Side Map  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Side Map

by alosurdo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi, i have got the Bing Maps sidebar to work with 5 panoramas, however it only shows one point at a time, ie the active point. I have a few virtual tours with in the same geographical vicinity (approx 5km radius) and wanted to show them all on a map so the viewer could select which ever one. At the moment with Bing maps, it only shows the active tour.

Is it possible to do something like this??

Thanks in advance

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 pm

alosurdo wrote:Hi, i have got the Bing Maps sidebar to work with 5 panoramas, however it only shows one point at a time, ie the active point. I have a few virtual tours with in the same geographical vicinity (approx 5km radius) and wanted to show them all on a map so the viewer could select which ever one. At the moment with Bing maps, it only shows the active tour.

Is it possible to do something like this??

Thanks in advance

I think you will find that all the hotspots are being displayed, perhaps you just need to set a custom colour (or custom colours) for the map hotspots to make them more visible?

Of course only the active spot will display the radar feature if you have selected it.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I Just checked this and they dont appear as invisible. THis is the tour i am referring to http://www.360panorama.com.au/balmainpark.swf
Please excuse the size of this tour. I have loaded the full size panos however i havent worked out how to down size the whole project in the program before exporting it (im guessing i need to resize each pano first).

As you can see on the map when you click on the different panoramas, they do show up, however individually.

Thanks in advance for your help

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 am

alosurdo wrote:Please excuse the size of this tour. I have loaded the full size panos however i havent worked out how to down size the whole project in the program before exporting it (im guessing i need to resize each pano first).

Multi-resolution tiling (which is automatic) will handle any size of pano image, but to avoid excessive load time you must then uncheck the Embed all data option:

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks for that mediavets. I will give that a try.

Any idea why the individual points on the map would not be showing up?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 am

alosurdo wrote:Thanks for that mediavets. I will give that a try.

I am waiting and waiting and waiting for your tour to download so I can see what you see.

But right now I have no idea why your hotspots are not all showing.

Did you try changing the colours of the hostpots as I suggested just to check that that's not the issue? I noticed that when using default settings it was very difficult to see the non-active (no radar) hotspots against a Bing map.

What version of Panotour/Panotour Pro are you using and on which OS?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:10 am

I am using the latest verison on Mac OSX.
I havent upload to server not as a embeded swf. Im guessing i upload the buildfolder as well as the small swf file and once the swf file is executed it reads data from the build folder?? as simple as that (hopefully) :)

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 am

alosurdo wrote:I am using the latest verison on Mac OSX.
I havent upload to server not as a embeded swf. Im guessing i upload the buildfolder as well as the small swf file and once the swf file is executed it reads data from the build folder?? as simple as that (hopefully) :)

You should use one of the HTML template option and use the build as...option to create the tour in a new folder/directory. Then upload the entire contents of that folder/dircetory to your server. Now you cam view the tour via the HTML file.

If you are creating both Flash and iDevice-compatible tour then you must use one of the HTML template options, and access the tour via that HTML file, because the HTML file invokes a script that determines which version to load depending on the browser user-agent detected by the script.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:09 am

alosurdo wrote:Thanks for that mediavets. I will give that a try.

OK - after leaving it overnight to download your tour I can now now view it.

I can't see any hotspot even for the active hotspot - Using latest Firefox on Window XP, I only see the radar effect/feature - see first screenshot.

What settings are you using for these Map hotspots? Can you show us a screenshot like my screenshot 2?

Tip: if you use Post Reply rather than Quick post you fill find the image upload feature (below the message composition/edit box) that allows you to upload oimages with you message.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have uploaded a screenshot.

I cant belive it took all night to download What i will do is do it like you said next time and use one of the HTML templates and not embeed the html file, im guessing that will hopefully fix it.

Thanks again

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 am

This might be a better screenshot

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 am

Ok, i have worked both things out. The build to make it load faster, mobile devices compatibility and the hotspots (i manually entered the pixel size). It can be viewed here: http://360panorama.com.au/balmain/balmain.html

My next question (and hopefully my last) is. With the maps loading on the side, is it possible to get it to load initially as HYBRID size and specifiy how far in it zooms when opened (at the moment i find its zoomed out a little too far)

Thanks

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:10 am

alosurdo wrote:Ok, i have worked both things out. The build to make it load faster, mobile devices compatibility and the hotspots (i manually entered the pixel size).

Good - strangely I get it working just fine without manually setting a pixel size ( perhaps a small difference between Mac and Windows versions of PTP?).

Much better it now loads at a resaonable speed even on my relatively low bandwidth ADSL Net connection. It would load and display even more quickly without the little planet inro.

With the maps loading on the side, is it possible to get it to load initially as HYBRID

You have edit an XML file created when you buld the tour. You can use the Edit/Open last xeported project directory command to find the files.

Open the base XML file - the one without a numeric suffix - find the section that relate to panotour Maps plugin and change the value of the maptype attribute to HYBRID - see first screenshot. It would be nice to have the option to set this value from the PTP GUI.

size and specifiy how far in it zooms when opened (at the moment i find its zoomed out a little too far)

Thanks

You can set initial zoom level by setting the correct zoom level in the Hotspot Editor panel and then seting the Default view ; either using the relaevant icon, or using whatever is the equivalent to right-click on a Mac - see second screenshot.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks so much for your help mediavets. It is much appreciated. I will give these a try today. Thanks again

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 pm

I dont have the MAPTYPE command in the initial xml (the one with a number). SHould i simply add the command to the line?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 pm

alosurdo wrote:I dont have the MAPTYPE command in the initial xml (the one with a number). SHould i simply add the command to the line?

I said the one without the number ("Open the base XML file - the one without a numeric suffix")
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 am

mediavets wrote:
alosurdo wrote:I dont have the MAPTYPE command in the initial xml (the one with a number). SHould i simply add the command to the line?

I said the one without the number ("Open the base XML file - the one without a numeric suffix")

SOrry my mistake. That should have been the one WITHOUT a number. Anyway, it wasnt in the xml file so i just added it and it worked.

Last question for now i promise :) If i have a large tour and make ammedmendants or add new tours to the project, do i have to re upload everything or is there a shortcut to just upload the newer parts or small changes.

Thanks

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 am

alosurdo wrote:or is there a shortcut to just upload the newer parts or small changes.

I guess that should be possible if you have an FTP client that will synchronise local and remote files.
Andrew Stephens