-house/somerset-house.zip
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Motorised » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Andrew, finally I’ve done it. And most certainly all the credit goes to you. My sincere gratitude for your supreme diligence in my hour of need.

Having a decent night’s sleep after several restless nights has helped too. Anybody who’s lived in a high-rise during a gale will know exactly what I’m talking about.

Also Windows 8 on the desktop is a constant battle of wills. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Depending on update downloads. For instance, originally it was perfectly happy speaking to my Nikon, then suddenly decided to completely disown it. I had to break out an old Windows 7 laptop to transfer images.

Also Windows 8 doesn’t like changing file names and often gets up to all sorts of silly tricks and plays silly buggers. You change the name and five minutes later you look at the file again only to discover Windows has changed it back again. It’s not unknown for folders full of images to disappear completely only to return a couple of days later. You soon learn not to panic and just let Windows 8 do it’s thing while it sorts itself out.

I have most definitely taken on board your advice about using only lower case with Unix in mind. Those who advocate the use of camelCase certainly haven’t appreciated the can of worms they’re likely to encounter.

Although in the end I didn't need the use of your zip, thank you anyway as it might very well have been a life saver.

Once again, a big thank you for all your help and patience.
Last edited by Motorised on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous