Maps Not working too well?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Maps Not working too well?

by Motorised » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

I’ve never had much luck with getting the maps to work properly. Sometimes they work, very often they don’t. I carefully checked the Flash Security permissions, and that’s not the problem.

However, I’ve discovered that on occasions the maps work, and then when you come back to them later, - after having done other work for a couple of weeks or so – they have to be re-rendered to get them to work again, and even after re-rendering they still might not work. Looking a little deeper, I found that by double clicking on the html file, the map wouldn’t work, but if I double clicked on the swf file and viewed it directly in a browser, the map would work. Very strange.

I then started experimenting with different browsers, and have got to the point where I’ve got the maps working in every browser: Firefox, Safari, IE, Opera, in fact everything except Chrome where the maps stubbornly refuse to work. The same problems occur with both the Bing maps and Open Street Maps. They either both work, or not at all. When I get one working, the other works too.

Anyone got any suggestions?

no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Motorised » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Ed

I reckon there's something in what you say about a malfunctioning connection. Panotour Pro seems to have done its job properly because all the controls are there and so is the hotspot. All that's missing is the map. Instead what I get is blank white screen. I really wish I could come up with a solution to this, or get some idea of what's not working too well so I can rectify it. I've visited websites where the maps don't work too well and your first reaction is 'well he didn't do that too well because it doesn't work'. So if the maps are proving to be unreliable on my local machine, what are they going to be like when uploaded to a server. I don't want people thinking I can 't do my job properly.